Turning 30 - thinking about hopping on mild gear for ever

What I and others are getting at is this.

You put your health at RISK when you abuse anabolic medicine. You do not improve your health by abusing medicine.

Putting your health at risk when you are ALREADY in poor metabolic health is compounding unhealthy factors. Deciding you are going to try to get healthier while you are engaging in 2 unhealthy behaviors (being in an unhealthy state AND abusing medicine) is putting you in exponentially greater risk compare to if you decide to engage in one healthy behavior while starting from a healthy state.

It’s not about getting the diet sorted out to see if you’re dedicated: it’s about not dying.

3 Likes

Training and diet are paramount here. If they are not in check no amount of drugs is going to make a difference. From what you posted you have 0 reason to use gear.

4 Likes

How tall are you?

so many people who really don’t need to are risking this with PEDs nowadays. For what? some internet clout via the “like” buttons? Unless one is truly competing at top levels there is almost no reason to start on something that will have to continue for life.

The risk/reward ratio is terrible.

3 Likes

Light gear… so basically your just wanting to put just the tip in?

A little dark side lite?
The way it reads, your not technically for certain of having low T levels in the first place?

Pretty much…

I want to take a different approach to this thread. I want to better understand what power the OP has.

These are good numbers. Are these raw numbers or with support gear?

Let’s get deeper into these numbers. I am going to assume that a man this strong at 265lbs is not 35% body fat. So, I will use 30% body fat for my calculations.

A 265lb man with 30% body fat has 79.5lbs of fat, and thus a lean body weight of 185lbs.

I believe that about 15% body fat is a sweet spot for getting stronger and still have a very nice looking physique. So I will be calculating what 185lb lean muscle would weigh if they were 15% body fat. (I will assume that the lean muscle does not change from 185.5lbs, which we know isn’t likely.)

The formula for calculating this is:

185.5lbs + 0.15(185.5lbs + x) = 185.5lbs + x
(Which is lean weight plus fat weight equals total body weight.)

Solving for x equals 32.7lbs of fat weight. Add this to the lean weight:
A 15% body fat person with 185lbs of lean weight weighs 218.2lbs.

A 1690lb total in the 220lb Class is very respectable, especially if raw.

My question: Are you competing in powerlifting?

4 Likes

Why? Should I take Tren, Winstrol, Halo, and other stuff? Go balls to the walls and mess up? I see a lot of people doing mild dosages and being completely fine with it. I don’t get it. Being reasonable with steroids is the best way to go if I want to get stronger while getting a bit leaner and older.

@s.gentz

Don’t know anyone that isn’t consistent and hitting my numbers, and having this amount of muscle mass. Granted, my muscle mass is much higher because of my high body fat as well, but still.

Again, I am not a beginner or intermediate. I am stronger than 99.9% of gym-goers/hobby powerlifters and probably more dedicated. Sorry for being so arrogant, but it seems that people don’t see this, just the bf.

I train 3-6 times a week. With around 6-8hrs a week and eat a lot. Yes, it is not completely clean, but I’m hitting my needed macros.

@cyclonengineer

I don’t really post a lot on social media. I post randomly every 2-4 months if I feel like it. I mostly just have friends and family on there. I just like being strong and I like powerlifting.

Raw numbers, just sleeves and a 10mm lever belt.
I did compete in powerlifting and was german champion as a junior. I’m planing on doing it again. Let me get back to you a bit later, because I need to go.

3 Likes

Then don’t go on gear - just get strong and compete in tested powerlifting meets until you can’t achieve anymore without gear. Then reevaluate the decision.
You have a long way to go before you get to that decision point based on the numbers you posted.

Your only 30… allot of natty PL guys dont peak
Until mids 30s in allot of cases strength wise.

1 Like

This is a weird thread, the dude is close to 30 and clearly pretty dedicated to strength training, I get the harm reduction aspect of the posts, but he seems like he’s made up his mind, yea for sure lose some BF (maybe throw up a pic for us as well OP), but one thing that really strikes me is that the proposed dose is borderline TRT and that would be pointless unless there is a medical need. Also BPC are there injuries to address?

If you want to use PEDs for the rest of your life, well you’re a grown man, and internet strangers are unlikely to change your mind (it’ll probably get old eventually and you’ll have diminishing returns which will necessitate more substances and higher doses). My main
thoughts here thought would be you’re likely to have better results blasting and cruising and ignoring the peptides (and leaning out obviously).

4 Likes

IMO, the answer is very simple.

1. Slowing phase out the “junk” food, or at least decrease it significantly. Try to slowly drop to the 110kg Class. And eventually the 100kg Class. Strong and look very good.
  2. Then make a choice. Either stay clean and compete in a federation that is tested for drug free, or load up and go all in with AAS.

Now before you go bonkers on PEDs, you must weigh the risk against the reward. You could very well shorten your life span going all in with AAS. You must ask yourself: Is it worth it?

If I were you, I would try competing in the tested federation meets. You have really nice numbers raw and no AAS.

2 Likes

THIS is what is drawing the “get healthy” first response from me. So many dudes looking to get on exogenous testosterone could just as easily get the benefits simply by eating right, managing stress, sleeping well, engaging in some walking, etc. Manipulating the endocrine system should be a LAST resort: not the first.

I say this AS a guy who must be on a medicine for the rest of my life. Am I thankful that there is a treatment for my disorder that allows me to live a wonderful fulfilling life? Absolutely. Would I MUCH rather not have to be on that medicine? 100%. But when it came time for it, I had already had all the other factors controlled for. This was the answer for that situation.

4 Likes

Yep…

Slightly over that is needed to treat low test levels.

Not enough for significant performance increase much beyond a healthy Test level

But enough to cause some side effects like E2 increase and a few other changes in blood work.

2 Likes

This is why I can never really bring myself to respond to these, although I’m glad folks do; it provides a different perspective for other people just reading.

6 Likes

It seems people attitudes toward TRT has gotten casual. As if its no different than using whey protein. Which is just weird
( or is it just me) Even TRT level of Test C can cause issues depending on a person sensitivity to it.

5 Likes

This is not health advice

Was in same boat as OP started TRT best decision of my life - don’t listen to these people OP. Start your doses then lose the weight doing anything else makes no sense if you’re going to do it anyway.

I’m past my first year and strength is up, recovery is up, mental state is up, bf is down, joints are doing good and all levels are consistent with pre-TRT. Meaning my health has only improved.

I started with the exact stack you mentioned pinning once a week. I soon realized that’s a bad move and causes estro related side effects for me such as water ret and edema. This was due to the intense peaking of the high dose and then the crash before the following dose while using without AI. which for me was solved when I switched to subcutaneous pinning 3-4x week with smaller needles best decision since I started.

Ideally you want to pin in a way that mimics your bodies own production not sporadic boosts. Best case scenario is daily pinning but that won’t work for me as I will miss a dose some days.

Few things:

1. Go with 150 test C split 3 pins 26g 5/8 needle then work up to 200 after 8-12 weeks once you get your blood thickness rechecked. If you need a phleb I would not increase dosage personally.
  2. Gonad does absolutely nothing you need HcG which you will probably have to self mix with Bac water
  3. If you want a peptide worth using go with tesa or ipa not bpc157 it’s useless unless you have gut issues to heal
  4. Don’t be afraid to trial different methods after 8-12 weeks. When I started I did quad or delt IM, but I got deep into the research after my results showed resistance to treatment. So I decided to wait 12 weeks and move to subQ and my levels shot up.
  5. If you chose to do adex split your 1mg pills in half and take .5 twice week separated by 2-3 days - if you still have issues split it again to .25 then try it every 2-3 days. Hardest part of being on TRT or Cycle is the AI dosing if you need one. Otherwise if you’re not e2 sensitive don’t use it unless you noticed the boners are gone, tender nips, or other symptoms like edema.

Do note, if you want to have kids save the sperm now and save for IVF just incase. Also keep some clomid on hand. HcG should keep your boys from entirely shrinking for 1-2 years but you will end up with peach pits for balls 100% if this bothers you don’t dose.

On cycle you will need NAC and a general liver care supplement + lots of water. To keep the blood thinner and prevent clotting.

I can’t think of anything else to tell you - oh if you’re living in Germany I’m not sure of how it is there but I believe you can fly to Serbia or Bosnia and just go order without a script there. Also Asian countries such as Vietnam.

Also, I tried going through a few provider but I quickly noticed they tend to rotate suppliers based on profits so your carrier oils and quality will change all the time. So I switched to a quality UGL and self treat for a fraction of the cost and use the extra money for frequent labs.

Sorry it’s long winded, but hope this helps.

1 Like

You get most arent against the OP using TRT if hes got low T in the first place correct?

I’m not picking apart your post, and appreciate your insights, just wanted to drop some additional context on this. NAC is interesting: there are actually a couple studies showing supplementation significantly raising hematocrit (and it is used in event of acetaminophen overdose). I’m certainly not an expert, and it does have other benefits, just throwing that out as folks will need to make decisions to target their own health markers.

1 Like