Teres Major/Minor problem

I recently saw a physical therapist and they told me the problem in my shoulder is a Teres Major (maybe it was teres minor). Either way it has been bothering me for about 6 months and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to get this thing to heal a little faster.

Thanks

Considering the teres major and teres minor have entirely different insertions and actions, I think it might be a good idea to figure out which one it was.

I’m willing to bet that it’s the teres minor, which is one of the external rotators of the humerus (and part of the rotator cuff).

fatsensei, that’s been a problem area for me as well. After going to 3 different chiros (one an ART-type), an accupuncturist and a number of massage therapists (some of whom made me worse!), I found a lady that has 14 years of experience with myofacial release technique who pretty well fixed my problem. My posture is improved, along with biomechanics. Now it’s just a case of re-building and strengthening.

Good luck to you!!!

P.S. I had impingement syndrome and torn rotator cuff (supraspinatus and infraspinatus, both) surgery a year ago. Even with surgery (or maybe because of it), my rotator cuff muscles were in need of some attention.