The War Against Testosterone

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Testosterone is at war with Eastasia. Testosterone has always been at war with Eastasia.[/quote]

Yup. Always has been and always will be.

[quote]Majin wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:
Majin wrote:
Wars are pure bullshit. Just like the war on terror, drugs, poverty and sex, the war on masculinity will fail miserably.

Wars are responsible for some of the most profound changes the world has ever seen.

The outcome just depends on the victor.

No, they’re not. The only thing they change is when people realize that the war was bullshit and learn a few lessons. Otherwise they don’t change shit compared to the damage done, especially the ones I named.[/quote]

You probably ought to revisit history classes.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Maybe you feel like everybody is against you because Roid heads are extra sensative to its use. In the case of Chris Benoit the first thing they mentioned was his son having a genetic mental disorder that causes people to do things like that. Then they mentioned anti-depressants, wrestlers, steriods, and alcohol.

Now immediately after on T-Nation Roid heads started screaming I bet you they are going to blame roids. Then before they could blame roids, the WWE posts a national message that Roids had nothing to do with this? WTF. Who the hell is the WWE to provide investigative, or scientific research as to what cause this incident?

On top of that, thats nearly promoting an illegal substance with no guidelines allowed. Continueing on my rant, there have been 3 threads about how steriods are innocent since.

Public intoxication is illegal in most states, drunk driving is illegal in most states. Steriods? Is actually legal when prescribed so honestly what is the fuss?

You said you took it in an intelligent manner. Do you honestly thing that the majority of highschool knuckleheads will do this if it was an easily accessible open market? In fact what are you asking for that you can get it at the local supermarket in any quantities you want? Is this what all roid users are declaring is safe?[/quote]

I think your generalization of “roid heads” is pretty dumb, most if not 90% of the guys who post here are natural.

The WWE started doing random drug testing in August, every wrestler is tested at least 4 times. Watch the interview with Larry King.

The reason steroids have a bad rap is because mis-informed under age people take them, mainly high school athletes.

Your testes do not stop producing testosterone at 18, young kids do not know this and thats why there are many accidents.

I haven’t used steroids, but I think it is safe to say if you are intelligent enough to research and study what you are putting into your body and do it safely then the benefits would significantly out-weigh everything bad people say about steroids.

[quote]vandalay15 wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:
nobody cares if a doctor legitimately gives you testosterone, but if you are going to take it illegally expect possible repercussions and negative feed back as with any illegal activity.

Are you sure no one cares?

Benoit got his testosterone through a LEGAL prescription from a doctor.

Then DEA agents busted down the doctor’s door, not because he did anything illegal, but because misinformed people in this country(especially the media) DO CARE.[/quote]

The amount of testosterone given to Benoit is in question. Doctors are regulated by laws as well. They can’t give drugs unless needed, they only prescribe the amount necessary et cetera.

doctors who act more as drug dealers are breaking laws which is why the Benoits doctor may be given some responsibility in the Benoit family tragedy.

For the record i don’t give a rats ass if you juice, snort coke, binge drink or kill yourself.

But a law is a law and they exist for a reason. If you disagree with current drug laws, join a lobby, come up with intelligent debates and go to congress with them.

[quote]DtotheG wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Testosterone is at war with Eastasia. Testosterone has always been at war with Eastasia.

Yup. Always has been and always will be. [/quote]

Now I’m curious. Spill it, what’s that all about?

Alcohol and Tobacco make alot of money for the Gov’t in Taxes. They are also a ‘more socially acceptable’ drug.

If the Gov’t could find a way to control and tax some now illegal drugs, then they would. All that would lead to IMO is more crap for normal people to deal with (bitch about).

It sucks, but there are always two sides to the coin.

I’m all for making alcohol and tobacco illegal too. Let’s just get rid of it and see what happens huh?

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Alcohol and Tobacco make alot of money for the Gov’t in Taxes. They are also a ‘more socially acceptable’ drug.

If the Gov’t could find a way to control and tax some now illegal drugs, then they would. All that would lead to IMO is more crap for normal people to deal with (bitch about).

I’m all for making alcohol and tobacco illegal too. Let’s just get rid of it and see what happens huh? [/quote]

IMO alcohol and tobacco bring rise to more violence and death than any other drug.

I know there are guy who enjoy a cigar on the weekend, but the people that smoke for 20+ years are just throwing there life away.

Same with alcohol, there is a show called “Intervention” on A&E I think, and it deals with families who have an alcoholic mother or father. And it is just ridiculous the amount of pain these people put their families and themselves through just for a drink.

I hear about more teens dying in car crash that was alcohol related than I do about people dying from steroid use.

People these days just aren’t responsible enough take account of their own actions.

[quote]B rocK wrote:

I’m all for making alcohol and tobacco illegal too. Let’s just get rid of it and see what happens huh? [/quote]

Speak easies, a rise in organized crime, political corruption, unsettled citizens and disgusting moon shine.

the fact of the matter is that tobacco and alcohol are largely socially accepted and that steroids are not, and that institutionalize mind set will negate any rational argument otherwise.

[quote]B rocK wrote:

Uhm, let’s see. Prohibition anyone? At least for alcohol. That went well, at least for Capone and originators of Nascar.

[quote]Majin wrote:
DtotheG wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Testosterone is at war with Eastasia. Testosterone has always been at war with Eastasia.

Now I’m curious. Spill it, what’s that all about?[/quote]

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
vandalay15 wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:
nobody cares if a doctor legitimately gives you testosterone, but if you are going to take it illegally expect possible repercussions and negative feed back as with any illegal activity.

Are you sure no one cares?

Benoit got his testosterone through a LEGAL prescription from a doctor.

Then DEA agents busted down the doctor’s door, not because he did anything illegal, but because misinformed people in this country(especially the media) DO CARE.

The amount of testosterone given to Benoit is in question. Doctors are regulated by laws as well. They can’t give drugs unless needed, they only prescribe the amount necessary et cetera.

doctors who act more as drug dealers are breaking laws which is why the Benoits doctor may be given some responsibility in the Benoit family tragedy.

For the record i don’t give a rats ass if you juice, snort coke, binge drink or kill yourself.

But a law is a law and they exist for a reason. If you disagree with current drug laws, join a lobby, come up with intelligent debates and go to congress with them.
[/quote]

As I understand it (I could be wrong) he was getting 2-3 months worth of his prescription every 2 weeks. I think thats the issue with the DEA investigation.

[quote]orion wrote:
Majin wrote:
DtotheG wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Testosterone is at war with Oceania. Testosterone has always been at war with Oceania.

1984[/quote]

Yeah, excellent book IMHO.

On topic, I think this thread has the right idea: people exaggerate things about the few idiots who screw it up for the rest of us.

Good post there Charlemagne. I agree fully. I currently work as a bouncer and would agree that AAS are the least of a government’s concerns.

I worked in a gym for a while and the manager there was 60 and a AAS veteren of 30 years and in prime condition. He would often say…

“If I was told I had to take a daily dose of alcohol, nicotine or testosterone for the rest of my life I’d choose the test. And I know that I’d outlive the other 2 options.”

His view was that Governments are happy for people to die off early due to alcohol and cigarettes because it means they don’t have to pay your pension for many years.

He was a little eccentric but one would be hard pressed to find a 60 year old in better condition.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
Majin wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:
Majin wrote:
Wars are pure bullshit. Just like the war on terror, drugs, poverty and sex, the war on masculinity will fail miserably.

Wars are responsible for some of the most profound changes the world has ever seen.

The outcome just depends on the victor.

No, they’re not. The only thing they change is when people realize that the war was bullshit and learn a few lessons. Otherwise they don’t change shit compared to the damage done, especially the ones I named.

You probably ought to revisit history classes. [/quote]

I think that’s what you should do.

[quote]DtotheG wrote:
orion wrote:
Majin wrote:
DtotheG wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Testosterone is at war with Oceania. Testosterone has always been at war with Oceania.

Yeah, excellent book IMHO.

On topic, I think this thread has the right idea: people exaggerate things about the few idiots who screw it up for the rest of us.
[/quote]

Shit, it’s been in my pile for too long!

Moderate, responsible use of steroids doesn’t make for sensationalist journalism that Nancy Grace can spin into 20 minutes of pure bullshit.

Fuck the news, by the way.

[quote]xb100 wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

I think your generalization of “roid heads” is pretty dumb, most if not 90% of the guys who post here are natural.

The WWE started doing random drug testing in August, every wrestler is tested at least 4 times. Watch the interview with Larry King.
[/quote]
Whats that have to do with the price of tea in china? One of their biggest wrestlers just got caught with abnormally large amounts of steriods guess their random drug testing is bullshit. Specially when you make a public statement that steriods has nothing to do with the case? As I said before are they investigators? researches?

If you believe this is true then us arguing is pointless and stupid. Everybody I know who takes steriods illegally takes it to be bigger and stronger. Not because they are scared their testes won’t produce after 18.

Now since you take it to be bigger and stronger, if your friend takes the same amount and is bigger and stronger than you what is to stop the competing highschool athlete from taking more? Your telling me he is just going to concede? Then he’s a loser.

[Quote]
I haven’t used steroids, but I think it is safe to say if you are intelligent enough to research and study what you are putting into your body and do it safely then the benefits would significantly out-weigh everything bad people say about steroids.[/quote]

I think your generalization of T-Nation is dumb. “90% of posters here are natural”? Where da fuck did you get this information? Did a survey? Did you even go to the steriod section count posters then calculate what percentage they make up of all T-Nation posters? Or did you more likely just pull this number out your ass?

I don’t care about the benefits or not, I’m tired of hearing roid heads crying about the media with no justification. Fact is there are a minimum of 3 threads started about how the media is attacking roids in the Benoit case, at the same time nearly everyone at my job forgot about Benoit by now.

There maybe one dateline special every 2 years on roids, how many threads about how dateline is crucifying riods? Go to the Search function.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
xb100 wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

I think your generalization of T-Nation is dumb. “90% of posters here are natural”? Where da fuck did you get this information? Did a survey? Did you even go to the steriod section count posters then calculate what percentage they make up of all T-Nation posters? Or did you more likely just pull this number out your ass?

[/quote]

The majority of people who post on this site are between the ages of 16-21 and have most likely just started to work out or are interested in it.

People who do use steroids are a minority.

Most of them wouldn’t speak about their usage on an internet message board anyways.

"Tired old argument #8 �?? Anabolic Steroids cause you to have roid rage and lose your mind!

This is absurd. The only time they’ve found “roid rage” or an increase in angry behavior in men given Testosterone was when they had pre-existing psychological problems. When 43 normal men, ages 19-40 were given 600 mg/week of testosterone enanthate over a 10-week period and then evaluated, it was concluded that there was no increase in angry behavior."

Cy Willson
Smart Answers to Tired Old Arguments
http://beta.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=461855

Clarification re: WWE and their testing policy and why Benoit didn’t fail:

The WWE policy has a huge loophole: as long as you have a legit scrip for Testosterone, elevated T levels are allowed.

How convenient.