TV Show Last Man Standing

This was on BBC THREE last night at 9pm. 6 Western guys travel the world to compete against remote tribes at their own extreme combat sports. Great program. Last night was Kalapo wrestling. One of the 6 guys was a 240lb strongman - the tribe thought he was a god and rubbed his sweat on themselves to be blessed with his power. It was good to see how natural it was for them to appreciate physical process - that’s something we’ve lost slightly in modern culture.

You guys would all like this program. Make sure to watch the next episode next week.

[quote]wsk wrote:
This was on BBC THREE last night at 9pm. 6 Western guys travel the world to compete against remote tribes at their own extreme combat sports. Great program. Last night was Kalapo wrestling. One of the 6 guys was a 240lb strongman - the tribe thought he was a god and rubbed his sweat on themselves to be blessed with his power. It was good to see how natural it was for them to appreciate physical process - that’s something we’ve lost slightly in modern culture.

You guys would all like this program. Make sure to watch the next episode next week.[/quote]

Seconded. AWESOME program.

That dude was pretty yolked too, I thought he would over power his opponent but was robbed when his first opponent cheated and the other seperated only giving him the draw.

I only caught the end last night but will definately tune in to the full program next week.

I will try catch a repeat during the week.

Goddamit, I missed it.

Saw it advertised earlier in the week but completely forgot about it. Looked great.

Is it gonna be repeated???

[quote]CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
Goddamit, I missed it.

Saw it advertised earlier in the week but completely forgot about it. Looked great.

Is it gonna be repeated???[/quote]

Its on BBC3 tonight at 23:35 after Rambo 3 and F*** Off I’m a hairy woman.

[quote]Ph03nix wrote:
CELTIC-DEVIL wrote:
Goddamit, I missed it.

Is it gonna be repeated???

Its on BBC3 tonight at 23:35 after Rambo 3 and F*** Off I’m a hairy woman.

[/quote]

cool I missed it I will watch it tonight. one thing about this country, EVERYTHING gets repeated. often. sometimes several times in one day.

the tribes would probably worship a really, really fat guy too.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

the tribes would probably worship a really, really fat guy too.[/quote]

A fair few of the tribe were really really fat, I think this guy was respected more because of his muscular build.

I hear ya on the repeats, especially on freeview channels. I kinda like it because I often miss things first time round as they show them at peak hours when I’m doing other things. I like the late night repeats :slight_smile:

Check it out tonight… well worth it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastmanstanding/index.shtml

Website for the show.

I dont have BBC 3. Any other way i can catch it?

you can probably download it on a torrent I’d guess ???

I am watching it now, it is interesting, there is no way they could compete against the wrestlers who probably have been doing it all their life since kids as part of their culture. Unless they were wrestlers as well.

Tribes are so crazy. Nice to see them using poison to poison the river and kill all the fish so they can eat them. I guess nothing changes much. Pretty damned effective though now the fish are jumping out of the poisoned river into the nets.

Now they are raking piranha teeth over their bodies to cut them and make them bleed - nice! The tribe thinks you gain strength by bleeding … wtf? what is it with human culture and the desire to bleed?

haha man they don’t look happy at the prospect of getting cut up with piranha teeth. hahaha now they are rubbing salt on their cuts hahahha this show is a cack