Superbowl Pre-Game, Gay As Hell!

Ok, I know there is already a Half-time show gayness thread, but Prince was downright studly comapred to the pre-game show. It had freaking giant butterflies on sticks and those Cirque-de-Sole guys in tights flying all around. That was crap.

That was gay. And I don’t mean that in the “stupid, lame, boring” sense. I mean it in the homosexual sense. Actually it was all of the above.

This is the freaking Superbowl, not the French Olympics. We’re playing football here, not gymnastics. Come on, marching bands in football uniforms? Flowers and butterflies? All that was missing was the dude in roller skates with sparks flying out of his helmet (remember that dude from the Olympic ceremonies?).

I was embarassed.

Whoever was in charge of the Superbowl entertainment should be fired. Let a straight man who actually watches football plan the next Superbowl.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Ok, I know there is already a Half-time show gayness thread, but Prince was downright studly comapred to the pre-game show. It had freaking giant butterflies on sticks and those Cirque-de-Sole guys in tights flying all around. That was crap.

That was gay. And I don’t mean that in the “stupid, lame, boring” sense. I mean it in the homosexual sense. Actually it was all of the above.

This is the freaking Superbowl, not the French Olympics. We’re playing football here, not gymnastics. Come on, marching bands in football uniforms? Flowers and butterflies? All that was missing was the dude in roller skates with sparks flying out of his helmet (remember that dude from the Olympic ceremonies?).

I was embarassed.

Whoever was in charge of the Superbowl entertainment should be fired. Let a straight man who actually watches football plan the next Superbowl. [/quote]

I am sorry this causes you so much anguish. Seriously, the Super Bowl is the most watched television program in this country every year. Shockingly, they produce the entertainment components of the game to appeal to a large portion of the viewing audience, which, frankly, includes women and very casual football fans. Hence, the gymnasts and the Princes, etc.

And to turn this into a rant about sexual orientation is ridiculous and shows just how small minded and insecure you really are.

Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to endure the pregame show, or are you just an overdramatic homophobe who is scared by things which don’t quite jibe with his “manly” world view?

[quote]PGJ wrote:

I was embarassed.

Whoever was in charge of the Superbowl entertainment should be fired. Let a straight man who actually watches football plan the next Superbowl. [/quote]

OKAY… again… i am gay, and i stuck up for Prince cause frankly… Prince rules.

HOWEVER, though most of the performers in Cirque are NOT gay, i will say that I didnt quite understand why they were the pre-game entertainment.

The Cirque performers can do some AMAZING things, but i still didnt get it.

Kudos for saying it sucked. Thumbs down for being kinda a bigot about it. Not all of us homos are into butterflys and marching bands.

[quote]Agent Frost wrote:
PGJ wrote:

I was embarassed.

Whoever was in charge of the Superbowl entertainment should be fired. Let a straight man who actually watches football plan the next Superbowl.

HOWEVER, though most of the performers in Cirque are NOT gay, i will say that I didnt quite understand why they were the pre-game entertainment.

Kudos for saying it sucked. Thumbs down for being kinda a bigot about it. Not all of us homos are into butterflys and marching bands.
[/quote]

If your really are gay that takes balls to say. I didn’t enjoy the half time show and the pregame show was just ok.

The half-time show was all right. I like Prince. Phenomenal musician and DEFINATELY NOT gay.

About the Pre-game…that was some gay-assed shit, admit it. That looked more like a San Francisco gay-pride parade than Superbowl entertainment. Way too many men in full body-suits and silly court jester make-up. Did you hear all the booing?

[quote]PGJ wrote:
The half-time show was all right. I like Prince. Phenomenal musician and DEFINATELY NOT gay.

About the Pre-game…that was some gay-assed shit, admit it. That looked more like a San Francisco gay-pride parade than Superbowl entertainment. Way too many men in full body-suits and silly court jester make-up. Did you hear all the booing?

[/quote]

I am glad I missed it.

You know what else is gay? Having some dude take his clothes off for your avatar. (just kidding)

[quote]Brutus_G wrote:
Agent Frost wrote:
PGJ wrote:

I was embarassed.

If your really are gay that takes balls to say. I didn’t enjoy the half time show and the pregame show was just ok.[/quote]

Yup… i am a big homo! And it takes LESS balls to say “Hey… im queer” to a bunch of straight guys who u probably have more in common with then the average gay guys who you date… then it does to tell the gay guys that you bring home that there is a snake (cali king), sai, a katana, and old targets from the first time you went shooting in your room!

Gay guys can be weird! (only a half joke)

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
I am sorry this causes you so much anguish. Seriously, the Super Bowl is the most watched television program in this country every year. Shockingly, they produce the entertainment components of the game to appeal to a large portion of the viewing audience, which, frankly, includes women and very casual football fans. Hence, the gymnasts and the Princes, etc.

And to turn this into a rant about sexual orientation is ridiculous and shows just how small minded and insecure you really are.

Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to endure the pregame show, or are you just an overdramatic homophobe who is scared by things which don’t quite jibe with his “manly” world view?[/quote]

Ditto. An awful lot of homophobes on this site.

[quote]fenrael23 wrote:
TJN713 wrote:

Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to endure the pregame show, or are you just an overdramatic homophobe who is scared by things which don’t quite jibe with his “manly” world view?

Ditto. An awful lot of homophobes on this site.[/quote]

I’m a homophobe because I didn’t like the show? Is this one of those things where anyone who doesn’t like something that is stereotypically gay is labeled a homophobe?

[quote]Agent Frost wrote:
PGJ wrote:

I was embarassed.

[/quote]

You’re gay!!! shrugs that’s cool.

I was wondering why you had Namor the Submariner as your avatar. Its a good one too.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
I’m a homophobe because I didn’t like the show? Is this one of those things where anyone who doesn’t like something that is stereotypically gay is labeled a homophobe?[/quote]

Not at all. You’re a homophobe for equating something that you dislike with being “gay”. You were “embarrassed” by the pre-game show. Why is that? Change the channel. And by your comment to let “straight men” plan the events, that speaks volumes. As if no gay man EVER would be caught dead watching football…or gasp even play the damn sport.

And what the hell does “stereotypically gay” mean, exactly? Do you think that all gay men run around listening to Broadway showtunes while wearing Dolce & Gabbana and erecting shrines to Ethel Merman?!

Before the word gay was decided to mean things of a homosexual nature, it meant happy of a kind of silly nature.

So 35-36 years ago when I was 7-8 years old, we used it to mean silly and girly, not homosexual. Hell, we didn’t even know there was such a thing as homosexuality.

Now as for the word homophobe, there’s a difference between dislike and fear. Bigoted is probbaly more appropriate as opposed to the Orwellian speak much of the PC crowd likes to use.

And I also didn’t like the pre game show. I knwo the Super bowl is a big event, but I like the football, not the other stuff. At least Prince is a lot better than the old school up with people crap.

[quote]fenrael23 wrote:
PGJ wrote:
I’m a homophobe because I didn’t like the show? Is this one of those things where anyone who doesn’t like something that is stereotypically gay is labeled a homophobe?

Not at all. You’re a homophobe for equating something that you dislike with being “gay”. You were “embarrassed” by the pre-game show. Why is that? Change the channel. And by your comment to let “straight men” plan the events, that speaks volumes. As if no gay man EVER would be caught dead watching football…or gasp even play the damn sport.

And what the hell does “stereotypically gay” mean, exactly? Do you think that all gay men run around listening to Broadway showtunes while wearing Dolce & Gabbana and erecting shrines to Ethel Merman?! [/quote]

You know exactly what I mean by “stereotypical”. Do I need to post pictures of “Gay Pride” parades to explain what I am talking about? What about the “Quear Eye” show or any other decorating show on TV.

Stereotypical gayness. As a behavior, it irritates me. Be gay all you want, but when a man acts like that, it’s stereotypical. In my opinion, the pre-game show looked like a gay pride parade. Did you see any commercials that even remotely reflected the tone of the pre-game show? No. The commercials, which reflect the target audience, were all about beer, women, and trucks. The show didn’t match the event.

“And by your comment to let “straight men” plan the events, that speaks volumes. As if no gay man EVER would be caught dead watching football…or gasp even play the damn sport.”

You miss my point. It’s not really a gay issue, it’s about the entertainment not reflecting the main event. Imagine going to a Metallica concert and the opening act was the Dixie Chicks or Yo Yo Ma. You would be pissed. It was embarassing to me because I’m supposed to be getting ready to watch football, I don’t want to see giant butterflies and guys with mime makeup and bodysuits dancing together.

HATED it!

snap!

Mufasa

I like Cirque de Soleil. I’ve seen a couple of different ones in Vegas. I paid to go see them and enjoyed both shows thoroughly.

That being said, let me say that CdS had no place on a football field. It didn’t fit, it didn’t “jive”.

Appeal to a broader audience? F that. Audience schmaudience. The people they were trying “appeal to” (IF that’s what they were even doing) weren’t even watching the telecast, so why waste everyone else’s time.

On the subject of half-time, I thought it was funny how everyone got all upset about Janet’s boob a few years ago, but I haven’t heard a lick about Prince holding his guitar out in front of him at crotch level in obvious phallic posturing.

I don’t know…

When “The Chicks” have that “Goth-y” thing going…they could open for “Metallica”…

(…yea…that would work!..)

Mufasa

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
I like Cirque de Soleil. I’ve seen a couple of different ones in Vegas. I paid to go see them and enjoyed both shows thoroughly.

That being said, let me say that CdS had no place on a football field. It didn’t fit, it didn’t “jive”.

Appeal to a broader audience? F that. Audience schmaudience. The people they were trying “appeal to” (IF that’s what they were even doing) weren’t even watching the telecast, so why waste everyone else’s time.

On the subject of half-time, I thought it was funny how everyone got all upset about Janet’s boob a few years ago, but I haven’t heard a lick about Prince holding his guitar out in front of him at crotch level in obvious phallic posturing.[/quote]

I agree. CdS is fascinating. Incredible feats of strength and balance. However, it has no place in a football setting.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
HATED it!

snap!

Mufasa[/quote]

Good one! LOL!

Three snaps in a Z formation.

Nothing gets me pumped for a football game like a man in mime makeup riding a giant flamengo.

Giant butterflies! Let’s get ready to rumble.