Thoughts on Some Biotest Products

i live on Biotest supplements, but if i had to pick 3 that i just will NOT give up its would be Metabolic Drive protein, Superfood, Flameout. After all if you are not healthy you are not going to make any progress period no matter what else you take in, those three pretty much ensure my basic nutritional needs are met and exceeded.

[quote]m00se wrote:
PublickStews wrote:
Mouldsie wrote:
Also, as it may help: I’m about 5’ 7.5" 145 lbs

At that size, every penny you’re considering spending on supplements should be spent on large quantities of food.

Most of his food MAY be on a meal plan since he mentioned being a “poor college student” that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be buying MORE food to help, just that much of it might be covered.

To the OP…I agree with many of the responses you’ve gotten:

(in no real order)
Surge Recovery
Protein (different than PWO, and to mix in smoothies and the like)
Flameout

IF you still have $$ to spend…

Kinda a toss up between Curcumin and Rhodiola (and forgive me, but I don’t remember the prices of each right now)

Curcumin for the ankle pain (though sometimes pain is good, so you know what NOT to be doing so things can heal)

Rhodiola - for the lack of energy due to all the stressors you’ve got going on right now.

As for Cissus, I tried it and found no benefit. Others have…(at least they say they have) found benefit…YMMV…[/quote]

Curcumin 500 works much better on my pain(periformis syndrome)than Cissus ever did. Lifting and mountain biking are 2 things I don’t want to miss out on. So far it really works. It won’t take all the pain away but it will relieve it which is worth it to me especially at the price it goes for. Win/win.

[quote]holguint123 wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote a pretty good article on the “triage” of supplementation:

Yeah, I agree that peri-workout nutrition should be your number one goal in terms of making any gains. Then fish oil comes after that if you can afford it.

If you want to go further, the Biotest supplement that has worked pretty well for me so far is Alpha-GPC. Made my bench go up 20 lbs the 1st time I took it![/quote]

Taking Alpha-GPC made your bench go up 20lbs first time? Can you BE anymore of a Biotest sock puppet.

I have some questions too about Biotest products.

Can anyone tell me what Biotest L-Leucine really tastes like?

Does it mix well in a glass of water?

I’m interested because I’m currently using a UK brand of pure L-Leucine and it tastes disgusting doesn’t mix well in water either.

Great stuff fellas!

Sounds like Flameout and Curcumin are musts.

Surge maybe, but I really just try and obtain my calories by eating a lot :smiley:
That includes timing/planning my meals around my workouts.

[quote]CKMAN wrote:

I’m interested because I’m currently using a UK brand of pure L-Leucine and it tastes disgusting doesn’t mix well in water either.[/quote]

Doesn’t have a taste to me on its own. Mixed with a shake and I think it makes the shake worse.
I just put a scoop in my mouth and down with a swig of water. Many others here do the same.

[quote]CKMAN wrote:

I’m interested because I’m currently using a UK brand of pure L-Leucine and it tastes disgusting doesn’t mix well in water either.[/quote]

I bought some leucine from Biotest and I like it , and think its a good product, but it says is no flavor but the taste while isn’t intolerable makes the food you try to eat it with worse. Ive mixed with everything from milk to chinese food to eggs. To me it works good in protein shakes and yogurt where you can’t taste it at all

The taste of Superfood reminds me of a fig newton. I mix if with some OJ in the morning and it’s incredible. Dont have any whey right now so cant wait to get that.