war tax

Well, taxes were low during part of the Clinton adminstration because the Republican-controlled Congress of that era had fiscal discipline and because there was “gridlock” between the legislative and the executive branches. I’m starting to think (as much as I hate Clinton) that this is the perfect match. Now, unfortunately, we have Republicans who want to spend and spend. WTF??? Where are Gingrich and Kasich when we need them? I think we need the term limits that these guys promised us in 1994. We don’t need Democrats – just Republicans uncorrupted by Washington power.

Back to the topic – the government does need to live within its means. They can’t just take from people whenever they decide to spend some money. So, if there’s a war tax, we should all share the pain.

Why bother with direct taxation? It is so obvious and upsets people. Just fund yourself through the silent tax of inflation. Create money out of nothing to pay for expenditures.

Everyone who holds US dollars pays when inflation erodes the value of their US dollars. But few notice. As long as people hold US dollars it is a great racket.

Has anyone been watchong the Federal Reserve of late? Are you already paying a war tax if you hold US dollars?

May as well just get to the point.