Testosterone Decreasing in Americans

T-Men, The Dying Breed:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061027/hl_hsn/testosteronetumblinginamericanmales

Yup. Testosterone is declining in American Males.

from the article:

“Over the past two decades, levels of the sex hormone in U.S. men have been falling steadily, a new study finds.”

We need Squats, Scotch, and Strippers STAT! (not necessarily in that order).

They could have viewed these forums for a week and came to the same conclusion.

amazing how that study correlates so nicely with the feminization of men.

I wonder if a man’s testosterone levels decrease over time if he choses to display stereotypically feminine psychological traits (empathetic, nurturing, etc) instead of masculine ones (aggressive, confident, etc).

[quote]PGA wrote:
They could have viewed these forums for a week and came to the same conclusion.[/quote]

lol

Well gee, isn’t it a good thing that the government is making it harder and harder for simple testosterone replacement prescriptions to be placed by physicians?

Luckily we are making sure no one will ever have access to any medically supervised ways to increase those hormones without severe scrutiny. In about 50 years, the plan to convert most of the population to non-aggressive eunuchs will be complete.

{insert evil maniacal laugh here}

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Well gee, isn’t it a good thing that the government is making it harder and harder for simple testosterone replacement prescriptions to be placed by physicians?

Luckily we are making sure no one will ever have access to any medically supervised ways to increase those hormones without severe scrutiny. In about 50 years, the plan to convert most of the population to non-aggressive eunuchs will be complete.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! [/quote]

Done.

To me, the big difference between men and women is that men like to accomplish (conquer city, lift a weight), women like to maintain (take care of children, husband, all while having a job.)

[quote]PGA wrote:
They could have viewed these forums for a week and came to the same conclusion.[/quote]

That comment hurt my feelings! :frowning:

BTW, what does ZMA do?

How strong of a country will we be in 20 years with this slow castration???

[quote]Warhogg wrote:

We need Squats, Scotch, and Strippers STAT! (not necessarily in that order).[/quote]

Skip the Scotch, it’s (alcohol) been shown to reduce testosterone. Written about in this here site many times.

I like squats and strippers though.

More squats, hot chicks, deadlifts, NFL, steak, wood burning stoves and splitting your own wood with a maul (a personal favorite) UFC, 4x4’s, motorcycles and more steak.

Less MTV, Abercrombie, The OC, Dancing with the Stars, feminized comic book movie heroes, DR. Phil, Burger King, soy and male hair/shaving products.

I’m wondering what’s doing it, and more importantly, what can be done to reverse it. Could it be a sedentary lifestyle that’s becoming more common? Xenoestrogen exposure? Increased alcohol consumption?

I not sure if I’m surprised by this. It’s really becoming blatantly obvious.

[quote]Sliver wrote:
I’m wondering what’s doing it, and more importantly, what can be done to reverse it. Could it be a sedentary lifestyle that’s becoming more common? Xenoestrogen exposure? Increased alcohol consumption? [/quote]

Charles Poliquin wrote that cell phones (carried in men’s pockets) was part of the problem. I think he mentioned xenos like degraded plastics etc. but I’d be more worried about phytoestrogens.

I have a sneaking suspicion that breast cancer in MEN will climb and be more common than colon cancer in men in the near future.

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
I not sure if I’m surprised by this. It’s really becoming blatantly obvious.[/quote]

Exactly. Hell, just go outside and you’ll find your evidence.

I’m taking a class now where I have witnessed grown men talk about the interior design of a house, specifically whether the curtains looked good or not, after returning from a field trip to a museum. From what I know about my father and grandfather, I just don’t see that happening when they were my age.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Brendan Ryan wrote:

I’m taking a class now where I have witnessed grown men talk about the interior design of a house, specifically whether the curtains looked good or not, after returning from a field trip to a museum. From what I know about my father and grandfather, I just don’t see that happening when they were my age.

[/quote]

The average guy I see now is completely nonthreatening and doesn’t look like he could hold his own against a really upset grandmother. What is even more odd is that overall body mass has increased over time but where is the muscle mass or stamina? You see guys on this site claiming they are weighing 220lbs…yet they look soft and anorexic.

How does that happen? I would blame overall lifestyle and even mentality first before I even went to phytoestrogens and degrading plastics. People seem to be getting taller yet weaker. Bigger yet less muscular. The entire social scheme has done a 180 and now every guy actually wants to be smaller and thinner so they look better in cross-gender jeans.

While I agree with some things Poliquin says (i.e. everything in a GVT article, for example), I think the whole cell phone thing is complete bullshit. He said his stress levels decreased by 50% after he stopped wearing a cell phone on his hip. In the words of Gob Bluth, COME ON!

[quote]derek wrote:
Sliver wrote:
I’m wondering what’s doing it, and more importantly, what can be done to reverse it. Could it be a sedentary lifestyle that’s becoming more common? Xenoestrogen exposure? Increased alcohol consumption?

Charles Poliquin wrote that cell phones (carried in men’s pockets) was part of the problem. I think he mentioned xenos like degraded plastics etc. but I’d be more worried about phytoestrogens.

I have a sneaking suspicion that breast cancer in MEN will climb and be more common than colon cancer in men in the near future. [/quote]

The average guy I see now is completely nonthreatening and doesn’t look like he could hold his own against a really upset grandmother. What is even more odd is that overall body mass has increased over time but where is the muscle mass or stamina? You see guys on this site claiming they are weighing 220lbs…yet they look soft and anorexic.

How does that happen? I would blame overall lifestyle and even mentality first before I even went to phytoestrogens and degrading plastics. People seem to be getting taller yet weaker. Bigger yet less muscular. The entire social scheme has done a 180 and now every guy actually wants to be smaller and thinner so they look better in cross-gender jeans.[/quote]

Yeah, I’d have to agree. Life seems to be a beauty pageant for guys now. There isn’t a whole lot of emphasis put on “manliness” nowadays. In fact, it seems to be frowned upon.

I’d like to add something I’ve been aware of for quite a while. And this may make me sound like a dork but maybe it’s significant (maybe not). I’n admittedly not the best looking guy out there. Having said that, I’ve dated quite a few girls that were in my opinion out of my league looks-wise.

I knew some of thier ex’s and they were all better looking “prettyboy”
types. Many of these relationships were pretty hot and heavy, not casual. In fact, one girl (who won and competed in 4 or 5 beauty pageants) would come over and watch me work on my truck for two or three hours at a time.

I figure she dug someone who could work with his hands and get dirty and bloody and not ruin his manicure. It sure wasn’t my metro good looks!

Anyone else have this experience?

[quote]engerland66 wrote:
While I agree with some things Poliquin says (i.e. everything in a GVT article, for example), I think the whole cell phone thing is complete bullshit. He said his stress levels decreased by 50% after he stopped wearing a cell phone on his hip. In the words of Gob Bluth, COME ON!
[/quote]

Yeah, I like the guy too but some of his assertions are hard to fathom.

carter12 wrote:
Brendan Ryan wrote:

How does that happen? I would blame overall lifestyle and even mentality first before I even went to phytoestrogens and degrading plastics. People seem to be getting taller yet weaker. Bigger yet less muscular. The entire social scheme has done a 180 and now every guy actually wants to be smaller and thinner so they look better in cross-gender jeans.[/quote]

Estrogen is the reason why men are growing taller and weaker/scrawnier. There is a ton of research behind this as well.

Mentality to me has nothing to do with it. Some of the calmest, nicest people Ive ever met threw my adventures in BJJ and MMA are also some of the most testosterone filled people Ive also ever met.

[quote]Sliver wrote:
I’m wondering what’s doing it, and more importantly, what can be done to reverse it. Could it be a sedentary lifestyle that’s becoming more common? Xenoestrogen exposure? Increased alcohol consumption? [/quote]

I would say that all three are probably the biggest reasons why.

For some reasons I can’t understand why, our nations youth(highschool/college) seem to think that just because your of a certain age means you must binge drink 2-3(or more) days a week. This most certainly is depleting the test.

Xenoextrogen exposure is another biggie. Maybe even the biggest reason why.

And sedentary lifestyle is another huge factor. There are countless of studies that show people from New York City, regardless of race, have on average, a much higher average test level than your average american male. Its pretty obvious why. They lead active, busy lives and get in alot of walking, and have a much lower BF% than people of other areas.

[quote]T-Nick wrote:
Sliver wrote:

I would say that all three are probably the biggest reasons why.

For some reasons I can’t understand why, our nations youth(highschool/college) seem to think that just because your of a certain age means you must binge drink 2-3(or more) days a week. This most certainly is depleting the test.

Xenoextrogen exposure is another biggie. Maybe even the biggest reason why.

And sedentary lifestyle is another huge factor. There are countless of studies that show people from New York City, regardless of race, have on average, a much higher average test level than your average american male. Its pretty obvious why. They lead active, busy lives and get in alot of walking, and have a much lower BF% than people of other areas.[/quote]

What you just wrote should imply to you that regardless of any environmental estrogens, it can be overcome by simply not living your life like a castrated couch potato. That was what I was getting at. There are many other parts of the country other than New York where men don’t look feminized. That would include most inner city neighborhoods or project areas.

Apparently, those living the “ideal lifestyles” are the ones most likely to slowly become women. And yes, it does explain the influx of limp-wristed internet surfers who seem to have landed here suddenly. I wish we could hand out internet keys and lock the doors behind us.