Testosterone Tests Came Back

bump please

Just letting you know that the reason I haven’t weighed in is because I can’t keep track of threads where the first post keeps getting updated. I follow things chronologically and updating the first post makes no sense…it negates everything said after that…whereas posting them in order does not. If you want to go back and edit out that info from your first post, and post the necessary info as a new post in the thread, then i will take a stab at it.

EDIT 1JUNE 2012
Here is a highlight of some very current labs and also some older labs.

Labs done 22MAY2012
Thyroglobulin, quantitative:____(26.6)…ng/ml…range: .5 - 55.0

Antithyrogloulin Ab_____________(<20)…IU/mL…range: 0 - 40

Testosterone, free and total
Testosterone, Serum_____________(330)…ng/dL…range: 348 - 1197 (obviously low)
Free Testosterone (direct)______(10.5)…pg/mL…range: 9.3 - 26.5

t4 free (direct_________________(1.34)…ng/dl…range:.82 - 1.77

DHEA-Sulfate____________________(429.6)…ug/dL…range: 211.0 - 492.0

TSH_____________________________(2.910)…uIU/mL…range: .450 - 4.500

Estradiol_______________________(40.8)…pg/mL…range: 7.6 - 42.6

Androstenedione LCMS____________(77)…ng/dL…range: 44 - 186

prostate-specific Ag, serum_____(.3)…ng/mL…range: 0.0 - 4.0

Reverse T3, serum______________(24.3)…ng/dL…range: 13.5 - 34.2

Estrogens, Total_______________(104)…pg/mL…range: adult male 40 - 115

Thyroid Peroxidase (tpo) Ab____(12)…IU/mL…range: 0-34

Triiodothyronine, Free, Serum__(3.7)…pg/mL…range: 2.0 - 4.4

Cortisol - AM__________________(26.7)…ug/dL…range: 6.2 - 19.4 (HIGH)

LABS 16 MARCH 2012 HIGHLIGHTS

FSH____________________________(2.4)…range: 1.5-12.4

prolactin tot__________________(8.37)…range: 4.6 - 21.4

Estradiol______________________(48.45)…range: 7.63 - 42.60

25OH VIT D TOT_________________(32)…range: 30 - 100
25OH VIT D2____________________(<4)
DHEA SO4_______________________(416)…range: 110-510

LH_____________________________(4.7)…range: 1.7 - 8.6

another update as of 1 june 2012 i have been approved to get a sleep study done for sleep apnea because i snore a lot

I go in on the 6th to see what the endo wants to do.

any ideas like maybe if i should try hcg mono or a nolva or clomid restart?

or does it look like i need the standard trt.

and if i do go with standart trt i should be stern about wanting hcg to prevent my nuts from dying right?

i should also bring up my e2 and need for arimidex too correct.

posted labs above. cleaned up the first post so it looked more like it did originally. Is this better VTBALLA?

Alright, some of my thoughts:

-Thyroid: While TSH is a bit on the highish side, your T3/T4 look good so I would not worry about it. Reverse T3 is in the upper part of the range, but not likely high enough to cause your issues IMO.

-Cortisol: Cortisol this high could be indicative of some sort of infection going on in your body. I’m not sure what the common causes are, but think things like lyme disease, mono, etc. You need to do some research into that and see what you can come up with.

-Test is low, with LH about mid range (from your last test). This indicates primary hypogonadism but really is not conclusive. You could try a SERM or HCG challenge to see if it responds. I would do this before going on TRT.

-E2: very high. I would get my hands on some adex and start taking it at 1 mg/week spread out in even doses (EOD).

-D3: have you been taking the supplement you were given?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Alright, some of my thoughts:

-Thyroid: While TSH is a bit on the highish side, your T3/T4 look good so I would not worry about it. Reverse T3 is in the upper part of the range, but not likely high enough to cause your issues IMO.

-Cortisol: Cortisol this high could be indicative of some sort of infection going on in your body. I’m not sure what the common causes are, but think things like lyme disease, mono, etc. You need to do some research into that and see what you can come up with.

-Test is low, with LH about mid range (from your last test). This indicates primary hypogonadism but really is not conclusive. You could try a SERM or HCG challenge to see if it responds. I would do this before going on TRT.

-E2: very high. I would get my hands on some adex and start taking it at 1 mg/week spread out in even doses (EOD).

-D3: have you been taking the supplement you were given?[/quote]

as far as the cortisol goes. i have no idea. I don’t think im sick. all my symptoms have to do with fatigue/lack of motivation/slight depression. haha I’m worried now though because the infections you mentioned are very serious.

oh i will mention this. I’m in the army i recently deployed to the middle east. A lot of guys from the middle east are coming back with presumptive illnesses called the gulf war syndrome. The primary symptom of gulf war syndrome that is bothering me is fatigue
The cause is unknown although many say it may be related to vaccinations primarily the anthrax vaccinations. I feel like this could be related to my out of wack endocrine system

I was prescribed 50,000 IU of vit D2 once a week. I did that for 9 weeks.
other than my animal pack multivitamin i did not take any vit d for the last couple weeks because im dumb and incredibly busy. but yesterday i bought some VIT D3 by Mega Food and i’ve been taking 6000 IU a day.
i have an appointment on the 12 of june to get my d levels retested
I’ve also been trying to get sun as frequently as possible

i go to the endo on Wednesday the 6th of June I will mention my E2, Arimadex and hcg/serm restart.

how does one split 1mg into 3x a week.

i could see maybe cutting a pill in half and having .5mg on tuesday and .5mg on friday

but how do you do this in thirds?

did some googling on am cortisol they said the main three causes could be lucid dreams/ptsd/stress, low blood sugar from being hungry at night (this is possible because i eat diner at 6pm and dont eat until like 7-8 am and parasites releasing pathogens. I’m going to bring this up on wednesday. thanks for the heads up i didn’t do much research on cortisol im going to continue to do more

Yeah the shit they are putting into your bodies to prepare you to be machines of war make me question the need. I have heard of all kinds of tests and stuff they make you guys undergo that are questionable, IMO.

SOunds like you have a bit of a handle on the cortisol thing. Ask your doctor as well–he should have flagged it since it is out of range.

Regarding splitting adex–just do the best you can. The 1 mg 3x/week is a general guideline. Use what works for you. twice weekly dosing is adequate–that is what I do for my TRT. 0.25 mg EOD (so a total of .87 mg/week) also works. Just play around with it until you find something that works for you.

thanks for the advice ill keep everything in mind when i go in and see him.

random question i know i haven’t crossed that road yet but since it’s a possibility. if he wants to put me on trt without hcg. Should i just say fuck it wait til i find another doctor. Even if it takes me months?

I don’t want my balls to die and id like the possibility of having kids. I know hcg isnt necessary for trt. But i havent seen one reason why someone wouldn’t use hcg long term while on trt.

Anyways what is the usual dosing for hcg with testosterone?
I know typical monotherapy is like 250 IU 3x a week right?

It depends on how shitty you want to feel while waiting for a doctor. They aren’t going to shrivle up and die on day 1.

250 iu 2-3x per week.

this doctor visit was the most fustrating of them all.
he said my labs seem fine. total test, estradiol and cortisol even too.

he also said he wants to get my sperm count done before he makes a decision to do hcg or whatever that guy decides to do.

I’ve heard nothing about a sperm count the entire time reading about this stuff. What does this even matter. He says it will help him find out the cause.

crap.

thinking about saying screw insurance and this guy and going to revita anti-aging center in Charlotte nc

said it would cost me something roughly 300-400 bucks a month for the whole package labs, test, hcg, arimidex and they would mail my stuff to me monthly where ever i am. pretty sure they will be very down to treat me.

he kinda made me feel like im blowing my symptoms out of proportion. I’m kinda a big dude (bigger than average) maybe I don’t need as much total testosterone as most people? or my e2 should be higher?

I dunno should i feel this way? man I am so lost.
I’d hate to make a mistake by finding a doctor ready to put me on and me realize i never needed it or something this is rough.

I mean with my test below range and my e2 at the top of the range there is no way i know what it feels like to be a normal human being right?

ill try taking a stab at it since we have alot of similar numbers and symptoms.

i think the high cortisol is lowering your testosterone. its a known fact. do you store most of your fat around the lower abs? thats high cortisol. try some rhodiola.

your t3 and t4 look fine but your tsh is kind of high. this means your body wants more thyroid hormone than it is getting. high cortisol prevents thyroid hormone from getting into the cells. this would also cause your highish reverse t3 number. again, rhodiola will fix this.

your e2 is way too high. this would cause brain fog, lethargy, storing fat on your chest and thighs, and ED issues. it also lowers testosterone a ton. do you take any zinc? 30-60mg of zinc a day, everyday, forever is what i take. you can try some DIM and calcium d-glucarate too. if you want a really fast solution i suggest PES erase, its what i take. grape seed extract also inhibits aromatase.

do you get enough iodine and selenium? those are very important for thyroid.

try some tongkat ali and tribulus, which raise testosterone. see how you feel after a month.

we are the same age and i would never, never, NEVER go on trt at this age. there is no reason for our body to just stop producing testosteron for no reason. lets fix the underlying cause with nutrients and supplements, not put a trt bandaid over it.

Do not talk yourself out of treatment that is needed. I am on a crappy phone with even crappier internet service right now so I cant go back through your thread to recall your numbers, but do not ever let some moronic doctor convince you that “it is in your head” or that “its normal to feel shitty”…advocate for yourself and do what is necessary to improve your situation…

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

i think the high cortisol is lowering your testosterone. its a known fact. do you store most of your fat around the lower abs? thats high cortisol. try some rhodiola.

your t3 and t4 look fine but your tsh is kind of high. this means your body wants more thyroid hormone than it is getting. high cortisol prevents thyroid hormone from getting into the cells. this would also cause your highish reverse t3 number. again, rhodiola will fix this.

your e2 is way too high. this would cause brain fog, lethargy, storing fat on your chest and thighs, and ED issues. it also lowers testosterone a ton. do you take any zinc? 30-60mg of zinc a day, everyday, forever is what i take. you can try some DIM and calcium d-glucarate too. if you want a really fast solution i suggest PES erase, its what i take. grape seed extract also inhibits aromatase.

try some tongkat ali and tribulus, which raise testosterone. see how you feel after a month.

we are the same age and i would never, never, NEVER go on trt at this age. there is no reason for our body to just stop producing testosteron for no reason. lets fix the underlying cause with nutrients and supplements, not put a trt bandaid over it.[/quote]

Can you recieve private messages?

i have a month til my next appointment so i guess it cant hurt to try a more conservative route with supplementation.

rhodiola - do you have any good reccomendations or will any brand work? I’d hate to buy something that doesn’t absorb well.

for the zinc. i could just pick up any ole ZMA supplement right?

PES erase looks pretty tough, i’ve always had a fear of taking anything hormonal are you aware of any bad reactions to this. I am very open to trying this.

tongkat ali and tribulus - do you have any good reccomendations for these or should i just do a big brand like 10$ ON bottles (should i wait to get something that blocks estrogen first since i may already have an aromatase issue and this may slighly raise testosterone?)

the only supplement i currently take is animal pak. but i only take 1 pack a day instead of two so i only get half of what is on the label

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

we are the same age and i would never, never, NEVER go on trt at this age. there is no reason for our body to just stop producing testosteron for no reason. lets fix the underlying cause with nutrients and supplements, not put a trt bandaid over it.[/quote]

i have a month til my next appointment so i guess it cant hurt to try a more conservative route with supplementation.

rhodiola - do you have any good reccomendations or will any brand work? I’d hate to buy something that doesn’t absorb well.

PES erase looks pretty tough, i’ve always had a fear of taking anything hormonal are you aware of any bad reactions to this. I am very open to trying this.

tongkat ali and tribulus - do you have any good reccomendations for these or should i just do a big brand like 10$ ON bottles (should i wait to get something that blocks estrogen first since i may already have an aromatase issue and this may slighly raise testosterone?)

the only supplement i currently take is animal pak. but i only take 1 pack a day instead of two so i only get half of what is on the label[/quote]

no, my PMs never send or receive.

for rhodiola im currently using NOW foods brand, its good stuff. but ive used swanon brand and it was good as well. as long as the total rosavins is 12.5-15mg per pill youre good. Biotest makes a real high quality one ive yet to try.

you could pick up ZMA if you can get it for cheap. i actually buy cheap zinc citrate and magnesium citrate separate and i can get them both for under $15 and they last 2 months.

ive never experienced or seen bad reactions on forums from erase. its a pretty legit supplement. it can look scary when you look at the ingredient but really its just a metabolite of DHEA. if youre unsure if you want to take it, patrick arnold recommends grape seed extract (95% OPC) at 400mg for estrogen. im trying it in a week when my erase runs out.

for tribulus ive used NOW foods brand for a while and it was really good stuff. i could feel it hit me 15 mins after i took it on the way to the gym. swanson makes a decent one too. as long as its minimum 40% saponins youre good.

for tongkat ive been using swanson brand for a long time. the 400mg root powder pills. ive tried the 100:1 extract from source naturals and didnt notice a difference between the two.

hope that helps. also if you have trouble falling asleep from high cortisol, i take ashwagandha and it knocks me right out.

the only supplement i currently take is animal pak. but i only take 1 pack a day instead of two so i only get half of what is on the label[/quote]

for rhodiola im currently using NOW foods brand, its good stuff. but ive used swanon brand and it was good as well. as long as the total rosavins is 12.5-15mg per pill youre good. Biotest makes a real high quality one ive yet to try.

you could pick up ZMA if you can get it for cheap. i actually buy cheap zinc citrate and magnesium citrate separate and i can get them both for under $15 and they last 2 months.

ive never experienced or seen bad reactions on forums from erase. its a pretty legit supplement. it can look scary when you look at the ingredient but really its just a metabolite of DHEA. if youre unsure if you want to take it, patrick arnold recommends grape seed extract (95% OPC) at 400mg for estrogen. im trying it in a week when my erase runs out.

for tribulus ive used NOW foods brand for a while and it was really good stuff. i could feel it hit me 15 mins after i took it on the way to the gym. swanson makes a decent one too. as long as its minimum 40% saponins youre good.

for tongkat ive been using swanson brand for a long time. the 400mg root powder pills. ive tried the 100:1 extract from source naturals and didnt notice a difference between the two.

hope that helps. also if you have trouble falling asleep from high cortisol, i take ashwagandha and it knocks me right out.[/quote]

do you get labs done between the erase or taking any of these supplements to see if your levels have gotten better?

hope that helps. also if you have trouble falling asleep from high cortisol, i take ashwagandha and it knocks me right out.[/quote]

do you get labs done between the erase or taking any of these supplements to see if your levels have gotten better?[/quote]

no ive only got 2 tests that were 1 year apart. my testosterone jumped from 429 to 651 by implementing tribulus, tongkat and a few other things for a year. in my case there was long term effects. i can imagine my T finally getting into the 800s once i bring my cortisol and estrogen down.

i can tell visually when my estrogen is too high because i retain water and add fat to my chest without a change in calories. i also have trouble getting and keeping a pump when my estrogen is high.

do you get labs done between the erase or taking any of these supplements to see if your levels have gotten better?[/quote]

no ive only got 2 tests that were 1 year apart. my testosterone jumped from 429 to 651 by implementing tribulus, tongkat and a few other things for a year. in my case there was long term effects. i can imagine my T finally getting into the 800s once i bring my cortisol and estrogen down.

i can tell visually when my estrogen is too high because i retain water and add fat to my chest without a change in calories. i also have trouble getting and keeping a pump when my estrogen is high.[/quote]

oh cool, so did you ever cycle these supplements?

obviously the pes erase needs cycling but the others? or do you take the trib and stuff year around?

i can tell visually when my estrogen is too high because i retain water and add fat to my chest without a change in calories. i also have trouble getting and keeping a pump when my estrogen is high.[/quote]

oh cool, so did you ever cycle these supplements?

obviously the pes erase needs cycling but the others? or do you take the trib and stuff year around?[/quote]

i always cycled trib and tongkat 5 days on 2 days off, for months at a time. i havent taken anything in 3 months though.

the pes erase is 8 weeks on 4 weeks off.

i honestly bet if you took trib, tongkat and erase, within a month youll feel like a new man. if you add some nettle root and mucuna pruriens youll never even think of TRT and will go the herbal root forever.