Sweating While Eating Almond/Peanut Butter

Hey guys, ever since i can remember i have broken into a sweat (just from my forehead) when i eat a large amount of almond or peanut butter. Its just cold sweat kind of oozing from the forehead. Any idea what causes this? I don’t have any other reaction.

what’s a large amount? it could be too much food, or you might have an allergy.

4-6 tbsp of almond butter. The sweat stops right after i stop eating.

You have a mild allergic reaction to nuts. May get worse over time, may not. Same thing happens to me when i eat certain Fruits such as Peaches, Nectarines, Plums, ETC.

any preservatives in the stuff?

FYI nut allergies almost always get worse over time and can be life threatening. Might be worth seeing someone to find out for sure

Nope, organic dry roasted almonds. No other ingredients listed. It happens with all brands of the stuff except for whole almonds. Its kind of a rediculous guess but maybe since it takes me longer to eat a 1/2 cup of almonds as opposed to 4 tbsp of almond butter, the almond butter hits the system faster.

Just strange that only the butter form does it and not the whole almond or peanut…

[quote]lzqosoz94 wrote:
Nope, organic dry roasted almonds. No other ingredients listed. It happens with all brands of the stuff except for whole almonds. Its kind of a rediculous guess but maybe since it takes me longer to eat a 1/2 cup of almonds as opposed to 4 tbsp of almond butter, the almond butter hits the system faster.

Just strange that only the butter form does it and not the whole almond or peanut…[/quote]

My dad can’t eat peanuts, but peanut butter doesn’t bother him much…weird.

No idea.

But if it bothers you stop doing it.