TRT 1 Year Update

Thanks for tagging the ones who may know this. I know high pull knows this

My wife is with Defy. I could not be happier.
She is on a T and E/P creams.
Do you have your wifes bloods? Are you planning to try and do this without a HRT doctor?
What are you two trying to do? What is your wifes symptoms? Sorry if its written above somewhere to lazy to go scanning such a big thread.

@hrdlvn
Wife is obese. 43. Pre meno.

We went for consult and got the info above on what she needs. So we were going to self administer.

OK just know I am no expert here and this is my best guess looking at her bloods. Her thyroid is fine. A 3.1 T3 is just about Fing perfect in a man. Is she already on thyroid meds? If so I would not up the dose.
Her TT/FT and P is low. Also ferritin and B12. She is not in meno yet I would leave the Eā€™s alone.
If you have T cyp try 10mg/wk for 5-6 weeks and see how she feels. This will naturally raise her Eā€™s
I would try to get B12 shots but if you canā€™t do supplements. They are not very effective but better than nothing.
I would not do anything else except look at diet and exersize. Make to many changes and you would not know which one did what. Donā€™t over do diet or exersize. This is a marathon not a sprint. Try cutting out omega 6ā€™s and adding omega 3. Like no corn oil in food or to cook with sub with olive or coconut. Supplements/ Fish oil, K2, D3, CoQ10.
I hope some of these ideas help. Best of luck.

EDIT: Donā€™t over do the T or you could end up with the wicked witch from the West.

How do you know B12 low? It was not in lab.
Last check it was ok. She takes the sublingual form already.

Also u suggest no prog cream?

And yes she is on 30 mg armour.

Thank you. I appreciate this

I am sorry it was D good catch.

I would suggest adding P once her TT/FT is up stable and where she feels good. Trust me you both will know. My wife is happy with a TT of 200. wait Ill try to find an post her last bloods. She has been dialed in for over 2 years.

Then add start experimenting with P. Too much T she will get mean too much P she will get violent.
These numbers are just what works for my wife they are NOT what every woman needs but it is a look at one womans bloods who feels HRT has changed her life for the better.

Gin-Sept2018

1 Like

Ok. Thx actually she is getting her 3rd injection tomorrow. Alreasyv started 3 weeks ago before because t was measured low B4. Started shots right after lab u see above.

No big changes she did have a burst of energy after shot though. I was also only doing 8 mg.

I wonder if women get a honeymoon period like men when we get super horny for a few weeks?
Remember if you are using T cyp it take 40 days to reach steady state and that would be double what you are injecting weekly in her blood. I wish you both all the best.

1 Like

Progesterone is usually in a capsule, much cheaper than a cream, as long as it is micronized. Pretty sure Neal likes to keep progesterone optimal through the month.

My wife takes testosterone cream, estradiol cream, T3/T4 combo (compounded), progesterone capsule and DHEA capsule. Itā€™s $240 and month, includes all follow up labs.

My wife takes progesterone from day 12-28 of her cycle, cytomel daily and 7.5mg x 2 per week Testosterone. She started test with the cream and had worked up to 3 clicks a day before she started feeling better, but she found the creams too inconvenient. She was injecting Ipamorelin every day, but didnā€™t see much benefit from it to justify the $175 per vial cost, so she dropped it. Since she was already used to self injecting that, she decided that test injections would be way more convenient than the cream and she already had plenty of needles.

My wife is also with Defy and has seen leaps and bounds of improvement since starting her optimization, but the big difference here is that she hits the weights as hard as I do.

I think that your wife would do very well by eating very clean for about 3 months, and then start gradually working into exercise routines. Take it from someone who has been on that side of the spectrum brother, unless she can commit to a lifestyle change, hormone therapy will be a very short lived band aid.

I see many people like on the initial post that have slightly elevated prolactine just like me. Some on TRT, some not. Why cannot be found some reason explaining that?

Pregnenolone I see has capsules on Amazon but only cream for progesterone.

I know that pregnenolone converts either to dhea or progesterone.

Do you mean pregnenolone caps?

My wifeā€™s progesterone is in pill form as well.

I agree :100:. The past year she end up getting an injury that stops her from exercising. She fell and twisted her ankle. Then before that she starts and her knee hurts.

She is looking for something to help her lose weight so she can get motivated to do it or so that her joints feel better to start exercising if some weight comes off.

Her diet is all f up. She eats mostly home food that she makes for the family. But I see her eating sweets many times of the week.

Itā€™s hard. Ive done my share of taking to herā€¦even telling her how it affects the entire family. And my sex life. The kids are bugging her too. Hopefully it clicksā€¦

One thing that has worked well for a lot of people in her predicament has been to do keto for a few months. I wouldnā€™t recommend it as a lifestyle, but itā€™s a great way to get things moving and kickstart her progress.

Once things are healed up she can slowly start introducing good carbohydrates back in to the diet along with exercise.

With defy do you pay upfront or monthly depending on consultations?

So if after 3 months you no longer what their services. You can cease payment?

I hear you brother and I sincerely feel for you. The thing is, until SHE makes up her mind that she wants to change, youā€™re just making your situation worse by bringing it up. You are :100: correct in your concerns, and she knows what you are saying Iā€™ll bet, but it just hasnā€™t Hit her hard enough to be an eye opening experience for her yet.

I really feel bad when I hear about people destroying themselves. I was one of those people for some time and I didnā€™t see it. It wasnā€™t until I finally got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired that I decided to make a change. Once I did, small amounts of progress here and there kept me motivated, and still does to this day.

Eating shit is an addiction for some people. In her case, she just need to find a reason to trade one addiction (eating badly) for another watching her body transform through good choices).

With Defy, you pay for what you use, all up front.

So initially, you pay for your blood work and consultation. Then you pay for your meds and they send them to you. From there you just pay for meds when you need them and follow up lab work as needed. Itā€™s not a monthly fee.

You donā€™t have any contracts so you can stop anytime you like, and your records are yours.

If you decide to give them a call, I would recommend her doing her consults with Janelle. Thereā€™s something about a woman taking advice from another woman that just works for some reason, and I can vouch for her as far as how she has handled my wifeā€™s therapy so far. Couldnā€™t be more pleased.

1 Like

Usually my wife likes when am with her on all medical visits. With all the crap I know about hormones not sure if itā€™s beneficial for me to do the Virtual visits with her?? If she goes this route. Though I like the idea of a diet like Keto and then see what she can accomplish.

She really does not mind me asking questions on her behalf.