Tesla Motors

Fuck all that does the fuckers fly?

I WANT MY FLYING CAR BITCHES

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I WANT MY FLYING CAR BITCHES [/quote]

Does 0-60 in under 4 seconds and a quarter-mile time in the low 12s count?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Does 0-60 in under 4 seconds and a quarter-mile time in the low 12s count?[/quote]
No

FLYING

I grew up being told that by 2010 there would be flying cars.

It was in all the movies and books.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
You will only drive 200 miles if you go on a road trip. And the cost comparison of fuel is dramatic. The lower capacity battery holds 60 kWh. Where I live, it costs about $0.09/kWh. That’s $5.40 for 200 miles, or ~37.04 miles per dollar. Compare this to a car that get 30 miles to the gallon, with the cost of gas at $4.00/gal. That ends up about 7.5 miles per dollar. Significant fuel cost reduction (about 5 times less). [/quote]

With savings like that and an expansive network of supercharging stations popping up all over the country, I could easily see the road trip making a comeback. Imagine if Jack Kerouac were alive today and wrote The Road while traveling around in a Tesla.

Of course, there is a cost that has gone unmentioned. The increase in electric bills from charging your car each night. The charger will run on either 110 or 220, so for the houses that don’t already have 220 wired in, the charging time takes longer. I think it’s about 30 miles per hour of charging time on a 50A circuit, and about 18 miles per hour of charging on a 30A circuit. I don’t know how much that could increase the power bill, but it IS an added cost. I can’t imagine it’s enough to put a very significant dent in the fuel savings though.

[/quote]

You might be looking at $50/month tops. That definitely beats the $200+/month is gasoline for an IC engine.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Does 0-60 in under 4 seconds and a quarter-mile time in the low 12s count?[/quote]

DC motors have badass torque profiles. All the new drag racing motorcycles are all electric because of the instantaneous power delivered from a DC motor.

alien.

amirite?

[quote]Edgy wrote:
alien.

amirite?[/quote]

The greatest scientific mind that ever lived! Using alien technology of course.

So do you people who believe in electric cars also support additional coal and nuclear power plants being built along with new high voltage transmission lines?

Or are you willing to only charge your cars when the wind is blowing?

As someone who makes money when power plants are built and the meters are spinning, I’m all for new electric load, but don’t understand the people who think you can add all this new load without the new power plants and other associated infrastructure (wires) to support it.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
So do you people who believe in electric cars also support additional coal and nuclear power plants being built along with new high voltage transmission lines?

As someone who makes money when power plants are built and the meters are spinning, I’m all for new electric load, but don’t understand the people who think you can add all this new load without the new power plants and other associated infrastructure (wires) to support it.[/quote]
I agree but you have to start somewhere right?

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

As someone who makes money when power plants are built and the meters are spinning, I’m all for new electric load, but don’t understand the people who think you can add all this new load without the new power plants and other associated infrastructure (wires) to support it.[/quote]

Natural gas.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

Natural gas.[/quote]

Good point. So I take it people who are in favor of gas fired power plants are pro-fracking then? Cause if fracking goes away I’d hate to see what electric bills look like when we are even more dependent on natural gas for electricity and gas hits the prices it was 5-10 years ago.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

Natural gas.[/quote]

Good point. So I take it people who are in favor of gas fired power plants are pro-fracking then? Cause if fracking goes away I’d hate to see what electric bills look like when we are even more dependent on natural gas for electricity and gas hits the prices it was 5-10 years ago.[/quote]

I think the environmental damage from fracking has been vastly overstated. It’s not clean as a spitshined asshole, but what extraction process is?

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

Natural gas.[/quote]

Good point. So I take it people who are in favor of gas fired power plants are pro-fracking then? Cause if fracking goes away I’d hate to see what electric bills look like when we are even more dependent on natural gas for electricity and gas hits the prices it was 5-10 years ago.[/quote]

It’s going to do that anyways.

The honeymoon is gonna be over with the gas industry in a couple more years. Right now they are just trying to get the tip in. Balls deep is where its going, and when it gets there a whole lot of people are gonna be saying “ouch!”.

“spitshined asshole”

classic, do you mind if I use that sometime?

[quote]Edgy wrote:
“spitshined asshole”

classic, do you mind if I use that sometime?[/quote]

Get a room.

And you said your not ghey.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
“spitshined asshole”

Get a room.

And you said your not ghey.[/quote]

ghey or not, that is just some funnys shit~

[quote]Edgy wrote:
“spitshined asshole”

Have at it.

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
“spitshined asshole”

Get a room.

ghey or not, that is just some funnys shit~[/quote]

My bad, I read that as “spitshined asshole, mind if I use that sometime?”

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
“spitshined asshole”

Get a room.

ghey or not, that is just some funnys shit~[/quote]

My bad, I read that as “spitshined asshole, mind if I use that sometime?”
[/quote]
LOL

Speculative, high flying stocks like Tesla are usually prone to massive swings based on the mood of the market. I think it’s interesting that the market has been trending down for the last two weeks and tesla is hanging in there. Tesla owners seem to be happy to hold.