The Kai Greene Thread

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I think his hair style is really holding him back when he is on stage. No matter how hard you try and focus on the body aesthetics you’re always going to come across some other ‘x-factor’ feature. In his case its that pony tail thingy on his head or when he lets his hair free. Don’t get me wrong its a cool look but I think he’d do better with a no.2 or bald.[/quote]

Or maybe you could just pull the stick out of your ass and accept that not everyone looks and acts the same.

Jay Cutler hit the stage looking like a fucking Dragon Ball character with that hairstyle but we draw the line at dread locks in a pony tail?

What next, a ban on all tattoos? Does that mean Dorian gets knocked off the fence too?[/quote]

I like Kai’s dreads makes him stand out from the rest.
But to be fair someone in one of the many posts leading up to 09 Mr 0 also stated that Jay’s wacked out dew would be a distraction.

[quote]Papa Nick wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I think his hair style is really holding him back when he is on stage. No matter how hard you try and focus on the body aesthetics you’re always going to come across some other ‘x-factor’ feature. In his case its that pony tail thingy on his head or when he lets his hair free. Don’t get me wrong its a cool look but I think he’d do better with a no.2 or bald.[/quote]

Or maybe you could just pull the stick out of your ass and accept that not everyone looks and acts the same.

Jay Cutler hit the stage looking like a fucking Dragon Ball character with that hairstyle but we draw the line at dread locks in a pony tail?

What next, a ban on all tattoos? Does that mean Dorian gets knocked off the fence too?[/quote]

I like Kai’s dreads makes him stand out from the rest.
But to be fair someone in one of the many posts leading up to 09 Mr 0 also stated that Jay’s wacked out dew would be a distraction.[/quote]

Which is the point. Jay’s hair actually made him stand out despite all of the armchair knowitalls on the internet who just KNEW it would hold him back.

Bottom line, if HAIR is causing some judge to keep someone from winning, that judge needs to be removed quickly.

I mean, Kai often has quite a bit of hair. Putting it into a pony tail IS keeping neat. Not to mention there are actually people whose culture sees hair like that in more of a religious sense even though I doubt Kai is one of them.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Kai’s Treadmill Confessions video blogs (Parts I and II) should be required watching for everyone interested in bodybuilding. I like the guy, but his interviews can really be hit or miss… but in those two segments, he was spot on. Very great stuff.

(Sorry, I’m too lazy to post them.)[/quote]

Part I

Part II

This is THE most interesting new bodybuilder on the scene right now.[/quote]

Agreed, He’s a self-made man. He has worked hard, to get where he’s at.

I loved his treadmill confessionals. Has a beautiful philosophy and drive to be the best. He has depth, he has a sense of humor, and just a great personality.

Abit of sidetracking here,

There were alot of comments here saying that Kai is an intelligent guy and such. In my opinion, Kai is like most of the other IFBB pro bodybuilders, he has the passion, the commitment for the sport of bodybuilding, but he has also the desire and ability to articulate his passion to the masses. That is what makes him stand out from the rest.

Alot of what he said is probably what we know: putting the basics first, but he is the one boybuilder who expresses his opinions out with passion. I dont really know alot of bodybuilders, but to me he is the first one to be this way.

Shawn ray is an articulate speaker, but he talks about training and winning/losing most of the time.
Dorian just gives this hardcore, all-intensity persona.
Kai is the one guy who talks about obstacles, passion, mental willpower and his dreams all together.

Another point I want to bring up, is the love of bodybuilding that Kai talked about.
I think that in reality, many of the bodybuilders and bodybuilding fans did not love the sport initially, but because of the overflowing passion of bodybuilders like Kai, the sport of bodybuilding itself has influenced alot of us to love the sport. This is what makes bodybuilding really special: the passion of these athletes has such a strong influence on others.

Just my 2 cents

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
Kai’s Treadmill Confessions video blogs (Parts I and II) should be required watching for everyone interested in bodybuilding. I like the guy, but his interviews can really be hit or miss… but in those two segments, he was spot on. Very great stuff.

(Sorry, I’m too lazy to post them.)[/quote]

Part I

Part II

Great thread SteelyD. I especially like when Kai talks about overtraining, reminds me of when I was in the marines. My sergeant used to say pain is nor but a feeling that has to leave the body.

[quote]OatsNMilk wrote:
Abit of sidetracking here,

There were alot of comments here saying that Kai is an intelligent guy and such. In my opinion, Kai is like most of the other IFBB pro bodybuilders, he has the passion, the commitment for the sport of bodybuilding, but he has also the desire and ability to articulate his passion to the masses. That is what makes him stand out from the rest.

Alot of what he said is probably what we know: putting the basics first, but he is the one boybuilder who expresses his opinions out with passion. I dont really know alot of bodybuilders, but to me he is the first one to be this way.

Shawn ray is an articulate speaker, but he talks about training and winning/losing most of the time.
Dorian just gives this hardcore, all-intensity persona.
Kai is the one guy who talks about obstacles, passion, mental willpower and his dreams all together.

Another point I want to bring up, is the love of bodybuilding that Kai talked about.
I think that in reality, many of the bodybuilders and bodybuilding fans did not love the sport initially, but because of the overflowing passion of bodybuilders like Kai, the sport of bodybuilding itself has influenced alot of us to love the sport. This is what makes bodybuilding really special: the passion of these athletes has such a strong influence on others.

Just my 2 cents[/quote]

well said. additionally there are others just like Kai who put their heart and soul into BB, the difference being, they cannot verbalize/articulate their viewpoints as poignantly as Kai.

i hope Kai kills this year, he truly cannot be beaten if he’s full and dialed in. dex, branch, phil are inferior next to a dialed in blown up Kai. Jay is the only guy big enough but he’s still not the freak show Kai is. Vic could beat everyone but he’s never been conditioned enough to win, and now w/out the legs or conditioning he’s behind the others.

Damn part II was great gotta save that.

I love when he talks about overtraining too. One of my favorite quotes about overtraining is :
“There’s no such thing as overtraining. If you’re overtraining, it means you didn’t train hard enough to handle that level of training.”

“In another two weeks, I’m gonna tear the hell out of some cake.”

Lol, His passion is infectious.

and x2 to PB&J’s

Haha yeah.
I think it’s hilarious when he’s talking about how he’s looking forward to food more than sex at times. I know I’ve felt that way at times when I haven’t eaten any ‘junk food’ in a while. Damn, cake and ice cream tastes so good after not having eaten it forever.

I watched those treadmill confessionals, and I have to say he’s probably my favorite bodybuilder now. Just when he was talking about how he really understood the Conan theme made me want to go tear some shit up. I mean, it’s just great that he realizes that his achievements are something that nobody can ever take away from him, and he’s so damn motivated but still basically ordinary enough to go eat cake after his contest.

tl;dr: He’s fucking huge, inwardly healthy, and crushes all kinds of inarticulate musclehead stereotypes. He’s also going to age into Dave Draper with like double the wisdom.

kai is one of my favorite bodybuilders so it only makes ence my first post would be about this incredible human. he has the complete package. personoality, wasdom, hard work, ginetics and cool hair.

[quote]mikedefran wrote:
kai is one of my favorite bodybuilders so it only makes ence my first post would be about this incredible human. he has the complete package. personoality, wasdom, hard work, ginetics and cool hair. [/quote]

Dude, download and use Firefox. When the little red line shows up under a word, right click it and select the correct spelling of the word.

A typo here and there is fine, but good Christ man.

haha, sorry. im on my work computer and just blasted off the post and didn’t even read it back to myself. new keyboards are shit.

The newest MD magazine had a section for Kai. Some sick black and white shot of him. Looking large as always.

I’ve heard some people say he rambles to much this or that. Yet if you actually listened to all his words, he’s on a whole different level with his whole thought process. Real interesting to say the least.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I’ve heard some people say he rambles to much this or that. Yet if you actually listened to all his words, he’s on a whole different level with his whole thought process. Real interesting to say the least.[/quote]

Oh please just cause somebody talks alot doesn’t mean that he is some how “more knowledgeable”.

He rambles alot in his interviews.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I’ve heard some people say he rambles to much this or that. Yet if you actually listened to all his words, he’s on a whole different level with his whole thought process. Real interesting to say the least.[/quote]

Oh please just cause somebody talks alot doesn’t mean that he is some how “more knowledgeable”.

He rambles alot in his interviews.[/quote]

Did I say I thought he was “more knowledgeable” cause of all that? I was more so stating how he opens up a lot more then other bodybuilders pretty much. I find it intriguing. You call it rambling, I call it just being himself and letting others get a better insight of him. So fuck off with your assumptions.