What are some good protein bars?

Hey JMB, I live in Canada as well (Hamilton to be exact). I have never seen PC protein bars in a grocery store. Which chain do you purchase the bars at? I wouldn’t mind giving them a whirl as I splurge once or twice a week on a protein bar. By the way, kudos to all your postings on the forum lately. You have really been active it seems and all your info is top notch. Sometimes I scroll looking for ‘johnmberardi’. Thanks a ton

Designer Protein MaltedMuscles rock!

Methoxy-Pro bars from cytodyne

Hey guys, I agree, those Designer Protein bars absolutely rock, but I’ve heard from a few sources they don’t meet label claims as far as glycerine. I actually brought this up before I heard this, because I notciced that they were so good, but they were way too gooey to have the same content basically as the Pure Protein.

I like the Dr Atkins bars? Does anyone have the low down on them? I’m sure there must be some bad stuff since they taste great.

You can get PC bars at Loblaws (I said that in my original post). Do you have Loblaws there?

Anybody try the new Pure Protein Smores bar? I usually like peanut butter/chocolate combo. Met-rx protein plus (choc chip) and peanut butter pure protein are my favorites.

The smores bars by pure protein are my current favorite

Sorry JMB, but I did not misread your post. PC was originally sold in Loblaws stores, but they are now sold in many different grocery chains, including Fortino’s, No Frills and others. I don’t have a Loblaws in Hamilton, so I thought maybe you shopped at one of the chains that are available to me. I interpreted Loblaw’s as the many different chains that are affiliated with Loblaw’s, not just the main Loblaw’s chain. Thanks again for the info though.

I just read through most of the replies and found that my fave is dubiously absent. Anyone out there in Cyberland had an ISS Pro42 bar? Anyone heard of ISS? It’s a company started by a bunch of guys that left EAS when Weider bought them. Anyway, they taste like the Met-Rx low carb/high protein bars but have a whopping 42 grams of protien per bar. Carbs are low (<10 grams) and they have the same micronutrient profile as the Met-Rx bars.
Now if all you Americoons are wondering who the HELL ISS is, I can finally rejoice in the fact that a great product is only available in Canada. Or maybe yall just don’t like 'em. My flavour vote is for Almond Rocky Road. Tastes like a chocolate liquer truffle.

jasd…I tried the S’mores bars at the Arnold–actually walked by the both about a dozen times to get samples:-)–and they’re are pretty awesome. I’m a huge fan of their Blueberry Cheesecake bars, but the S’mores bars are definitely their best chocolatey one.

Thanks for the heads up Edge. The Designer bars ARE suspiciously good and gooey. Anybody heard any more about these bars? Since I ordered 2 boxes, I’ll eat them anyway, but I would like to figure the calories/carbs into my diet correctly.

Hoser, where in Hamilton are you? Know of any cheap supplement shops?

Vince, there’s a shop across the road from Limeridge mall that sells Grow! at a decent price. I’m not sure what other Biotest supps they sell though. I only popped in once. I think all their stuff is priced fairly. Sorry, but I forget what the name of the store is. By the way, Limeridge mall is up on the mountain. If you don’t mind shopping on-line, I strongly suggest the-gym. Hopefully you can figure out the URL.