Subq vs IM Injections

Close; it’s an M235i I’m slowly turning into a track car

1 Like

One of my dream cars man, really nice! I used to have a 135…many years before that an S54 LSB M Coupe too

1 Like

I love those 1-series cars. How was the M Coupe? I chose the 2 series with the N55 since it was pretty easy to upgrade myself. Been a lot of fun so far

1 Like

I miss it man - a lady high on methadone came around a turn on the wrong side and hit me. Swerved into a lawn to avoid her, but she still drilled the side. Pic:
2199_515110418079_5316_n

I went N55 for a little better reliability. I would’ve done N54 if I had a real garage and all that to work on it.

2 Likes
  1. 4-8 weeks. Took 8 for me.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. No need to aspirate

Tip: 28-30g 1/2 inch needle 1CC insulin syringes in the delts. Inject slow, once injected leave syringe inserted for 5-10 secs, pull out halfway and leave it there for another few seconds before pulling out completely. Helps keep from creating a plunger effect that pulls the medication back out from the hole. Once done gently massage the area with little to no pressure for a couple secs.

Awww man what a shame

I had a e60 550i once. Never again.

Ha yeah those were not known to be very reliable engines. It’s it or miss with BMW sometimes

Try buying a high mileage one as your first bmw. In other news, I have several hundred thousand views on one of the bmw forums showing all the work I did to it :laughing:

2 Likes

I was prescribed .25 QUBQ, 2x a week. I want to consider going IM as well as others on here. I will probably try delt since I have a 1/2 inch 27G needle. Anybody have a video that would be good instructions for this?

But before I do this, I was told that IM is much quicker, which means it doesn’t last as long. Any truth to this? Also, what does aspirate mean?

@swoops39 I started with older Audis…learned all about German reliability there lol. BMWs have been a treat by comparison.

2 Likes

You can look up Nelson Virgil for a video on pinning delts I believe.

Aspirate means to pull back on the plunger while the needle is where you want it in your muscle. You look for blood filling the syringe. If blood fills the syringe it means you are likely in a vein, and need to not inject there.

I have heard aspiration is not required for delt injections with 1/2 needles as it is too shallow. Not sure if true.

Guys who inject into delts (or anywhere) with 1/2" needles, I assume you stick it all the way in?

I just started delts, and I go all the way. Not sure about others.

1 Like

Thanks…are there any real downsides to IM aside from discomfort?

I inject all the way in with delts. I personally had more discomfort with sub than I do with IM.

I have pinned delts twice so far. One hurt pretty bad (the day after, the actual pin was fine), the other nothing.

I thought I had a hernia for a bit with SubQ. It was just a painful lump. Pros and Cons for both. I have heard levels are higher with IM, and if is true, I want the most kick I can get out of the test.

1 Like

This is part of why I’m interested in trying it.

For the last 2-3 months, my levels have been lower than they were before. Waiting on recent bloodwork but I used to hit 1200 off of 200mg/week, and now closer to 700-800.

It is the biggest pro (higher levels). You may have gotten a bad batch. Even pharma grade test varies by +/- ~20% IIRC.

I am not super convinced on the IM producing higher levels than SubQ. However, many say it does. Sometimes anecdotal evidence is the best we got.

1 Like

Bad batch was my first thought. It’s from Empower, FWIW. I’ve had great success with them, and I know that bad batches are rare in general, so didn’t want to start a whole ordeal here hurting their business. I know they’ve got a great reputation, it’s not some shitty generic.

To clarify: I doubt it’s a bad batch - I’m yet to encounter one of those with any medication I’ve taken in my life.

Some guys over on EM say they could tell within days once they switched to IM from SQ. Couldn’t hurt to try I suppose.