That Bulgarian Thing

You are in a great head-space right now. Glad to hear all is well! I like the concept of a “local PR” and will steal it.

Nice upper day Alisa. Apparently you and I are the only people who still do the “risky” upright rows. I love them and understand why they are problematic for many people, but I can’t imagine not doing them.

Hell yeah on the trail run in Vibrams. I’ve got to get my lazy ass into the woods to run sometime, you know, for old time’s sake. Too bad the weather is looking crummy here this week. We’ll see. Thanks for the inspiration.

just missed the gym closing :frowning:

sprint workout:
4x (6 sprints, 30 sec on, 30 sec off)

I feel faster in the Vibrams than in normal shoes, though that could just be me. Definitely give me DOMS in my calves, though.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
local pr – like a local maximum. Best I’ve done this year, but not best I’ve done lifetime.[/quote]

I lol’d!

I want to use that.

We geeks will take over the world!
(if we ever get off the internet…)

lower day:

front squats: 10@45, 5@65, 5@85, 5@95, 3@115, 1@135

deadlifts: 10@135, 5@155, 5@175, 5@185, 3@205, 1@225

barbell glute bridges: 6x8@135

hamstring curls: 10@50, 3x8@70

adductors: 3x8@110

lunges with 45-lb plate overhead: 3x5 each leg

gunzzz

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
gunzzz[/quote]

Rawr!!

upper day:
bench: 10@45, 10@65, 5@85, 5@95, 3@105, 1@115

press: 10@45, 5@55, 4x3@65

wide grip chins: 3x5 with 35 lbs assistance

tricep pulldowns: 10@60, 10@70, 10@80

waiter’s walks: 2@25, 2@27.5, 2@30, 2@32.5, 2@35
(a small suitcase is 35 lbs and people go “whoa” when I put it in the overhead compartment myself. Silly world.)

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
upper day:
bench: 10@45, 10@65, 5@85, 5@95, 3@105, 1@115

press: 10@45, 5@55, 4x3@65

wide grip chins: 3x5 with 35 lbs assistance

tricep pulldowns: 10@60, 10@70, 10@80

waiter’s walks: 2@25, 2@27.5, 2@30, 2@32.5, 2@35
(a small suitcase is 35 lbs and people go “whoa” when I put it in the overhead compartment myself. Silly world.)[/quote]

Lol about the suitcase! It is the truth.

Nice training. I’m jealous of your 115 bench.

You are looking HOT in that pic. Guess the whole "not worrying about losing weight’ thing is working for ya.

Love the new avi.

lower day:
front squats: 10@45, 10@65, 5@95, 4@115, 2@135, fail@145 (I just had trouble keeping it on my shoulders; I’ll get it next time)

barbell lunges, knee touching ground: 5 each @45, 5 each @65, 3x5 each @85

hypers: 3x10 with 25-lb plate behind head

leg press: 10@225, 3x10@315

glute machine: 3x10@100 each leg

Great pic up there. Looking really good Alisa.

About the suitcase, I had a guy say “Don’t hurt yourself” to me as I put plates on the bar to squat the other day. I thought that was kind of funny. Apparently they feel a bit protective of the girl in the weight room now. I just said, “No worries. I won’t.”

You got moxy, you’re so damn foxy.

When I start repeating lyrics, it’s a pretty awesome pic.
You look great, and nice front squats.

just wanted to say, my good friend Jimmy just joined the site and is brand new to lifting – if any of you want to make sure he gets good advice, he’s got a thread in the beginner’s section.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:

(a small suitcase is 35 lbs and people go “whoa” when I put it in the overhead compartment myself. Silly world.)[/quote]

HAHAH! This is awesome!!

Alisa, its nice to see your training coming along.

Your gunz are ridic! No wonder you have such a strong bench.

And those DLs are nice. Great work lady!

feeling blue and wimpy. Trapped in a sad Etta James song.

bench: 10@45, 8@65, 5@85, 5@95, 3@105, fail@115 (today is not my day.)

press: 10@45, 5@55, 2x3@65

upright rows: 3x10@45

lat raises: 3x10@12.5’s

bb curls: 3x8@45

tricep pulldowns: 3x10@80

6 30-s sprints.

Seriously. GAHHHHH. Stress sources:

Dedekind domains. FUCKING COCKSUCKER Dedekind domains. (excuse me. math stuff.)

I suck at most things. This makes me not want to make friends or talk to anybody.

I’m lonesome and weepy and I keep stressing about whether the boyfriend likes me, whether I’m too ugly or not-charming or whatever. I am a very bad feminist. Sometimes competence and sanity just go out the window. Just want to lie around and cry and be a PMS caricature.

I wish to God I could have a smoothie. Suddenly NO SMOOTHIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE seems too cruel.

Alisa: You are very good at being hard on yourself. Stop that. Believe in yourself.

“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”

E.E. Cummings

I hope you are doing better today.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Seriously. GAHHHHH. Stress sources:

Dedekind domains. FUCKING COCKSUCKER Dedekind domains. (excuse me. math stuff.)

I suck at most things. This makes me not want to make friends or talk to anybody.

I’m lonesome and weepy and I keep stressing about whether the boyfriend likes me, whether I’m too ugly or not-charming or whatever. I am a very bad feminist. Sometimes competence and sanity just go out the window. Just want to lie around and cry and be a PMS caricature.

I wish to God I could have a smoothie. Suddenly NO SMOOTHIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE seems too cruel.

[/quote]

Alisa, please honey, relax. You are hot, very smart, and good at MANY things.

I googled the dedekind domains and will have to read the wikipedia result like 10 times to even TRY to wrap my mind around that! Chill out babe. Apparently you are a math whiz. You got this.

Lastly. PMS SUCKS! Luckily it is finite. You’re probably feeling better already.

:slight_smile:

I do feel better. Thanks.

(also. the downside of lifting: when you wrestle in bed, you win!)