Touch Rim / 2 Feet Not 1?

Hey guys, I am 17, 210lbs
I play football d line.

Why can I touch the rim with 2 feet under the rim but I cant touch it while running and jump with 1 feet?

Normally people can touch the rim while running no?

Or is it normal? My vertical jump is 28"

I guess because having two legs to propel you off the ground will propel you further than just one.

Whats medium size? like, 2-3 inches?

Lol … i mean not too big not too small.

But most ppl i see jump super high and dunk with 1 leg and they run before jumping i dont know how to say it my english isnt that good

your reactive strength is bad…

[quote]rZ_ wrote:
But most ppl i see jump super high and dunk with 1 leg and they run before jumping i dont know how to say it my english isnt that good[/quote]

Thats probably cause they always dunk like that. Keep trying to touch rim by getting a running start and jumping off one leg and you’ll probably eventually reach it.

[quote]rZ_ wrote:
Hey guys, I am 17, 210lbs
I play football d line.

Why can I touch the rim with 2 feet under the rim but I cant touch it while running and jump with 1 feet?

Normally people can touch the rim while running no?

Or is it normal? My vertical jump is 28"
[/quote]

if you can touch the rim with 2 feet without a running start, but cannot touch the rim off one foot with a running start, your reactive stregnth is horrible. Are you very tall? If not, you probably have great leg strength and just need to work on some plyometrics.

Hey, thanks for reply, I am 6 feet, but my arms are very short, shorter than a lot of ppl like 5"9 ppl.

How do I train reactive strenght?? I never heard of that, anyone got link??

I am a two-foot jumper to the core. I can do many dunks off two feet. But I do need to take a small run, at least a few steps.

Off of one foot, I cannot jump nearly as high. I can do a regular 1-handed dunk, and thats the limit of it.

I alwasy just figured I was a two-footed jumper, and thats just how it works.

You can touch the rim with both of your feet? That is phenomenal!

I had a couple friends who thought they were one-foot jumpers. Once I taught them how to time the run-up and hop for the two foot jump, and after a bit of practice, they were jumping higher (but not much higher) from two feet.

I have the same problem. I’m 5’9" 180 and can hang on the rim if I jump off two feet but I can barely skim it when I jump off one foot.

I’m 5’8", 195ish, and can touch the rim jumping two-footed (no run up)…and can jump exactly the same height with a one-leg jump (with run up). Pisses me off.

After a few minutes of thinking about it here’s what my conclusion is.

When you jump from a standing squat position under the rim chances are you squat much further down and use lots of arm swing so momentum and a deeper depth jump is on your side. When you have a running start and come off one leg you’re only squatting a few inches so there’s maybe only 25% as much power behind your jump. This is just commonsense and the best way to fix it is explosive exercises. The best thing would probably be squat jumps with a heavy medicine ball and similar type training.

You are a football player and a d lineman at that. Why are you worried about touching a bball rim? Unless you are practicing for the slam dunk through the field goal posts on a fumble recovery returned for a TD! LOL

I’m the exact opposite. I can dunk when jumping off of one foot, but can barely grab the rim when jumping off of two. I have very bad strength numbers, so I would assume you are the opposite. Man I’m smart.