The War Against Testosterone

Well, I have personally taken steroid cycles 3 times over the past 6 years. Each of them was well planned, thought out and implemented in an intelligent way. I never experienced “roid rage”, in fact the only thing I experienced as far as mood goes was an increase in overall feeling of well-being.

The only negative side I experienced was increased acne on Post Cycle medication. Other than that my experience with them has been pleasant.

I used to work as a bouncer at a dance club on the Jersey shore. If you want to talk about some fucked up things going on due to substance abuse, work as a bouncer. That summer there were at least 3 deaths related to drunken driving after leaving my establishment.

You wanna talk about a negative emotional state? If there were only 2 fights a night that involved breaking bottles over someone’s head that was considered a good night. Gratuitous amounts of perverse sexual acts going on in the bathrooms?

Yep I saw alot of that. Snorting coke on the dance floor? Oh yeah, alot of that. I can’t tell you how many people had to be carried out of the place because they were so fucked up they couldn’t stand. Theft was rampant. About 8 cops standing on the outside of the joint just in case things got “out of hand”.

Like it wasn’t already. I guess in case someone got killed. And yet through all of this the place was still one of the premiere places to go to during the summer.

What’s the point of this little ramble. To illustrate that I have seen countless acts of violence related to alcohol and drugs (ie. coke). Yet not once in my life have I seen anything violent related to steroid use. I’m sure it has happened but I have never seen it. Why are steroids deemed to be the satan incarnate while alcohol is seen to be just some good ol’ fashioned fun?

I have my own ideas but I would like to get some of the T-Nationers opinions too.

The one guy in my gym that I know, for a fact, is on some kind of cycle is probably the most jovial person there. He’s friends with everybody, never frowns, and has never gone off on anyone that I’ve seen in the past year that I’ve worked out there. In short, the rage has to be present for the roids to be blamed.

I agree completely. The drugs that are legal - alcohol and tobacco - are the worst in every way.

Far more rage related incidents from alcohol than from steroids. Even if the entire population were on roids, alcohol would be the big pain in the ass for causing problems.

Good luck convincing anyone though. (anyone not on here)

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
The one guy in my gym that I know, for a fact, is on some kind of cycle is probably the most jovial person there. He’s friends with everybody, never frowns, and has never gone off on anyone that I’ve seen in the past year that I’ve worked out there. In short, the rage has to be present for the roids to be blamed.[/quote]

I agree. People like to blame drugs for problems they already had. If you’re a drunken asshole, you were already an asshole before you got drunk. I understand that there is a theory that alcohol produces an allergic reaction in some people to make them mean when they drink, but I’ve never seen this. I’ve only seen drugs and alcohol amplify or suppress character traits that were already present in the individual to start with.

But that doesn’t have much to do with steroids. I have no personal experience with them, nor do I know anyone who has. However, I don’t for a minute think that they would turn a descent human being into psychopath, as is the popular misconception. But the masses need their boogeymen.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
The drugs that are legal - alcohol and tobacco - are the worst in every way.
[/quote]

Oh come on now, I’ve never had “Cigar Rage”. Just wait, I’ll turn on the tv tonight to see some maniac holding first graders hostage an gun point with a Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage hanging from his mouth.

I do agree with you on the booze however. I am for the most part a happy go lucky horny drunk, but highly irritable and don’t have the best judgment skills at said point.

I honestly can’t remember ever getting angry when I’ve drank.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I honestly can’t remember ever getting angry when I’ve drank. [/quote]

You might not have, but I can’t tell you how many times we had to get the mop bucket out because somebody’s bloody teeth were all over the floor.

Alcohol’s not deemed to be good old-fashioned fun. It’s definitely a part of our culture. But excessive drinking and partying and the problems that can accompany it are recognized and denounced. Cocaine is illegal.

People aren’t educated about steroids. They don’t understand PCT. A lot of the people who use them don’t know about it either. Which is why there have been many disastrous experiences, particularl among young athletes. This is a big part of the reason why they are illegal. And look at some of the dumbasses who come to the steroid forums here.

I’m not saying that outlawing steroids is the right solution. And the ignorance most people have about them certainly is a problem. But I think you have to be closing your eyes to question why they are widely slammed.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Magarhe wrote:
The drugs that are legal - alcohol and tobacco - are the worst in every way.

Oh come on now, I’ve never had “Cigar Rage”. Just wait, I’ll turn on the tv tonight to see some maniac holding first graders hostage an gun point with a Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage hanging from his mouth.

I do agree with you on the booze however. I am for the most part a happy go lucky horny drunk, but highly irritable and don’t have the best judgment skills at said point.[/quote]

Tobacco is one of the worst drugs because of nicotine. It’s highly addictive and causes or contributes to the death of more people that alcohol, illegal drugs, and steroids combined.

For as much as steroid supporters are claiming that the media is taking things out of hand, i’d have to say ya’ll are doing the same from the other side of the coin.

there is not a war against testosterone or even steroids, but the illegal distribution of it which is to be expected.

concern is raised with any illegal drug or illegal distribution of medication.

In reference to the OP, snorting cocaine is illegal. So is drunk driving, fighting, date rape etc. All of the above are big issues.

The Chris Benoit thing is bad timing after all the baseball scandals but illegal is illegal. regardless of your stance on steroids and their safety, the law is the issue at hand, not the medication itself.

believe it or not, the law is there to protect people.

it is no secret that steroids can in fact be harmful when used improperly and buying roids off the street often does lead to improper use, fake or poor quality drugs and any number of other complications.

nobody cares if a doctor legitimately gives you testosterone, but if you are going to take it illegally expect possible repercussions and negative feed back as with any illegal activity.

Wars are pure bullshit. Just like the war on terror, drugs, poverty and sex, the war on masculinity will fail miserably.

[quote]Majin wrote:
Wars are pure bullshit. Just like the war on terror, drugs, poverty and sex, the war on masculinity will fail miserably. [/quote]

Wars are responsible for some of the most profound changes the world has ever seen.

The outcome just depends on the victor.

Alcohol is one fucked up drug.

But it is legal, so it can’t be that bad. Right?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I honestly can’t remember ever getting angry when I’ve drank. [/quote]

I can.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
nobody cares if a doctor legitimately gives you testosterone, but if you are going to take it illegally expect possible repercussions and negative feed back as with any illegal activity. [/quote]

Are you sure no one cares?

Benoit got his testosterone through a LEGAL prescription from a doctor.

Then DEA agents busted down the doctor’s door, not because he did anything illegal, but because misinformed people in this country(especially the media) DO CARE.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
For as much as steroid supporters are claiming that the media is taking things out of hand, i’d have to say ya’ll are doing the same from the other side of the coin.

there is not a war against testosterone or even steroids, but the illegal distribution of it which is to be expected.

concern is raised with any illegal drug or illegal distribution of medication.

In reference to the OP, snorting cocaine is illegal. So is drunk driving, fighting, date rape etc. All of the above are big issues.

The Chris Benoit thing is bad timing after all the baseball scandals but illegal is illegal. regardless of your stance on steroids and their safety, the law is the issue at hand, not the medication itself.

believe it or not, the law is there to protect people.

it is no secret that steroids can in fact be harmful when used improperly and buying roids off the street often does lead to improper use, fake or poor quality drugs and any number of other complications.

nobody cares if a doctor legitimately gives you testosterone, but if you are going to take it illegally expect possible repercussions and negative feed back as with any illegal activity. [/quote]

So because these drugs are bad for me I need to punished for taking them because that will teach me?

No, I am punished for standing up to authority and THAT will teach the others.

Look at the war on drugs and how Europe handles this.

Notice our crime rates?

Our low prison population?

That neither junkies not testosterone zombies are roaming he streets?

Yeah, laws are there to protect me.

It is just not the governments business to protect me from myself.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
Majin wrote:
Wars are pure bullshit. Just like the war on terror, drugs, poverty and sex, the war on masculinity will fail miserably.

Wars are responsible for some of the most profound changes the world has ever seen.

The outcome just depends on the victor.
[/quote].

No, they’re not. The only thing they change is when people realize that the war was bullshit and learn a few lessons. Otherwise they don’t change shit compared to the damage done, especially the ones I named.

Testosterone is at war with Eurasia. Testosterone has always been at war with Eurasia.

Maybe you feel like everybody is against you because Roid heads are extra sensative to its use. In the case of Chris Benoit the first thing they mentioned was his son having a genetic mental disorder that causes people to do things like that. Then they mentioned anti-depressants, wrestlers, steriods, and alcohol.

Now immediately after on T-Nation Roid heads started screaming I bet you they are going to blame roids. Then before they could blame roids, the WWE posts a national message that Roids had nothing to do with this? WTF. Who the hell is the WWE to provide investigative, or scientific research as to what cause this incident?

On top of that, thats nearly promoting an illegal substance with no guidelines allowed. Continueing on my rant, there have been 3 threads about how steriods are innocent since.

Public intoxication is illegal in most states, drunk driving is illegal in most states. Steriods? Is actually legal when prescribed so honestly what is the fuss?

You said you took it in an intelligent manner. Do you honestly thing that the majority of highschool knuckleheads will do this if it was an easily accessible open market? In fact what are you asking for that you can get it at the local supermarket in any quantities you want? Is this what all roid users are declaring is safe?