The Menstrual Vote

It appears at this point everyone is second guessing Obama’s choice of Joe Biden over Ms. Clinton. That actually would have made a good cat fight. No one could call the gender card, sexism or anything else. After they both have the same monthly problem.

…People might be second guessing the Obama over Clinton choice, but Biden over Clinton? Who’s suggesting that exactly?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
…People might be second guessing the Obama over Clinton choice, but Biden over Clinton? Who’s suggesting that exactly?[/quote]

I think Biden himself did.

Didn’t Obama announce his VP before McCain?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Didn’t Obama announce his VP before McCain?[/quote]

Yes he did. What the hell does that even have to do with the topic?

Biden commenting on his selection vs. Hillary as running mate.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/11/america/biden.php

[quote]hedo wrote:
Biden commenting on his selection vs. Hillary as running mate.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/11/america/biden.php

[/quote]

You think anyone will press Obama on this? Assuming he does another interview.

I haven’t scanned the Times or the Post. anyone know if they have picked this up?

^ Page Not Found

Having Clinton and Palin on as VP for each ticket would make for a serious change in the tone of the debate, but I don’t think McCain would have picked Palin if he was going against Hillary. It would have made it much more obvious that he just wanted a woman because the democrats had one. A lot of voters would dismiss Palin out of hand because of that.

On the other hand, I think a lot of people would have been seriously turned off when they saw Clinton vs. Palin, as Palin comes across as much more strong, likable, and genuine compared to Clinton’s shrieky, angry, and disingenuous. But then I’m terribly biased and not much of a woman, so what do I know?

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
^ Page Not Found

Having Clinton and Palin on as VP for each ticket would make for a serious change in the tone of the debate, but I don’t think McCain would have picked Palin if he was going against Hillary. It would have made it much more obvious that he just wanted a woman because the democrats had one. A lot of voters would dismiss Palin out of hand because of that.

On the other hand, I think a lot of people would have been seriously turned off when they saw Clinton vs. Palin, as Palin comes across as much more strong, likable, and genuine compared to Clinton’s shrieky, angry, and disingenuous. But then I’m terribly biased and not much of a woman, so what do I know?[/quote]

You have to click on the link in hedo’s post. Clicking on a link that has been quoted wil often times give you a page not found error.

I forgot where, but there is actually a place on the internet that is taking bets on exactly when Biden drops out of the race.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
Didn’t Obama announce his VP before McCain?

Yes he did. What the hell does that even have to do with the topic?[/quote]

Hindsight. The liberal cry-babies are fearful because they failed to secure the “menstrual vote” by not getting Senora Clinton on the ballot and McCain had an ace up his sleeve all along.

Thanks rj, I didn’t know that.

A lot of people on the left seem to believe that Biden will destroy Palin when the debates come around, but there are a few problems with that. First, is Biden’s obvious love for the taste of his own feet, and second, the VP debates are usually not that big a deal anyway. I think that Palin is disciplined enough to not screw up terribly in a debate. Biden, maybe not so much. Overall, the Palin pick has Obama’s campaign on the defensive right now, which may be why Biden said what he did about Clinton.

In the end, I would bet against Biden dropping out. To do so now, so close to the election would be political suicide for Obama. Of course, I suppose it’s possible that Obama struck some sort of deal with the Clinton’s to resurrect Hillary, but with Palin on as McCain’s VP, a move like that would seem trite and transparent. That’s not to say that it wouldn’t work, mind you…

It’s funny too, when Bush called on that blind reporter to remove his sunglasses, there were major news stories about it for at least a week straight. Here’s Biden telling a paralyzed man to stand up, and I would never have heard about it at all if not for this story and of course Limbaugh. It’s a silly, stupid, and ultimately meaningless little mistake, but it’s the obvious double-standard in the media about things like this that makes it actually newsworthy.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
MrRezister wrote:
^ Page Not Found

On the other hand, I think a lot of people would have been seriously turned off when they saw Clinton vs. Palin, as Palin comes across as much more strong, likable, and genuine compared to Clinton’s shrieky, angry, and disingenuous. But then I’m terribly biased and not much of a woman, so what do I know?

You have to click on the link in hedo’s post. Clicking on a link that has been quoted wil often times give you a page not found error.

I forgot where, but there is actually a place on the internet that is taking bets on exactly when Biden drops out of the race. [/quote]

That would be catastrophic for the Obama campaign. It would indicate indecision, disorganization and lack of direction. It would likely be the camel back breaking straw for a lot of undecided voters who would then view their camp as just plain incompetent.

It may be a moot point anyway because even if Obama had himself wanted Clinton (I doubt that he did) there’s no sign at all that she would have accepted. It would hardly seem in her interest to do so. I can’t imagine she’d enjoy being Obama’s or anyone’s vice president.

Can’t fault Obama for not making a pick that would have turned him down anyway, if that’s the case (which IMO it probably is.)

I also can’t see Biden quitting or being asked to step down.

Actually, I give Biden credit for class in saying Hillary might have been a better pick than himself. Wasn’t the best spur-of-the-moment way to put it in terms of how it would play out politically, but was a class and stand-up thing to say.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
<<< It simply reminds the 18 million voters who voted for Hillary in the primary that she was not picked to begin with. >>>
[/quote]

And that even the guy who was thinks she should,ve been. If it were up to me I’d surgically attach a microphone to Biden,s hand. He is a veritable font of gaffomatic loquacity.