Who Has Left Defy?

Not birthday, universary since joining but thanks :smiley:

For your question no but they can affect other hormones

1 Like

Ha gotcha. Deceiving cake.

I ask because one of my blood tests months ago came back unusually high (for TT and FT) and I was taking pregnenolone at the time.

This would be something totally new for me

You are so lucky that you live in NY and are surrounded by great doctors. Those of us that live in the “middle of the country” have to go years without seeing a good doctor. We only get to see one when we hop on our horses make the 1000 mile trip east. Its a pretty hard ride, but TOTALLY worth it to see the great doctors of new york.

Backfilling the pathways was coined by Crisler… Which he did a hell of a job convincing us that it was true. Problem is, once it was looked into properly, we all learned that it was, unfortunately, bro science. I was a big believer in it at one point. You live, you learn!

2 Likes

A lot of people quote that Crisler paper on backfilling the pathways as if it’s a double blind placebo controlled study. It was an intelligent, although incorrect, speculation by him and nothing more. We know that a vast majority of the Pregnenolone in the body is created by the adrenals independent of testicular function.

1 Like

What if adrenals are not producing pregnenolone. I was tested and my serum levels were 15 ng/dL. DHEAs level is 53 mcg/dL. I have been told I don’t have adrenal insufficiency because all other adrenal hormone levels are normal and other tests showed no issues. I have been off TRT for over one year now. 54 year old male with total test level of 333 ng/dL and free test level of 30 pg/dL. Range is 35-155 pg/dL. Endo says it is normal. I feel like shit every day

1 Like

Pregnenolone blood tests are notoriously inaccurate. If your other downstream hormones are there you’re probably fine. Your low free t is probably why you feel shitty. Couldn’t hurt to check thyroid too.

Your test levels are low so it is normal to feel shitty. Why you stopped TRT?

1 Like

Test cream wasn’t working due to poor absorption, high DHT and Estrodiol levels. Could not get test levels above 400. Plus high RBC, Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels due to newly diagnosed sleep apnea. Test cream didn’t work for me bottom line. I know it works great for many. I plan on restarting sub q therapy soon.

You take DHEA and PREG because of the benefits, and not some over complicated reason.

Sit down and write the benefits of hormones down. Now just take the hormones and realize the benefits as you grow and age.

TRT will remove them symptoms you experience with low t.

If you have low T and take dhea and preg you won’t feel better.

The opposite is true and I’m sure you get the point.

Probably the pharmacy you got it from wasn’t creating quality compounded cream or using the right base (HRT BASE). Not one person has said scrotal cream didn’t work when purchased from MedQuest. At empower men have had issues. It’s a delicate process. One bad batch and you need ten clicks instead of 2.

Thank you! The cream I used was from Empower pharmacy

Have you tried every day sub-q injections? Cream might be bad but also I dont think cream is suitable for everyone

I think if you find the right doctor you can be dialed in even if it takes a few months

I appreciate your suggestions. I am working with a clinic, the plan is to start low dose sub q every 3.5 days. My SHBG is 44.