Superman VS. Batman

Ok, i have my own opinion on this. But a friend and I have an ongoing arguement about who is “better”. topics range from.

who would win in a fight?
who is cooler?
who would you rather be?
who has a better phisique?

feel free to add more. i find that most people have a pretty strong opinion one way or the other.

by the way i KNOW this is nerdy. it’s discussing nerdy topics in earnest that makes it fun.

also if you’re interested in hearing my band check PUNCHFACE (out ninja hunting) | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos
i think you will be able to tell who my favorite superhero is

Superman owns all. Period.

I always hated Superman for some reason. Batman wins.

Batman, he has Kryptonite Gauntlets for whooping Superman’s ass.

In all reality, Superman should almost never lose a fight. Everyday he forgets more powers than he ever uses. The guy can do damn near anything. How the hell can he lose a fight?

Doesn’t Batman have a kryptonite ring?

Batman is a glorified parlor magician.

Superman wins every fight but the coolness one. Even with all the power in the world he still comes across as a bit of a loser, or at least a dork.

Superman all the way. Batman can die off a cold or virus. All superman needs is a lead armour, and its all good.

now THIS is a good thread

Batman has everything money, science, and training can buy. But he can’t buy lasers shooting out of his eyes. Superman wins.

gayest thread ever

I still want to know why Lois Lane never had the back of her head blown out.

Oh and Batman is cooler, but obviously Superman would win in a fight. Batman may be able to outthink him though.

Now that we have annoyed the people who hate comic books, I will say I like the choice for Batman in the recent movies, though not perfect, and while it might be early, I am not impressed with the current Superman choice. (At least it wasn’t Nicholas Cage.)

You know I would have made a good Superman. (If I were taller.)

I got the freakin superman curl in my hair naturally. (Unless I go too long without a haircut, then it starts to look like the Nazi thing, which is not a good look.)

It’s been decided in the comics that Batman would win. He’s superparanoid and has a contingency plan for everything.

And he’s cooler.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
It’s been decided in the comics that Batman would win. He’s superparanoid and has a contingency plan for everything.

And he’s cooler.[/quote]

And he fights really dirty.

They had an old comic about this matchup. Batman got his back broken by superman then went crazy and built a Robot/mech with all his money.

Green arrow had to shoot Superman with a kryponite arrow (he teamed up with Batman) before he died (b/c of superman) then Batman killed superman…and batman died too.

Gladiator would kick Supermans arse!

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
They had an old comic about this matchup. Batman got his back broken by superman then went crazy and built a Robot/mech with all his money.

Green arrow had to shoot Superman with a kryponite arrow (he teamed up with Batman) before he died (b/c of superman) then Batman killed superman…and batman died too.

Gladiator would kick Supermans arse!

[/quote]

This reminds me of the old Marvel series What if…? One of my favorites was “What if the Punisher killed Daredevil.”

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=538999&pageNo=0

-Nate

I’ve always thought that Batman vs Lex Luthor would be a more interesting proposition. I imagine a straight fight would be a touch one-sided (unless Lex was wearing one of his power suits) but the idea of the two richest, resourceful, most intelligent and most psychologically damaged characters in the DC universe squaring up to each other has always tickled my fancy.

If this was in fact covered by DC but escaped my notice, could someone point me in the direction of the relevant comic?

[quote]cesliwakan wrote:
who would win in a fight?[/quote]

Depends on the setting, straight up? Superman, no question. If they were put into [for example] a pocket dimension that had their hideouts, and given prep time, then Batman would whomp on superman after hitting him with gold kryptonite [or even build special armour / weapons out of green kryptonite if he for some reason didn’t have the resources for gold]

Batman [especially Frank Millers work on him] - Superman is just too good for me

Superman, I’d find a way to destroy all remaining Kryptonite on earth, then take the fuck over.

From the movies? Batman. From comics? Depends on the artist for that particular story arc. I’ve seen excellent physique art for both characters.

Of course, the punisher owns both.