The Kai Greene Thread

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

[quote]whatsyourexcuse wrote:
Kai is fantastic, very humble and down to earth. Doesn’t take himself too seriously but obviously takes his training VERY seriously. I love bodybuilders like Kai, true freaks that would scare little children. In a couple of years I would say he will be unbeatable.[/quote]

Add more years to that “couple of years” cause we all know Branch’s time is coming.
[/quote]

I hope not. Branch looks like someone slapped chunks of plasticene on themselves. Big, no, huge but lumpen and un-aesthetic IMO.

BBB[/quote]

Agree 100%. Massive and gets straight shredded, but his look just ain’t pretty.

Kai is awesome. Who would of thought bodybuilders were strong?

waiting for his DVD to be for sale. without a doubt one of BB greatest success stories, humble dude who is thoughtful and made nothing into something. i agree that he destroys branch, i love branch’s work ethic but he doesn’t have shit on Kai. Neither does narrow Phil, lil’ Dex. Jay looked great this year but an ON full Kai beats an ON Jay w/ detail and a shape Jay just doesn’t have. Some guys may edge Kai out from the front but from the back he murders everyone!!!

Kai peeled at 270lbs is something none of those guys can handle. GORILLA MUSCLE IN 2010!!!

I think his hair style is really holding him back when he is on stage. No matter how hard you try and focus on the body aesthetics you’re always going to come across some other ‘x-factor’ feature. In his case its that pony tail thingy on his head or when he lets his hair free. Don’t get me wrong its a cool look but I think he’d do better with a no.2 or bald.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I think his hair style is really holding him back when he is on stage. No matter how hard you try and focus on the body aesthetics you’re always going to come across some other ‘x-factor’ feature. In his case its that pony tail thingy on his head or when he lets his hair free. Don’t get me wrong its a cool look but I think he’d do better with a no.2 or bald.[/quote]

A bit like how whenever I see your username it detracts from the post because I know that the opinion contained in it is going to be completely worthless?

young kai 1994 18 years old

I think his hair style is really holding him back when he is on stage. No matter how hard you try and focus on the body aesthetics you’re always going to come across some other ‘x-factor’ feature. In his case its that pony tail thingy on his head or when he lets his hair free. Don’t get me wrong its a cool look but I think he’d do better with a no.2 or bald.[/quote]

Or maybe you could just pull the stick out of your ass and accept that not everyone looks and acts the same.

Jay Cutler hit the stage looking like a fucking Dragon Ball character with that hairstyle but we draw the line at dread locks in a pony tail?

What next, a ban on all tattoos? Does that mean Dorian gets knocked off the fence too?

Back to bodybuilding…

I knew Kai was going to win last year, even though most people didn’t even have him in the top six. But this year I’m a little worried.

I think if everyone is at their best, Kai still comes out on top. But Oscar Arden said Kai is going to be 20 lbs heavier this year. If his conditioning is off by even a little bit, that might be enough room for Branch, Phil or Dexter to slip in.

Of course its really the judges opinions that count, which also worries me…

Kai is the MAN!
Has all the qualities of a classic BBer, PLUS all the freakiness of a modern BBer.
Has great personality and soul. Perfect representative for our beloved sport.

The comments about his hair are ridiculous. I like that he doesn’t follow the crowd. He stands out in every way.

2008 Arnold Classic:

So fluid.

For the record, I dig the hair. Very cool.

Very interesting and intelligent man, and a great rags-to-riches story. I truly hope he will win the “O” but I feel politics will stand in his way; he’s a bit too eccentric…

Everywhere I go on the net I always hear “he takes too long to get to the point…he rambles, etc.”. I think everything he says is interesting and provocative; it’s more a case of many bodybuilders having a short attention span. Enough for 10, maybe 15 reps…

[quote]Sexxxton wrote:
Everywhere I go on the net I always hear “he takes too long to get to the point…he rambles, etc.”. I think everything he says is interesting and provocative; it’s more a case of many bodybuilders having a short attention span. Enough for 10, maybe 15 reps…[/quote]

I guess those people would rather listen to Jay Cutler mumble? OK, that’s unfair on Jay, but Kai is far more interesting to listen to.

Definitely a great story,… and one of the more entertaining of today’ top BBers. Something that stands out for me, and this goes for a few of the other guys I like, is that you always feel that he really loves what he’s doing, and is genuinely appreciative for the success he’s having. Not a lot of athletes like that… you think about how Shawn Ray was such a great bodybuilder, but in person, did nothing but bash the guys who beat him, and talk about politics-nonsense… Kai is a quality dude. When I saw him show up at last years NY Pro, he was just so down to earth, just stopping and BSing with the fans who came over to say hey. I always feel good for someone like that when they do well.

S

Kai’s Treadmill Confessions video blogs (Parts I and II) should be required watching for everyone interested in bodybuilding. I like the guy, but his interviews can really be hit or miss… but in those two segments, he was spot on. Very great stuff.

(Sorry, I’m too lazy to post them.)

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:

[quote]Sexxxton wrote:
Everywhere I go on the net I always hear “he takes too long to get to the point…he rambles, etc.”. I think everything he says is interesting and provocative; it’s more a case of many bodybuilders having a short attention span. Enough for 10, maybe 15 reps…[/quote]

I guess those people would rather listen to Jay Cutler mumble? OK, that’s unfair on Jay, but Kai is far more interesting to listen to.[/quote]

Well, the fact that Jay can be a boring speaker doesn’t necessarily mean that Kai never wanders off in his own head sometimes when he is delivering a monologue.

Kai’s speeches, like his posing, is (in my mind) a pretty hit-or-miss affair. The one thing consistently spot-on with the dude is his training (the ‘portrait of barely controlled fury’)… which reminds me, isn’t he having a documentary made about him by Dave Pulcinella (the ‘Raising the Bar’ dude)? Anyone hear anything about that?

I recently saw Kai and Bev Francis last week and spent some decent time with him talking about all aspects of bodybuilding. His mind is easily his best asset, he is able to focus in to his training and diet like very few. Anyways, when I saw him last week and found out he was doing the Arnold I was shocked. He is SOOOO HUGEEE right now I cant imagine him getting into condition for the show.

My flat out 1st impression was this guy wont place top 3 at the Arnold this year. In contrast Branch Warren was also at Bev’s at he was pretty grainy already. I expect him to bring the same or better conditioning to the Arnold. As for Kai, hes one of the best bodybuilders out there and together with Oscar they are a fierce team I hope they can pull off some magic in the next few weeks cause he looked hella off

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Or maybe you could just pull the stick out of your ass and accept that not everyone looks and acts the same.

Jay Cutler hit the stage looking like a fucking Dragon Ball character with that hairstyle but we draw the line at dread locks in a pony tail?

What next, a ban on all tattoos? Does that mean Dorian gets knocked off the fence too?[/quote]

Actually gettnitdone has a very valid point. If someone is judging a competition, and one of the competitors has something that detracts the judges attention from the physique, then that competitor will not get as good as score as they could have if they didn’t have that particular thing about them. It isn’t about someone being different, it’s about something about the competitor that might distract the judge from focusing entirely on the physique.

For what it’s worth, i do like kai, he is humble, massive and he trains and eats hard as well.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Kai’s Treadmill Confessions video blogs (Parts I and II) should be required watching for everyone interested in bodybuilding. I like the guy, but his interviews can really be hit or miss… but in those two segments, he was spot on. Very great stuff.

(Sorry, I’m too lazy to post them.)[/quote]

I would echo what anonym is saying here.

Kai’s Treadmill Confessions are some of the most inspiration bodybuilding material I’ve ever seen.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

What next, a ban on all tattoos? Does that mean Dorian gets knocked off the fence too?[/quote]

man your such a bag of douche lol.