Then..... and Now

~K~: It takes some stones to throw up before pics for everyone on the forum to scrutinize, but then you’ve got a bigger set than 90% of the dudes here. Great job!

Well done, Karma. I admire you for sharing your progress with everyone.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find some of this erotic.

DI

Hell yeah Karma! I can absolutely identify with you! I turned myself around from depression as well and changed my mental/physical health. I saw my grandmother the other day and she said I had changed for the better more than anyone else she has ever known. I felt pretty good about that. Wow! Though I haven’t known you through all that I can say I’m proud. Another big hearted person breaking the rules and becoming more then they ever expected! You rock!

bigprl, I doubt anyone here would flame you for just posting your before pics. What they will flame someone for is claiming something that’s untrue. When a guy posts his pic and you can barely see his abs, he’ll get flamed for saying that he’s 3% bodyfat. Just be honest and up front about everything, including your background, and you won’t get flamed.

Actually, I think you may get much more positive feedback than you would expect. No one’s going to sit here and call you fat, a skinny bastardette, or anything like that. We’ll only be here to encourage you.

~karma~ - I think you should claim that you ate Subway sandwiches the whole time. Let’s just say that you’re much more marketable than that Jared bastard. I think a cage match between the two of you would be marketable as well.

Your change is truly an inspiration. I think it mocks all of those overweight people who constantly whine about not being able to do this or that. Very nice.

bigprljamfan, no one’s going to flame you! No one’s flaming ~karma~ here. As others have said, sometimes it takes some balls to post a “before” shot. But think how good you’ll feel when you post your “after” shot and everyone can see the progress!

~karma~, I think you like showing off your booty, there’s pics of it everywhere! But I don’t blame you, you should be proud of it!

Karma, just showed this thread to my wife last night and she got that sorta jealous/envious look on her face… Meaning she saw your ass and said (in a good way) “She’s posting that on a site filled with test-laden guys?” Which as you know in married woman talk that means “I wish I could do that, why can she and not me?”

She really liked the change from fatty to in-shape hotty, and wishes she was in shape enough to post a pic of her ass without “grossing people out” … lol

Thanks for the post, just another stick of motivation for her to hit the club more often than she has been.

prljam, another thing. Posting before pics without the afters takes balls. Big, steel balls that go clank in the night. Much respect if you do post in such a manner.

Ah fuck. I submitted 5 posts Monday, some pics and some addressing people, and only 1 actually posted. I’m a wee bit crabby over that. I’ll try to recreate them even though that particular stream of thought is gone.

sigh

The above pic was taken around June/July 2002, with my youth group kids. Clothed or not, I wasn’t a pretty picture. By November, when I posted the “Penguin” pic, I looked nothing like these June pics but didn’t have anything current (hence the posting of what I did). The following measurements show the progress from Jan 02 (post surgery) to Sept 02:

Chest…39 - 37.5 = 1.5"
Rib Cage…33 - 30 = 3"
3" Above BB…34 - 29 = 5"
Belly Button…34 - 28 = 6"
3" Below BB (Hips)…36 - 32 = 4"
Butt…38 - 34 = 4"
Upper Thigh…24 - 21 = 3"
Lower Thigh…20 - 18 = 2"
Arm…13-11.5 = 1.5".

These, combined with several measurements (I think I took them every 3" upper chest to calf) equal a total of 38" and around 18lbs lost in those 9 months. I wish I’d had my bodyfat tested along the way too, but at the time I didn’t realize the importance of this either.

Wow… Having been fat myself, I want to congratulate you along with everyone else.

Good job and I hope you reach your desired target soon.

My god, if you look fantastic now, can’t wait to see the pics of your ideal form.

Ok, thank god that one posted with pic and all. And thank whomever fixed the red X’s on the other pics. I think I’m going to have to just post things more slowly, waiting for each to go up before even composing the next.

Onto questions/comments:

Pearljam: Girl, you’ve got to shorten that handle. Anyway, if you read what I wrote to Corey you’ll see what my rate of progress was like. However, I totally believe that if you are consistant, utilize the resources here for information on training and diet, and also have the added “help” of sups like LCGrow!, Surge and HotRox, you’ll see similiar (or better) results in 6-8 months. Sure, it can be done the half-assed, non-textbook way I did it but then you’ll just look back and realize what a waste all that time was.

wideguy: Just for you… a facial. Pics are some miscellaneous ones and then at my cousin’s wedding last November.

Jac-attack: Stats currently are:
29 years old
5’2"
133lb
[<]20% BF (was tested at 20% over 6 weeks ago, it’s less now but don’t know by how much)
Jeans size 4-6, tops L, shoe 6.5

HEY!

Nate Diggity Doggie: You know I couldn’t have done any of it without my daily dose of ‘da dawg’! You keep my spirits up and give me something to laugh about when I’m thinking there’s nothing left. Thanks, man. And let me know when you decide to do that thing with the thing regarding that person… I wanna watch! :wink:

MikeSmith00: I have no idea if there’s a new forum in the works for this sort of thing. It’d be nice if there were but that’s up to the powers that be (and I’ve heard through the grapevine that that particular power is too busy sniffing thongs to comment). I’d love to see a “Progress” type forum where we could each to a photo progression, training/diet log, answer questions and begin mentoring relationships with people.

But in the meantime - get your pics up here!! It wouldn’t be a hijack at all since I didn’t really want this thread to be just about me anyway. It’s always nice to get compliments and props (and the occasional marriage proposal) but this was supposed to be another ice breaker in terms of large scale “before/now” threads. I know a handful of people have done this in the Photo forum already and I’d love to see it snowball from there.

Also, do me (and yourself) a favor and don’t speak in terms of “hopefully someday” making progress. Claim it! Do it! If you have questions - ASK! If you need an occasional swift kick in the ass - let me know, I’d be more than happy to oblige. :wink: Make it come true for you and take control of your life back from whatever has it now.

RS: Same goes for you with the “Before and Now’s”. Get those pics up here and let us know how you’re doing it. Doesn’t matter if you’re not where you want to be. It’s called PROGRESS for a reason. It’s not about a destination, but a journey.

I get four little white boxes with red x’s instead of photos.

Dammit, I hate the suspense!

Quit posting x’s, Karma, for God’s sake!

:slight_smile:

~k~

you are so pretty in those pics - keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing your stats with us.

I told you before you reminded me of my fiancee. Still holds true, single mom, same height(she says 5’3 1/2 but lies), weight same( I didn’t say that, we all know that women never go over 125), weight lost the same( about 60 lbs).
She had it very tough. Power walked in an apartment because she was to broke to go to the gym our by euipment. Saved up money and bought a piece of shit stepper from fingerhut. Worked her ass off, ate somewhat better, supplement use 0. I’d post neofre and after, but she would kick my as before killing me. That and I want to get laid a ton in Cancun next week.
Gals like ~Karma~ have had to go through a tougher road than most of us can imagine. You should be incredibly proud of yourself and continue to show off your butt.

Karma, ok I’ll look for some befores. It may be awhile though since I might have to contact some relatives in order to get some befores. I threw them all away. I left who I was behind. I had always had an idea of who I wanted to be but never was that person. Now I am, and I don’t care to look back on the shadow that I once was. I really like who I am now, but I enjoy looking foward to making myself even more as I know I can do it and I enjoy it as well. It is amazing though the changes we can all make when we put our minds to it. Even more amazing is that it really doesn’t take that long a time when considering a life.

Oh, My she has a beautiful face to go along w/ that hot body;) I think I am in love ;).

I’ve got some befores, but damn, I don’t know, I’ll have to do some work on them edit, crop, I didn’t want to hide anything from myself when I first took them, and they don’t hide anything. I’ve made a hell of a lot of progress, dropped 60 lbs so far, but still it’s not nearly enough. I was up running this morning, stopped driving to the gym, I run over, run back, and my diet used to be absolutely horrible. When I was training for a strongman contest (which was sidetracked by back surgery) I was eating 6,000 cals a day. I’ve got a log now, watching the cals, going with a strict massive eating protocol. It’s definitely a work in progress, I might be able to find some stuff around here that’s postable though. THe change is in progress though, I’m having ryan (another t-man, he was one of the winners in the contest) help with a cutting plan, I’ve never cut weight before, and it’s slowing down, a lot right now. The hopefully making as much progress as you have isn’t as much a comment on mine, as a comment on the work you’ve gotten done. It’s impressive. You’re an inspiration to everyone who sees this

fitone, you’re scaring her:)
Ever noticed people who have been through extreme hardship are often very open, up front and occasionally extreme.
Good effort karma. From all the times I heard people say “I’ve tried everything” you’d think its impossible.