Time to Get Back at This

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
I’d also ask a few girls whose opinions you respect what they think you should do (bulk or cut)
-dizzle[/quote]

What the fuck?

I would completely ignore this advice if I were you. YOU decide what you want to look like, what your goals are, and then do it.

Hey!

I am also in a cutting phase now. Before I started, I looked something like you!

Do what YOU feel you have to do, the rest does not matter.

Cutting is a bitch, but if you can´t look into the mirror without disliking what you see, you got to do it someday.

I just want to wish you all the best for any decision YOU make!

Greets Arthur

[quote]CJK wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
I’d also ask a few girls whose opinions you respect what they think you should do (bulk or cut)
-dizzle

What the fuck?

I would completely ignore this advice if I were you. YOU decide what you want to look like, what your goals are, and then do it. [/quote]

Read the rest of my post, I gave several suggestions, that was one of many. In fact, I said it ultimately comes down to what HE wants to do.

-dizzle

I’ve always wanted to be huge, I want people to look at me in a little bit of awe and a little bit of fear. I am so damn fat-phobic from the past 20 years of my life that the idea of putting on weight is scary, but then again I can always just drop 20 pounds in 28 days if I ever need to.

Leaving for the first workout now, lets see how this thing goes.

[quote]klochinator wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

Also, I believe your lifts. Maybe not the bench, but the DL and squat don’t seem like a far cry from what your body looks like it could accomplish.

-dizzle

How can you believe his dead and squat if you can’t see his legs?-sure his back looks as though it could support the claimed weight, but hamstrings play a much larger role in the deadlift than the back.[/quote]

I can believe it because the numbers aren’t very impressive. I’ve seen college kids lift that much weight their first time out. I personally worked my way up to a 365 2-rep DL (from 275) and 305 2-rep Squat (from 225) in 5 months. It’s not that hard to attain DL and squat numbers like that.

The bench seems a little high for his chest development, but you never know.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
klochinator wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

Also, I believe your lifts. Maybe not the bench, but the DL and squat don’t seem like a far cry from what your body looks like it could accomplish.

-dizzle

How can you believe his dead and squat if you can’t see his legs?-sure his back looks as though it could support the claimed weight, but hamstrings play a much larger role in the deadlift than the back.

I can believe it because the numbers aren’t very impressive. I’ve seen college kids lift that much weight their first time out. I personally worked my way up to a 365 2-rep DL (from 275) and 305 2-rep Squat (from 225) in 5 months. It’s not that hard to attain DL and squat numbers like that.

-dizzle[/quote]

Sure the numbers aren’t very impressive, but on a 1500-1800 cal diet?-I started to incorporate deads in my training during the spring of senior year of highschool, and I went from 315x2 to 405x4 in roughly 6 months. but i was also consuming three times the amount of calories than this guy. that’s why I can’t help but be suspicious of the accuracy of the claimed lifts. and let’s be honest, this guy doesn’t look like he has the best genetics than God could offer.

but like i said earlier, i don’t really care how much weight he can lift, the point is to me he doesn’t look like he can. earlier he claimed that he just cared about how he looks, not numbers. and IMO he looks like shit, and ‘cutting’ would only set him further back in his goals.

A-Dizz wrote:
klochinator wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

-dizzle

How can you believe his dead and squat if you can’t see his legs?-sure his back looks as though it could support the claimed weight, but hamstrings play a much larger role in the deadlift than the back.

-dizzle

Sure the numbers aren’t very impressive, but on a 1500-1800 cal diet?-I started to incorporate deads in my training during the spring of senior year of highschool, and I went from 315x2 to 405x4 in roughly 6 months. but i was also consuming three times the amount of calories than this guy. that’s why I can’t help but be suspicious of the accuracy of the claimed lifts. and let’s be honest, this guy doesn’t look like he has the best genetics than God could offer.

but like i said earlier, i don’t really care how much weight he can lift, the point is to me he doesn’t look like he can. earlier he claimed that he just cared about how he looks, not numbers. and IMO he looks like shit, and ‘cutting’ would only set him further back in his goals.[/quote]

Oh I assumed that he didn’t reach these maxes on the V-Diet. I’m pretty sure he was following the Waterbury protocols for that, and not even trying for max lifts.

You are right about the “looking the part” thing, though. Regardless if his DL is that of Andy Bolton or of a 12 year-old girl, his concern doesn’t really lay there. He wants to look good.

I’d personally suggest a good long clean bulk. I also agree that a cut would probably set him back, since there’s not much to cut to. He has already made up his mind though, so now we can just sit back and (hopefully) watch the progress to come.

-dizzle

Dizz is correct on that, I those maxes didn’t come while eating those calories as I would probably keel over and die.

Back from the workout, I made these numbers up as well since I like to boost my internet ego.

Group 1
A1. Flat DB Bench 70 lbs x 10
rest 0
A2. 1 Arm DB Row, 60 lbs x 10
rest 90 seconds, repeat A1 for a total of 4 circuits

B Cable Squat, quad dominant (kinda like hack squat machine but cables if that makes any sense) ass to ankles
180 lbs 4 x 10
rest 90 seconds

Group 2
A1. Push Press 105 lbs x 5. First time I’ve done these, some of them felt easy with the little leg boosts and others I felt weren’t in sync. I think this one can be done a lot better.
rest 0 secs
A2. Wide Grip Pull Up x 5
rest 90 secs, repeat A1 for a total of 5 circuits

B Deadlifts 225 lbs x 5 (4th set, got 4 and then had to drop it and get the last one, went to 205 for the last set)

Pre-workout
Half serving of Surge
5g Creatine
15g BCAA
5g Beta-Alanine
1 Serving Power Drive

Peri-workout
12g BCAA

Post-workout
Half serving of Surge
5g Creatine
15g BCAA
5g Beta-Alanine

I live about 15-20 minute walk from the gym so I always know when I have a good lowerbody workout when the walk home feels like a chore in its own right.

I’m beat right now and I get to do it again tomorrow =]

[quote]kazuma wrote:
Dude, your thread is godsend for me.

I have almost the same exact bodyshape you have. I have been confused lately because I’ve been dieting (basically starved myself, the genius that I am)

Just now, about 20 mins ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and knew I did it all wrong. I should be eating and trying to put on muscle, not starving myself. NO wonder I still look pudgy like you after so long! And little muscle!

I will now eat and lift. And not starve myself. I needto build muscle.

Thanks T-Nation. Help this guy out because it would be abig help for me to read all the advice here.[/quote]

Perhaps some sort of competition is in order?

[quote]actionjeff wrote:

enjoy loading up on that meat and fish. From personal experience, I’d be careful and eat really clean and slowely up the intensity of workouts to start, I kind of shocked my body into gaining some fat back by badly beating it up while increasing my intake too much

[/quote]

I’m gonna try this the first week. Eat around 3300 calories workout days and 3000 on off days and see how that goes from the original 175 mark.

This eating a lot of food is fucking delicious.

[quote]arthur_tall wrote:
Hey!

I am also in a cutting phase now. Before I started, I looked something like you!

Do what YOU feel you have to do, the rest does not matter.

Cutting is a bitch, but if you can´t look into the mirror without disliking what you see, you got to do it someday.

I just want to wish you all the best for any decision YOU make!

Greets Arthur[/quote]

Thanks for the support, I know I need to put on muscle, I just wanted to lean out before I did it. But if I lean out into nothing, then what’s the point?

[quote]Higgins wrote:
I’m gonna try this the first week. Eat around 3300 calories workout days and 3000 on off days and see how that goes from the original 175 mark.

This eating a lot of food is fucking delicious.[/quote]

3000 is a good start. see how your body feels after a week of that and adjust as your body tells you to.

and if you’re going to be a whiny bitch about me challenging your numbers then post videos so you can humble me. if you’re not going to post videos, stop making pretentious passive aggressive side comments.

good start.

I just think its absurd to think that I would claim a 240 pound bench. If I was claiming numbers that I could be proud of then I would understand but a 240 pound bench is pathetic anyway. I have no reason nor want to fake any numbers so I seem more “macho” on the internet

I’ll tan a little bit when the sun actually decides to come out from the rain and take better pictures so maybe the definition can be seen, my chest isn’t as small as the picture and paleness makes it seem. I’ll also get a video of it in the gym if I can get someone to take it and someone else to spot me, no guarantees.

Also what good is a weak kid without passive aggressive comments?

3000 cals/day is a good start for sure, especially coming off a hypercaloric diet. Did you work your way up to 3000 or just jump right into eating 3000? If you didn’t work your way up, I’m sure you know the possible consequences.

Anyway, 3000 should most likely be around maintenance for someone your weight, age, and activity level. Try it out for a while, but you’ll most likely wind up needing to increase your daily intake to above 3500.

Good Luck.

-dizzle

I’ll be loading up to it these next couple days, I really am not scared of jumping into it this quickly, I’ll just keep watching the scale, I’ve shit 4 times already today so I’d say the metabolism is running. Its hard without olive oil/nuts/cheese or other high caloric dense foods to get it all in so I decided to wait a few days before I go to buy them and that should give me the window to ease into it a bit.

So much easier to take in calories when eating Taco Bell and Wendys everyday =[

Thanks dizz, but luck has nothing to do with it as Shugs (and I believe you) have said. I’m going to bust my ass to get my body up to par.

One thing of note is I finally can start to see the veins in my arms poking out a little bit in some places which is something I’ve never had.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
klochinator wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

-dizzle

-dizzle[/quote]

me too on the deadlift =) from the first time I did them to maybe 4-5 months and 365. I was trying to lose weight all those months and dieting hard 2.5-3 of them.

It isn’t implausible at all, with beginner gains and very hard work. Dunno much about bench pressing or powerlifting squats though, but it’s his log. Why someone would come to troll a log and trash someone for their physique perplexes me, this isn’t the rate my physique forum. He could say he benchred 4 plates raw if he wanted, what’s the difference?

Higgins,

RAAAAAAAAR GET HUUGE

Blah Blah… Boring. Get a life people.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
I just think its absurd to think that I would claim a 240 pound bench. If I was claiming numbers that I could be proud of then I would understand but a 240 pound bench is pathetic anyway. I have no reason nor want to fake any numbers so I seem more “macho” on the internet

I’ll tan a little bit when the sun actually decides to come out from the rain and take better pictures so maybe the definition can be seen, my chest isn’t as small as the picture and paleness makes it seem. I’ll also get a video of it in the gym if I can get someone to take it and someone else to spot me, no guarantees.

Also what good is a weak kid without passive aggressive comments?[/quote]

a 240 bench implies a developed chest. from your pictures, I see no developed chest. as i said before, I don’t care if you can bench it or not, you don’t look like you can and that’s what I thought mattered most to you. not going to say it again.

it looks like you’re stepping in the right direction and taking this seriously with your new diet. personally, I would cut back on the beta-alanine as well as the HOT-ROX until I’d plateau. best of luck.

it looks like you’re stepping in the right direction and taking this seriously with your new diet. personally, I would cut back on the beta-alanine as well as the HOT-ROX until I’d plateau. best of luck.[/quote]

I’ve actually been wondering this and will take your advice on the beta alanaine and HOT-ROX.

I’m sore as fuck right now.

Diet from yesterday (not counting calories until needed)

Meal 1
Large amounts of Chicken Cobb salad (Chicken, Egg, and veggies)

Meal 2

8 oz Ribeye Steak
Can of Green Beans

Meal 3
Metabolic Drive
1 1/2 Servings Flax SEeds

Meal 4
11 oz Chicken
4 Omega 3 Eggs
1 Mediium Portabella

Meal 5
Metabolic Drive

[quote]Higgins wrote:
klochinator wrote:
it looks like you’re stepping in the right direction and taking this seriously with your new diet. personally, I would cut back on the beta-alanine as well as the HOT-ROX until I’d plateau. best of luck.
[/quote]

I jumped on Beta-7 when my compounds came to a 3 month plateau and since I’ve been wrecking PR’s. Save that stuff for when you need it, not when you’re starting out. I’m sure other guys would agree.

Glad to see you’re willing to make some changes. good luck.