Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut

[quote]Professor X wrote:
…the guy they got to play Colossus in the X-men movie sequel.[/quote]

Daniel Cudmore - played football on a scholarship. Apparently he’s 6’ 8" and still aggressively works out.

For his height, he’s a big fucker.

It’s been years and years since I read X-Men comics but I think that Kelsey Grammer looks the part, in the face anyway. From the pictures I’ve seen, I was immediately impressed. Have to wait and see how the rest pans out.

[quote]flynniec6 wrote:
It’s been years and years since I read X-Men comics but I think that Kelsey Grammer looks the part, in the face anyway. From the pictures I’ve seen, I was immediately impressed. Have to wait and see how the rest pans out.[/quote]

Apparently, the Blob is rumored to make an appearance as well. This may just be hype though.

Arnold is the only bodybuilder that has transitioned successfully into action movies.

What about the others? The barbarian brothers? Lou Ferrigno? His best role was one in which he didn’t speak.

I think the main reason Arnold is popular is his personality. Sometimes personality can make up for lack of acting ability.

Vinnie Jones isn’t a big guy by any means but he does have personality, a mean streak that may work with the role and then again it may not.
[/quote]

Sean Connery transitioned pretty well

Vinnie Jones bad choice.

Plus that bondage homo gear he has on is not Juggernaut’s costume. Way too gay it up hollywood.

CGI would be a solution or…

Some big bastard as many have mentioned ie: Nathan Jones etc. (Tall and big)

And he doesn’t have to act much to smash down a wall and grimace. I think he can manage a “Arggh, Die puny weaklings!!!” or whatever, I think on take 40 he might get it perfect. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rubber suits just cut down on the ability to suspense belief that is needed for a movie like this to be successful.

But why expect different from an industry that made Dr.Doom have powers, spider man not have webshooters, have bullseye not wear a mask and other faggery!

(Tired ignore grammar and spelling errors.) :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the X-Men but I wasn’t really into the comic books. I didn’t think Juggernaut ever took off his helmet. That his helmet was his source of power or something. I could be way off. I think Vinnie Jones looks okay as Juggernaut. Without the use of CGI it would be hard to make an exact comic book replica. I think they should have used some of the techniques used in the Lord of the Rings movies to make the hobbits look small and the other characters look much bigger. Maybe it wasn’t in the budget.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
If given the choice, I’d rather see a good actor than a big guy who can’t act.

And anyone who thinks a big guy who can’t act can pull off a great movie is wrong. Not even Arnold is an example of this. Every movie he’s made that relies on him being a good actor has BOMBED, or has done pretty poorly.

In the Terminator movies he had to act completely emotionless . . . not too hard.

In all his other movies that did well, he was just being himself and cracking jokes and chewing scenery. That’s what makes him such a fantastic movie star.

I think the best solution would be to just pick a good actor, get him training hard, make him eat lots of food, and then eventually get him on a great steroid cycle. After all, there’s only so much time to prepare for a role.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more. I think X-men should have cast Adrien Brody as Juggernaut. While on that topic, they should have had David Hyde Pierce play Wolverine and Cameron Manheim for Storm.
I don’t agree with the last part of your post though. Lifting weights is overrated.

On second thought, forget everything I just said.

No problem. Your post was pretty stupid.

[quote]human743 wrote:

On second thought, forget everything I just said.[/quote]

Just to keep it going, Nimrod once defeated Juggs even with his helmet in place by attacking his nervous system with weaponry from the future. Didn’t hurt him but knocked him out.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
harris447 wrote:

It was the Ruby of Cyttorak that turned Cain Marko into the Juggernaut.

That is all.

Thank you! I’ve been thinking the same thing this entire thread. (“Yur” a geek LMAO)[/quote]

OMG I’ve been waiting for someone to point this out. Talk about misinformation.

EDIT:Also as far as Hulk’s “stats” he can get larger the madder he gets.

Someone like Batista would have been a good choice. He’s around the 300 mark, about 6’5-6’6, has some charisma, and he’s ripped.

[quote]kroby wrote:
Leafblighter wrote:
What’s up with him walking around without his helmet on? I thought Juggernaut’s helmet was the source of all his powers and basically unremovable? I don’t think he was even a mutant.

Feel free to correct me. My extent of X-men knowledge is derived from a cartoon and a few comic books about 15 years ago. :wink:

Oh boy, Here I go threatening Xen Nova’s Supreme geekness! Juggernaut is a mutant. He wears a metal helmet to keep his brother (Professor X) out of his mind. The prof keeps him calm and non threatening, something he doesn’t particluarly enjoy. The fact that nothing can stop the Juggernaut makes him a mutant. That is, unless he calms down.[/quote]

juggernaut wasn’t a mutant, the source of his powers was magical. and he could be stopped by those with psychic powers (if the helmet was removed), and also by those that could drain power, a la rogue.

He was also smashed dead by the Sphinx, along with Hulk, but that was in an alternate reality.

Actually Vinnie Jones is a fairly decent actor. He actually won an award for best supporting actor a few years ago at the ?New York International Independent Film and Video Festival.?

It was for his performance in a movie called, “Night at the Golden Eagle.”

Back into geekdom…I love Vinnie Jones’s work so having him play Juggernaut seems pretty freakin cool to me. That being said, yes he’s too small, and yes most of the fighters/bb’ers that were brought up were more physically similar to the comic image than Vinnie is. On the other hand what’s the marketability of some of these guys in a crossover endeavour? I think there’s more box office draw to “Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut!” than most of the other guys as he’s more recognizable for the average movie-goer, small market-ish as he may be, than most of the monsters that were listed above.
After going through the thread I’m actually much more exited about the film with a)Juggernaut and b) Vinnie Jones playing Juggernaut than I was before.

Also he is a big star in the UK so having him in the movie will help with promotion over there.

Vinnie Jones can act about as well as my dog, Has anyone seen him in the Mean Machine [burt Reynolds original]remake

totally rubbish.

I say if they had a bodybuilder do it it wouldn’t hurt the film, but would save a good few million, that could be spent on smaller costumes for Famke and Halle :wink:

In my opinion they should have made Juggernaut CGI like they did with the Hulk. There’s just no human on the planet that could do the character justice appearance wise.

They should have used a bodybuilder for the Beast character though. You can’t tell that it’s Kelsey Grammer anyway with all the makeup. Then Grammer could just do the voice over.

Regarding the Omega Red and Psylocke issue you clearly haven’t followed the comics much.

Omega Red is plain scary and has been close to whipping Wolverine’s ass a couple of times.

Psylocke basicly has Jean’s psychic abilities plus she’s trained by the Hand which gives her some nasty ninja skills. Oh, and it looks like they have chosen an asian hottie to play her: Mei Melançon - IMDb

[quote]SirPhisticated wrote:
In my opinion they should have made Juggernaut CGI like they did with the Hulk. There’s just no human on the planet that could do the character justice appearance wise.

They should have used a bodybuilder for the Beast character though. You can’t tell that it’s Kelsey Grammer anyway with all the makeup. Then Grammer could just do the voice over.

Regarding the Omega Red and Psylocke issue you clearly haven’t followed the comics much.

Omega Red is plain scary and has been close to whipping Wolverine’s ass a couple of times.

Psylocke basicly has Jean’s psychic abilities plus she’s trained by the Hand which gives her some nasty ninja skills. Oh, and it looks like they have chosen an asian hottie to play her: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1024868/[/quote]

Actually she was never on par with Jean. First she was a telepath and could move through shadows but she had to give her powers to keep the Shadow King held prisoner,then she become a telekinetic.Jean can do both.

Also Calisto is a little more than a dumbass mutant that no one cares about considering how huge of a roll she’s played over the years. Her presence if they use it right opens up a whole new direction for them to go in the movies.