Steroids: Why or Why Not?

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
I think there is too much of a steroid stigma-
Rightfully so might I add since some simply know not how to properly garnish the power.of PEDs.

I believe in personal preference. I believe you have ability to chose whether or not AAS fits your goal whether its appearance, strength, or a combination of both. AAS works tremendously for the committed.

Some.suggest that AAS takes out guesswork for extremely obese or frail but, I don’t think it is quite that simple.

The stigma comes in part not by personal experience but, by lobbies and agendas, and misrepresented details;

Roid Rage, describe who may had deep seated wrath long before the comprehension of anabolics. Not to mention, pre existing health issues steming from pre steroid use
Alot of ‘experts’ against anabolic steroids, already have a stern hell no against it have a biased view obviously.

Ill say this, if you’re serious about your mission in bodybuilding, by all means research the chemicals you ingest and tread with care (bloods, pcts, anchilaries, ect ). If you don’t wanna take them then that’s your prerogative.
People are so fearful of this powerful thing, I can’t even compare the amount of DWIs, Homicides, suicides, violent accidents occur while consuming alcohol and recreational drugs yet, steroids are villified.[/quote]

indeed

Injections probably shouldn’t hurt,
UGLs don’t ALWAYS means you’re injecting poisonous cooking oil,
Be aware that the human body loves balance,
Don’t go overboard try to find a happy median and what works for you.
Don’t do other guys cycle,
If you feel so angry that you can go into a blind murderous rage, you may need Dr. Phil, not Dr. Norton.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
There is ignorance on both sides, natty or not.

Got to say though, it’s really irritating to see people use because of impatience - those who seem to think they need them before getting the basics right first. You see this all the time; people who’ve only trained for 3 months suddenly feel they need extra “help”. So many ignorant people are flippant and associate steroids with muscle gains as if they’re just some protein powder. It seems there more like this than not, which is unfortunate for those who’ve put the time/research in.[/quote]

I fail to see how this is irritating to you? Maybe not smart on their part sure, but irritating to you? Cause they make faster progress than you? Plz explain this[/quote]
Yea I don’t get that… I have been researching it for years and asking many different people for advice about it… still haven’t taken the plunge yet because I want to get closer to my natural limit before I try…

For the most part this has been an absolute great read. I’m 37 and only now have considered the use of AAS. Im still progressing, especially in terms of strength but at this point, it seems like the next level to take. Then on the other hand, while this is a passion, it is not my livelihood and will never get paid for it, but besides from the joy my family and some friends bring me, nothing makes me happier than gains in the gym. I dont look at it as a shortcut, as I have been at it long enough (Over 10 years, though admittedly the first 5 I had no idea what I was doing) I simply look at it as the next step.

My main worries are the dependence aspect of it, more specifically will I ever want to get off? The emotional aspect, as I have dealt with psychological issues my whole life (i.e. depression). This is my main stumbling block and probably the main reason when AAS is at arms length I back off, I cant put my wife through any more shit with regards to my head issues. I also would be lying if I was not worried about the other side effects that are accompanied by AAS use, while it is possibly overblown its still there. Anyways this was/is a very good thread

People are so fearful of this powerful thing, I can’t even compare the amount of DWIs, Homicides, suicides, violent accidents occur while consuming alcohol and recreational drugs yet, steroids are villified.[/quote]

What does this have to do with anything? Drugs like heroin or meth aren’t villified? The number of people using alcohol compared to AAS isn’t even close anyway. Most people can drink just fine with no negative effects at all other than a hangover.

I absolutely do believe tren rage exists. There’s just way too many stories out there. Maybe not from just running test, but yeah it depends on what you’re running.

[quote]willden wrote:

What does this have to do with anything? Drugs like heroin or meth aren’t villified? The number of people using alcohol compared to AAS isn’t even close anyway. Most people can drink just fine with no negative effects at all other than a hangover.

I absolutely do believe tren rage exists. There’s just way too many stories out there. Maybe not from just running test, but yeah it depends on what you’re running. [/quote]

No one mentioned hardcore drugs.

And proportionate to the number of people who use alcohol regularly, im sure it has caused faaar more problems than steroids.

Less people die in steroid related incidents than in shark attacks each year. That sounds pretty safe to me. Sure there are sides, but theres enough knowledge and other medication/supplements out there to minimize them to the point of being negligible in most cases.

In general, steroids at least have the advantage of not being completely mood-altering and impairing your ability to make smart choices.

Homicides due to alcohol? Yeah drinking makes you commit murder lol right.

And people HAVE died from bodybuilding drugs- DNP or insulin for example. Not to mention who knows if people have died because of heart hypertrophy causing a heart attack from something like clen.

[quote]willden wrote:

I absolutely do believe tren rage exists. There’s just way too many stories out there. Maybe not from just running test, but yeah it depends on what you’re running. [/quote]
irony

[quote]willden wrote:

And people HAVE died from bodybuilding drugs- DNP or insulin for example. Not to mention who knows if people have died because of heart hypertrophy causing a heart attack from something like clen.[/quote]

when did homicide come up?

why don’t you just…go away wilden?

Maybe if you were capable of reading at a 5th grade reading level you’d have seen that it was brought up with regards to alcohol. Not that alcohol has anything to do with anything, but people love to use that stupid straw man argument.

And I love how you pretend to be an authority on AAS. This is the same dumbass who said prop is a superior test to enth.

k thx bye

[quote]willden wrote:
Maybe if you were capable of reading at a 5th grade reading level you’d have seen that it was brought up with regards to alcohol. Not that alcohol has anything to do with anything, but people love to use that stupid straw man argument.

And I love how you pretend to be an authority on AAS. This is the same dumbass who said prop is a superior test to enth.

k thx bye[/quote]

he actually said alcohol AND recreational drugs mr. reading comprehension.

also, I said that test prop is superior to test enth only because it contains more hormone per 100mg, which is correct.

once again, you are an insufferable idiot.

P.S. why do you keep bringing up posts of mine that are years old? all that work for nothing?

[quote]willden wrote:
[/quote]

Yes. I personally have seen murder and dozens of deaths/severe injuries due to alcohol.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
For the most part this has been an absolute great read. I’m 37 and only now have considered the use of AAS. Im still progressing, especially in terms of strength but at this point, it seems like the next level to take. Then on the other hand, while this is a passion, it is not my livelihood and will never get paid for it, but besides from the joy my family and some friends bring me, nothing makes me happier than gains in the gym. I dont look at it as a shortcut, as I have been at it long enough (Over 10 years, though admittedly the first 5 I had no idea what I was doing) I simply look at it as the next step.

My main worries are the dependence aspect of it, more specifically will I ever want to get off? The emotional aspect, as I have dealt with psychological issues my whole life (i.e. depression). This is my main stumbling block and probably the main reason when AAS is at arms length I back off, I cant put my wife through any more shit with regards to my head issues. I also would be lying if I was not worried about the other side effects that are accompanied by AAS use, while it is possibly overblown its still there. Anyways this was/is a very good thread[/quote]

You bring up alot of good points. The times I have considered it I was going to take the Caveman approach. Do 1 or 2 low/moderate dose controlled cycles a year. Problem is that I have problems with addiction and substance abuse in the past so AAS like any drug is basically 100% off limits for me.

Kind of what prompted my question to Walkway. Most of the guys I know who use, claim they are not addicted, but use year round and have no planned ‘out’ so to speak. Big red flag for a guy like me with depency issues.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

My main worries are the dependence aspect of it, more specifically will I ever want to get off? The emotional aspect, as I have dealt with psychological issues my whole life (i.e. depression). This is my main stumbling block and probably the main reason when AAS is at arms length I back off, I cant put my wife through any more shit with regards to my head issues. I also would be lying if I was not worried about the other side effects that are accompanied by AAS use, while it is possibly overblown its still there. Anyways this was/is a very good thread[/quote]

You bring up alot of good points. The times I have considered it I was going to take the Caveman approach. Do 1 or 2 low/moderate dose controlled cycles a year. Problem is that I have problems with addiction and substance abuse in the past so AAS like any drug is basically 100% off limits for me.

Kind of what prompted my question to Walkway. Most of the guys I know who use, claim they are not addicted, but use year round and have no planned ‘out’ so to speak. Big red flag for a guy like me with depency issues. [/quote]

I am addicted yes. I’ve never done another drug in my life however, and I haven’t consumed alcohol in 7 years.

I’ve given away all the bottles of painkillers i received after my numerous oral surgeries for example…

I have an addictive personality as well, but I believe aas is justifiable

i did take them for lifting i am not proud of it . they are a shortcut . . lost of hair water retention . incresed libido . as to be painful almost . you lose your dignity a bit on them . . they are fast results producing though . dont need to wait much. the posology remains arbitrary to me though .

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Kind of what prompted my question to Walkway. Most of the guys I know who use, claim they are not addicted, but use year round and have no planned ‘out’ so to speak. Big red flag for a guy like me with depency issues. [/quote]

Feel the same way, what I tell myself is that I would cycle twice a year…but if I am honest with myself, will I? Will I be willing to lose some of the progress I had while on cycle, probably not, which may lead to making my life more complicated than it needs to be…but damn I am very very tempted.

[quote]willden wrote:

And people HAVE died from bodybuilding drugs- DNP or insulin for example. Not to mention who knows if people have died because of heart hypertrophy causing a heart attack from something like clen.[/quote]
intoxication manslaughter… they have a name for that… and you can’t tell me more than a few fights have gone to far due to the people involved having been drunk…

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

I am addicted yes. I’ve never done another drug in my life however, and I haven’t consumed alcohol in 7 years.

I’ve given away all the bottles of painkillers i received after my numerous oral surgeries for example…

I have an addictive personality as well, but I believe aas is justifiable [/quote]

Didnt mean to make it sound like I was labeling you as addicted. Just trying to say that I know alot of people who never plan to be off or stop, which freaks me out since I have had my issues with addiction. Having an addictive personality is much different than actually having an addiction that breeds a phyiscal and mental dependancy.

To echo what Matt said, AAS is the Dark Side of the force for me and I know it. There would be no going back and ill admit most likely abuse.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Feel the same way, what I tell myself is that I would cycle twice a year…but if I am honest with myself, will I? Will I be willing to lose some of the progress I had while on cycle, probably not, which may lead to making my life more complicated than it needs to be…but damn I am very very tempted.
[/quote]

Yeah man. Getting a taste would never be enough to fill the apetite.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]willden wrote:

No one mentioned hardcore drugs.

And proportionate to the number of people who use alcohol regularly, im sure it has caused faaar more problems than steroids.

Less people die in steroid related incidents than in shark attacks each year. That sounds pretty safe to me. Sure there are sides, but theres enough knowledge and other medication/supplements out there to minimize them to the point of being negligible in most cases.

In general, steroids at least have the advantage of not being completely mood-altering and impairing your ability to make smart choices. [/quote]
Yea I am with you, there are so many prescription medications that cause so many problems… What if an overweight person wanted to take some kind of test to boost the weight loss? Would it be more or less dangerous than being over weight? My opinion is and always will be if it helps you lose weight the government will ban it… drink up, alcohol is safe!! so safe most people drink in a bar and drive home…