USP Labs Execs Plead Guilty

That’s the worst part of it. Even without private prisons, the legal system is all about profit anyway. Look how much money all the judges, lawyers, and politicians are making. I don’t know about the US but here in Ontario every year they publish a list of public servants waking over $100k per year and a large percentage of them are cops. In most cases it’s due to working a ton of overtime, what they actually do during that overtime is another question. Obviously we need someone to keep order, but it’s a bit ridiculous to be paying that much. Crime doesn’t pay nearly as much as law enforcement. Just think of how much money we could save if criminals went on strike.

As for the fairness of the legal system, take a look at this recent case in Ottawa:

" Adjust Comment [Print](javascript:window.print():wink:

It was Jan. 16, 2018, and Ottawa police Const. Marcel Allen, coming up on 25 years on the job, was acting on suspicion and impulse when he burst into a family’s east-end home to confront a teen he thought was dealing weed.

Allen flashed his badge and quickly identified himself as a police officer.

Only Allen wasn’t there on police business but rather to confront a teen he thought was dealing marijuana to his own son. Allen had no search warrant and was armed with a large kitchen knife. He wasn’t brandishing it but rather holding its handle, the blade concealed in a bag.

In a joint position by his defence lawyer Bruce Engel and assistant Crown attorney Janet O’Brien, Allen was sentenced to a conditional discharge in exchange for a guilty plea to unlawful entry. This means the police officer will be spared a criminal record if he doesn’t break the law in the next 12 months.

Allen remains on the force and is no longer suspended with pay."

Yes, the guy is black but I don’t think that makes any difference in this case. If anyone else did that they would be serving a penitentiary sentence, previous convictions or not. A few years ago they passed some laws so that for home invasions it’s a minimum of something like 3 or 5 years, this guy won’t spend a single night in jail because he’s a cop.

EDIT: Don’t ask me what that smiley face is about, I didn’t put it there.

It’s the code. You do not arrest or persecute your fellow police.

It is great that we have higher standards in our countries compared to places like India or even phillipines. Over there you better be ready to bribe a cop so they can feed their family. You literally get pulled over because he wants to make money not uphold the law.

I wonder what would happen if everything was perfect. Form politics to law enforcement and etc.

Half of us would be lost without much to do. What would be the focus… yah it won’t ever happen.

Not what I expected when I clicked on this thread.

Has anyone ever actually won a forum argument? And if so did they feel better?

3 Likes

Vatican don’t like the masses on smart drugs.