Surge Instead of Whey Protein

Would there be any benefit or drawback to consuming Surge instead of Whey protein through out the day? Currently I consume a whey protein/creatine shake during my workout. After the workout I consume Surge. Around 10am I consume a whey protein shake as well as 3pm. Before bed I consume a Casein protein shake. I was thinking of taking Surge during the times I take my whey protein shake and saving the casein protein shake for a before bed snack. Any thoughts? Thanks.

[quote]Frankie75 wrote:
Would there be any benefit or drawback to consuming Surge instead of Whey protein through out the day? Currently I consume a whey protein/creatine shake during my workout. After the workout I consume Surge. Around 10am I consume a whey protein shake as well as 3pm. Before bed I consume a Casein protein shake. I was thinking of taking Surge during the times I take my whey protein shake and saving the casein protein shake for a before bed snack. Any thoughts? Thanks. [/quote]

Surge due to the high glycemic carbs should only be used around training. Most specifically post workout to stimulate enhanced recovery. Using it through the day wouldn’t be wise due to the carb content. A whey or whey/cassein blend would be the better choice for all other protein shake needs.

D

Use Surge during your workout instead of whey/creatine. Put creatine in your post workout Surge. Don’t take whey alone during the day, but don’t replace it with Surge either. Mix a bit of casein in at a minimum of a 4:1 ratio and you should be a lot better off.

Drawback could be diabetes. No way you should be continuously spiking insulin like that all througout the day.

[quote]challer1 wrote:
Don’t take whey alone during the day,[/quote]

Thanks for the great info guys. I’m curious of your comment Challer1. Why not take Whey alone during the day? Another question if you guys don’t mind. Why does Surge fizzle? When I shake it up and let it sit for a minute I remove the excess fizzle w/ a spoon then drink it. After this post I think I’ll just use the Surge during my workout and consume what ever is left after the workout. Thanks again.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Drawback could be diabetes. No way you should be continuously spiking insulin like that all througout the day.[/quote]

I have been taking Surge for over a year now, there may have been breaks here and there of a few days until I got in a new shipment. I recently had some blood drawn and provided a urine sample and the results showed that my sugar levels were high. Can Surge be the culprit in this. This is the only item I consume the most that I know contains sugar. Thanks.

[quote]Frankie75 wrote:
challer1 wrote:
Don’t take whey alone during the day,

Thanks for the great info guys. I’m curious of your comment Challer1. Why not take Whey alone during the day? Another question if you guys don’t mind. Why does Surge fizzle? When I shake it up and let it sit for a minute I remove the excess fizzle w/ a spoon then drink it. After this post I think I’ll just use the Surge during my workout and consume what ever is left after the workout. Thanks again.
[/quote]

Whey is a great protein, but due to its rapid absorption within your body, it’s less than ideal for just general during the day kind of use. It’s better to use a blend with some casein (especially micellar casein) so that you have a more consistent influx of amino acids as opposed to a whole bunch in one quick shot.

If you are just going to use whey instead of a blend, then at least have some kind of fat with it to slow down its absorption (olive oil, mixed nuts, peanut butter, etc.)

[quote]Frankie75 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Drawback could be diabetes. No way you should be continuously spiking insulin like that all througout the day.

I have been taking Surge for over a year now, there may have been breaks here and there of a few days until I got in a new shipment. I recently had some blood drawn and provided a urine sample and the results showed that my sugar levels were high. Can Surge be the culprit in this. This is the only item I consume the most that I know contains sugar. Thanks.

[/quote]

Consuming Surge around your workouts is not going to cause diabetes. Hell, I could drink the stuff all day and not have a problem. Granted, those that are susceptible to such conditions will need to control their carb intake throughout the day.

You’ll have to give a sample of your diet for feedback on what might be the cause of your issue.

Also, was your blood drawn relatively close to consuming Surge?

[quote]Frankie75 wrote:Another question if you guys don’t mind. Why does Surge fizzle? When I shake it up and let it sit for a minute I remove the excess fizzle w/ a spoon then drink it.
[/quote]

WTF is fizzle?

[quote]Frankie75 wrote:Currently I consume a whey protein/creatine shake during my workout. After the workout I consume Surge. Around 10am I consume a whey protein shake as well as 3pm. Before bed I consume a Casein protein shake.

I was thinking of taking Surge during the times I take my whey protein shake and saving the casein protein shake for a before bed snack. Any thoughts? Thanks. [/quote]

Do you eat any solid food?

Also, you’d be better off having Surge during training and whey afterward. Better yet, have Surge during and immediately after and follow with real food 30 to 60 minutes later.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

Also, you’d be better off having Surge during training and whey afterward. Better yet, have Surge during and immediately after and follow with real food 30 to 60 minutes later.[/quote]

I do consume Surge during the workout and have a solid meal within 60 minutes of the completed workout.

[quote]Frankie75 wrote:
HK24719 wrote:

Also, you’d be better off having Surge during training and whey afterward. Better yet, have Surge during and immediately after and follow with real food 30 to 60 minutes later.

I do consume Surge during the workout and have a solid meal within 60 minutes of the completed workout.[/quote]

Your original post says “Currently I consume a whey protein/creatine shake during my workout.”