Wanted: The Movie

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Do NOT watch this movie. This is the worst movie I have seen in 7 years since I saw Jeepers Creepers in the theatre. You have been warned.

mike[/quote]

I didn’t think Wanted was that bad… Epic Movie, however, has to be the dumbest piece of trash I have ever watched.

[quote]patricio2626 wrote:
Epic Movie, however, has to be the dumbest piece of trash I have ever watched.[/quote]

All those movies suck.

Scary Movie (I and II) and Not Another Teen Movie were solid flicks, but it went waaaay downhill after that.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
See, I can accept the fact that it comes from a comic. I can handle suspension of disbelief. I can even handle the whole “curve the bullet” silliness. However, the last scene where she curves the bullet and kills 8 people in a circle is fucktarded.

All that said, the stupid shit they did with the cars was retarded with the exception of slamming it into the train.

I was also blown away at the incredible creativity of the “Luke I am your father scene”. Wow, I hadn’t seen that one coming.

Oh yeah, let’s not forget some magic loom that speaks binary and orders you to kill people that never gets explained.

The foreshadowing with the rats was blatant.

I also love how this badass assasin looks like an 8 year old who hasn’t sprouted a pube yet. This guy made Toby McQuire look like Brock Lesnar.

Look, I’m a huge spider-man fan. Have been since I was a little kid and first heard the words, “With great power comes great responsibility”. But that fact makes me MORE angry when something cool gets gayed up. It does not cause me to give the director a pass. You either do the job right or you don’t do it at all. In this case he should have directed “Bridges of Madison County 2” or some shit.

Fraternity of assassins my ass. This movie couldn’t have sucked more if this fraternity pulled out the paddles and had gay sex.[/quote]

Now that is a movie review. Should’ve opened with that.

As for your points, yeah, the last scene was pushing it a bit hard. But hey, one hard to swallow scene doesn’t ruin the whole movie. Not for me, at least.

Car stuff was a bit daft; but all movies have dumb car stuff nowadays. All the “reality based” car stuff was done in the 70s. If you want something new, you have to forget about physics. I liked the “pick the guy up in the parking” stunt, even though you’d probably kill him - at the least break both his legs and his neck - trying that.

Father/Son stuff - minor plot twist, no biggie.

The Loom was, at that point, controlled by the Morgan Freeman character. I guess he probably got rid of whoever was controlling it before.

As for what the guys looks like, who cars? They use guns and knives to kill and avoid damage using supernatural reflexes. You don’t really need to be 6’4" and 300 pounds to shoot someone.

I get your points, but a bit more suspension of disbelief got me quite a bit of entertainment from that movie.

Rented it on Blu-Ray the other night. I thought it was awesome! Loved it.

Totally preposterous, but amazingly cool, with lots of style…

Oh, and I really liked Hancock too.

And Jeepers Creepers has its flaws, but it manages a good atmosphere of fear and tension, plus it had a cool monster…

COOL! A shitty movie thread! Lemme try:

Horrors of War… You would think that Nazis+zombies would equal epic awesomeness… This movie just flat out sucked elephant balls. It was a 99 cent rental for 5 days, and I still feel like I was the one that got ripped off.

Diary of the Dead… I actually watched the whole thing, but the whole time I was muttering to myself “God this movie sucks”. Just. Fucking. Awful.

Undead… HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE FUCKING BLOWS. I didn’t even watch 10 minutes of it.

Damn it, why can’t they do zombie movies like they used to anymore? Why is it so fucking difficult to make a good zombie movie? I mean, the Dawn of the Dead remake was fucking awesome, but since then…

In fact, horror movies as a whole are just basically nonexistent. they are all either shitty remakes, or that stupid “The Grudge” bullshit.

Fucking shit. Take me back to the 80s-early 90s. When Hollywood knew how to make a good horror movie. You know what else? The movie rental places don’t even have a horror section like they did when I was a kid. It’s all lumped into the action section.

I hate it. I want good scary movies to make a come back.

I saw Wanted in theaters and watched again last night on BluRay. I enjoyed it quite a bit both times. It’s not going to win any awards, but it was still a decent action movie with some decent humour thrown in too.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
Wanted wasn’t that bad.
and jeepers creepers is an old favorite of mine.
Hancock was fun too.
I guess I’m not cut out to be a movie critic…[/quote]

I’m with you man. As long as the movie is fun and entertains me its good for me…I think some people are just way way too uptight about wanting movies to be uhhh I don’t even know wtf they want. They want the movie to be like real life? I dunno…

Anyway yeah I like Wanted, Hancock, Jeepers Creepers, etc…

The only 2 movies I can remember watching and wanting to get up and leave the theatre were “Across the Universe” (seriously felt like I was supposed to be baked out of my mind to watch it or something) and Michael Clayton (which actually got awards I think? Shit was soooooo fucking boring). I don’t give a shit how good the acting is, if the movie itself is boring then its STILL BORING!

The first Jeepers Creepers was actually fairly decent. What is it people don’t like about that movie?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
We’ve already discussed this…and I thought the movie was just fine.

.[/quote]

x2

The first Jeepers Creepers was actually fairly decent. What is it people don’t like about that movie?[/quote]

just awful, the ending sealed it

the happening and the strangers were awful

I watched Hancock on Thanksgiving day with friends and I HATED it. The last half was thrown together storyline-wise. As the credits rolled I really thought that the film makers must think the audience is stupid. Putting the logo on the fucking moon? C’mon now. It didn’t sit well with me.

Peter Berg is a solid director in my opinion too, I think that’s why I was so bummed. I really liked The Kingdom and thought Hancock would measure up. Nope.

As for Wanted. I thought it was well done, and the story was cool. Getting over seeing Mr. Tumnus as a hard core killer took a couple scenes, but the movie worked well I thought.

The first Jeepers Creepers was actually fairly decent. What is it people don’t like about that movie?[/quote]

I agree, I thought it was pretty good.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
pookie wrote:
You need to watch some Uwe Boll movies.

word.[/quote]

hahaha…or let’s just all agree to not watch any more Uwe Boll movies and just assume they’ll suck like all the other ones have.

I don’t get hate for Wanted though. It’s not amazing or anything, but it was an entertaining flick for me. The only thing that annoyed me a little was the guy that played the main character and that’s just because he looks like a dork.

Plus, why start a new thread about this movie now. We talked about this movie at length in another thread when it came out in the theater months ago and then it was discussed again in a different thread when it came out on DVD.

How about I start a new thread to discuss why I thought Meet The Spartans sucked. I’m sure I wouldn’t be late to the party with that discussion.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
pookie wrote:
You need to watch some Uwe Boll movies.

word.

hahaha…or let’s just all agree to not watch any more Uwe Boll movies and just assume they’ll suck like all the other ones have.

I don’t get hate for Wanted though. It’s not amazing or anything, but it was an entertaining flick for me. The only thing that annoyed me a little was the guy that played the main character and that’s just because he looks like a dork.

Plus, why start a new thread about this movie now. We talked about this movie at length in another thread when it came out in the theater months ago and then it was discussed again in a different thread when it came out on DVD.

How about I start a new thread to discuss why I thought Meet The Spartans sucked. I’m sure I wouldn’t be late to the party with that discussion.[/quote]

Gone With the Wind rocks.

Wanted was very entertaining and that’s all it really tried to be. People at my dorm insist on watching step brothers and good God that’s an awful movie.

If Wanted was so bad as to start a thread of it then the movie industry must be in it’s golden… scratch that - platinum age. I saw it in the theater when it came out and it was fine, I really liked it.

The OP’s problem is that he’s judging a flick by how real it is. Who gives a shit. It’s a smash-em up for shits sake.

Meet the Spartans and all the recent flicks that have the word ‘movie’ in the title are made by the same pair of talentless douches(Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer) who deserve nothing more than orgiastic gay sex with Uwe Boll. Eewww, it’s a ball.

pineapple express, now there’s a hilarious movie

The worst movie ever to be released into a theatre was Ultraviolet. Period!

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
The worst movie ever to be released into a theatre was Ultraviolet. Period!

[/quote]

Wanted was worth watching, if a little over-hyped. Some of the action sequences were too over-the-top, but worth watching if you have nothing productive to do. The part that bothered me was how the assassins–who apparently live and breathe and shit this “hands of fate” stuff–were so quick to say “fuck it” to the whole thing when the truth came out.

x2 on Jeepers Creepers part one. I’ve watched it a bunch of times. I also enjoyed Joy Ride, which most people seem to think was gay. Now if someone could just explain to me what the hell is so ungodly hilarious about SUPERBAD. I guess that’s another thread, though.