Thyroid Levels

just got my results my tsh is good as well as my t3,but my free t4 is low,doc say it does not matter but i am gaining alot of weight,anyone have any thoughts

Since the subject has come up about the thyroid I would like to ask a few questions to all the fellow lifers on this forum that may have experienced this problem.

For quite some time I have had great difficulty swallowing food and have several close calls where I thought I would die. The doctor finally ordered some tests to be done and the results show that my thyroid has ballooned up and is pushing into my esophagus thereby crimping it off to some degree. I have a lot of pressure in my neck and it’s very uncomfortable. I’ve had to radically change the way I eat to get food down.

I’ve been referred to an endo and that sounds great to me because I recently started HRT and it’s been through my regular doc. I am taking Testim 5g/daily. My total T-level was 137 before I began HRT. I don’t know what it is now. I am going to ask for a blood test this Monday to see where I am. I’ve been on HRT for two months.

What I am wondering is if my very low T-level is because of the thyroid issue? Have any of you ever had your thyroid taken out and what were the complications resulting from that? Will training become adversely affected? Is there medication for thyroid replacement just like HRT? I’ve read some on the internet but I am curious as to how all this plays in for people in the iron game?

Thanks!

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
just got my results my tsh is good as well as my t3,but my free t4 is low,doc say it does not matter but i am gaining alot of weight,anyone have any thoughts[/quote]
sorry about the typo,

My first post. Age 48. I spent a lot of money on my wife and decded to get my thyrid tested. My systems were I was physically tough to get to workouts and I had no energy and had difficulty concentrating. Went to Hotze Wellness Center in Houston. It cost $2,500 but was worth every penny. Prescribed the following:

Thyroid- taking 7 .5 grain tablets of Armour Thyroid-Natural not Synthenthic.
You basically start out slow and increase every two weeks until your stabilized.

Testostone Cypionate- I curently injet 0.4 ml every week along with
Cyaocobalamin (B-12) 2 ml. Note the level of Testostrone must be monitored. I started out on 0.5 ml went to 0.3 ml and I’m now at 0.4 ml. Tiny increment matter at lot.

I also take Cotisol, DEA, and Vitamn D.

As a result of staying on a yeast free diet along with the above and various vitamins, I have lost 15 pounds and have my life back.

My wife tried everyone until we tried Hotze. Wishing you well in your quest for wellnes.