Squat Form Check, Drifitng Back Out of Hole

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]chris_ottawa wrote:
“hard pipe hittin niggaz” = crackheads.
“Hittin the pipe” means you are smoking crack.[/quote]

umm, again you aren’t “in the know” but I won’t hold that against you.

[quote]chris_ottawa wrote:

For an old school multi ply lifter who’s into “Military & tactical shit”, you’re very sensitive…[/quote]

Negative. I took ZERO issue with what you wrote. You however came back quoting me and I rebutted. You keep carping on about “light weight”. I never said light I said lighter. One cannot perform very many near maximal lifts so they would not get much opportunity to get the reps in required to relearn the movement patters and to “unlearn” bad habits. You CAN do this with lighter weights. By “lighter” I Mean sets of 3-5 in the 80-90% 1RM range. Squat variations can sometimes correct technical deficiencies but performing the full squat generally is much better. I have given my 2 cents to HALDOR in regards to specific things that I have seen in his videos. He doesn’t need a total makeover. He has issue with driving the hips thru, which is a fuction of glute strength and I suggested accessory movements to help with that.
Look, I can appreciate that you have got the iron bug. It’s obvious that you are new to the PL game and this is may first forum discussing Pl and you want everyone to know how much you love this stuff. You’re a reformed gym rat all jazzed about it. Good for you, I love guys like you. Welcome to The Dark Side. I’ve seen your other posts and you’re trying to learn the game. Keep in mind there are those of us who have been in the game a long time and while some toss out theory and all that stuff what often works for 98% of the people is going back to basics. Your zeal is intoxicating and your name is all over this board. I’ve seen a thousand guys like you pop in and out of this forum and many like it. Give your advice and let the OP decide if it will work for him / her and don’t quote others and say you disagree with them. It ads nothing to the convo but starts shit.

Good luck with your lifting.

SD[/quote]
You know what, it looks like we just had a bit of a misunderstanding. If you see my first reply to your comment, I was trying to be as respectful as possible. There is no question that he shouldn’t be attempting 1rm’s every day, that’s just ridiculous. Even with daily maxing you don’t go for an all out max unless you are attempting a PR, I was only referring to my own experience and not advising him to do it. When you say 80-90% that sounds much more reasonable, I would even go as low as 75%. But the intention of my post was to tell him that he would need a lot more volume with those kinds of weights than any near-max work, I wasn’t sure how much weight you were talking about in the first place. So overall, I agree with your advice but I wouldn’t count out any variations either.

About the pipe hitting thing, that’s the first time I heard of that. I don’t know what Quentin Tarantino really meant with that line, but you could be right. In the neighborhood where I used to live, people come up to you and ask if you have any “food”, and they’re not hungry. When I hear about hitting the pipe there’s only one thing that comes to mind. Anyways…

Best Regards.

I still stand by what I said. I’m not apologizing for defending my ideas or defending other people’s right to state theirs. You assume you are the only one not talking out their ass and I don’t give two shits as to what “hard pipe hittin” even means. When I say I “think” it’s my polite way of saying what I believe is best to be done, I don’t have to prove myself on a forum by talking shit, and acting like my way is the only way.