Time to Start a Log

– Saturday 23rd May –

Since I’m not going to be able to train during the weekend, or bank holiday, I did back + chest today. I’m actually going to train those twice this week I think, but if I don’t, no big deal, I’m still training them no less than usual.

Thinking of trying a split training the same bodypart 2x a week. I feel that would work better for me, since I recover fast enough.

Still don’t have my iPhone, but I bought a bunch of books to log shit down in, so I can only list the exercises today, and if I can rememnber weights, well, then I’ll put them down.

Oh yeah, and I ramped all my sets today for the first time, making it harder to remember exact weights, lol.

Chest

Bench Press :: 3 x 8, 1 x 6
Incline DB Press :: 4 x 8
Chest Press :: 3 x 12

Back

Deadlift

deadlifts were awesome today, I kept my form a lot better than usual

1 x 8 :: 60kg
1 x 8 :: 80kg
1 x 8 :: 100kg
1 x 8 :: 120kg

all double overhand grip too, didn’t need to switch to mixed

BB Rows, Lat Pulldown, Vertical Row (machine)

didn’t feel like training my arms (much, I did do about 6 sets for each bis and tris), I had no energy, I put it down to not having breakfast, since I woke up late and went almost immediately to the gym (had a couple protein shakes before I left, and a litre of chocolate milk during, but that was it)

– Tuesday 26th May –

Couldn’t write stuff down today, so I’m going by what I remember

Shoulders

Seated DB Overhead Press

1 x 15 :: 14kg // warmup
1 x 10 :: 22kg
1 x 10 :: 26kg
1 x 5 :: 32kg

Shrugs

1 x 10 :: 60kg // warmup
1 x 8 :: 80kg
1 x 8 :: 100kg
1 x 7 :: 120kg

grip went at about 4 reps into the last set, so I had to re-adjust a few times to try and get the extra 4 I needed, tried for the 8th but couldn’t quite manage it

Shoulder Press (machine)

palms facing

1 x 10 :: 40kg // warmup
1 x 10 :: 60kg
1 x 10 :: 80kg
1 x 6 :: 100kg

I think I sort of prefer doing the same weight for all sets on this. I don’t know, but if I go too low it doesn’t feel hard at all, and a little bit over what I usually do for same-weight sets and it’s too hard.

Lateral raises

1 x 12 :: 6kg // warmup - sort of I guess
1 x 10 :: 10kg
1 x 10 :: 12kg7

==================

Those Branch videos I saw on the BB forum the yesterday really hyped me up to cut down the rest times and just lift. I sort of like ramping for most exercises, I just find it harder to tell whether or not you’re progressing.

– Monday 22nd June –

Deadlift

warmups

180kg / 397lbs
185kg / 408lbs

w/ straps, using the blue plates (slightly bigger - bar about a 3rd of the way up my lower leg)

now I have just over a month to add a plate to each side to reach my goal