The Next President of the United States: IV

Can you back this? I’m not convinced, particularly in Trump’s case, that you can.

One of the reasons I am questioning this is because one way for a company or owner to reduce their tax liability is to invest via capital expenditures before income is passed through to them and is subject to ordinary income tax rates, which in Trump’s case should be the maximum (except with such a large NOL carryforward).

Why would Trump pay FICA and State & Federal income tax to then turn around and invest this money into his business? That doesn’t make sense when he can avoid all three if his goal is to invest in his business.

Venture capital is perhaps a different story.

Nobody gives two shits about Doug. I will, however, call out dishonesty when I see it. Just so happens to be a significant amount of your posts.

1 Like

I read a large article explaining the reason the author speculated why Trump took a mondo loss that year. It correlated with a loop hold being closed on real estate, and prevented the type of loss where one can only deduct like 3K a year. It was difficult for me to understand since it was an EA writing it, and he stated why RE rules were different than other types of businesses.

My point earlier today of bringing up Trump’s size of organization is that if he were head of one of one of the Fortune 300s, they have banks of accountants & Big 4 drones to move money around. They do so unceasingly and even assist in writing IRS code to avoid taxes (GE is the undisputed champion here) according to articles I’ve read. {This paragraph not written to USMC}

Again IMO - this is non issue that Trump has allowed to work against him.

That’s interesting.

Agreed.

This is an interesting take:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-03/trump-s-1995-return-shows-good-tax-policy-at-work

This… he knew it was an issue well ahead of time and had plenty of time to prepare. He just needed to get ahead of it and control the narrative, first debate was the time to do it.

1 Like

The winning proposition is to always deflect and mention Rossie O’Donnell

Accomplished. See point above.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

He is, he’s just busted and won’t own it.

1 Like

We finally know the real reason for the wall:

1 Like

Now that we have a glimpse of Trump’s taxes, how about we see Hillary’s deleted emails ? Or is she hiding something ? Trump should bring this up on Sunday’s debate.

1 Like

WikiLeaks will get right on that,
https://forums.t-nation.com/uploads/short-url/cE5CUmVOki4jY1g7PJaYDduPWeB.jpg

I’m going to start using this like push did with those gold bars

How that dumb tangerine didn’t harass the shit out of her over that is beyond me. There should have been a solid 30 minute ass chewing over that alone.

1 Like

If he really wanted to make America great again he would have started by paying some taxes.

If you still support Trump after this you are a cuck.

Is that in response to The Times piece? If so I don’t see why a person would pay taxes on a billion dollar loss.

1 Like

I don’t care about the particular loophole he used.

Anyone in Trumps camp watching the debates right now have got to be thanking god they are running against Hillary and not Kaine

If you think anyone pays taxes because of their own Patriotic moral obligation then you are a moron.

And if you think that anyone in the Trump camp at this point cares that he may have not paid taxes you are an even bigger moron.

Aren’t you the subject of a queen?

What loophole? Why would you pay taxes on a loss?

Kaine isn’t the train wreck that Hillary is, but after watching this debate it’s pretty clear he is just another lefty statist with nothing to offer but the same old failed policies.