Snapper's Strength Sojourn

the guy behind the bar is louie simmons … I am too his right.
I know the 220 you are talking about and he is an excellent lifter. If you get to lift with him you are in good hands.

yes i am very proud of them since it was there first meet we under preformed as well which is good for next time.

i look forward too seeing your videos

here is a clip from a couple years ago me at my strongest

[quote]squat1000b700 wrote:

This is really fun this is one of my first real meets I was at helping out. this is chuck v squatting 1000 for the first time in 2001 at 220 … Which at the time was insain. I am helping spot him I am standing to his right. Funny thing is after the squat he turns and I raise my arms (the video cuts out early). He is so excited he punches me in the face knocking out two teeth lol and carries me into the crowd … Goodtimes
[/quote]

hahahahah no way!!! did ur teeth fly out??? sick! hahaha

Your rack pulls are wildly impressive, Jim. You are a beast. BTW, were you able to save the teeth?

I took some physique photos yesterday, but I ended up looking like a scrawny 13-year-old boy in them. Maybe because I do, except for the ponytail(s).

Today’s training:

Squat
8/45
5/65
5/80
3/95
3/110
2/125
1/135
1/135 (in DL suit)
1/150 (in DL suit, straps up and knee wraps)
3/160 " "
3/165 " "
3/170 " "
3/205 (with bands from top, which means I’m only holding the full weight at liftoff and lockout)
3/220 " "
3/235 " "

Good Mornings
8/65
3/8/85

Hamstring Curl Machine
3/8/80

Reverse Hypers with 12.5-lb DB between feet, pause at top
3/8/12.5

Still trying to learn how to “bounce” out of the hole in squat. Also, unracking and walking the bar out with big weight (relative term, I know) is extremely hard for me . . . Still trying to trick the brain into thinking: “this isn’t that heavy” when I lift off.

K !!! How terrific to see you here! It looks like you’ve had a good welcome. I’ve been crazy busy lately so I just came by.

Everyone, kpsnap has awesome depth on the squat. She just drops into it.

It’s great to have you here.
:slight_smile:

[quote]dejavued wrote:

[quote]squat1000b700 wrote:

This is really fun this is one of my first real meets I was at helping out. this is chuck v squatting 1000 for the first time in 2001 at 220 … Which at the time was insain. I am helping spot him I am standing to his right. Funny thing is after the squat he turns and I raise my arms (the video cuts out early). He is so excited he punches me in the face knocking out two teeth lol and carries me into the crowd … Goodtimes
[/quote]

hahahahah no way!!! did ur teeth fly out??? sick! hahaha[/quote]

yup one piece stayed in my mouth and the other flew out never too be seen again. I worked the rest of the day. When I got
home i went to the local dentail school and got them capped. (I was dirt poor at the time) So one of these days I will go in an get some work done. For now it is all good. I joke around with chuck about it just about everytime i see help. He is a super good guy and we have fun with it.

It’s funny all my years of playing hockey in Canada I never lost a tooth (majority of hockey players are missing teeth) I had to go to powerlifting meet to get
some teeth knocked out.

Jim

Super funny they got knocked out by being punched at a powerlifitng meet!

My son plays hockey . . . teeth are still intact. Getting braces this month, in fact. Maybe I should wait?

Glad to hear from you, Arachne. How is the training? Still planning to do the March meet?

hi miss snapper:

Hockey is not so bad anymore they all where helmits with face sheilds now and mouth pieces. Most of the teeth loss (back in the day) occurrd in street games.

I’m glad your son is playing
hockey it is an awesome sport … Expensive but awesome.

What other sports does he play ?

Jim

K, awesome squat! Can I call out for a vid? Would love to see your form.

Could you all please address me as “Miss Snapper” as Jim does?

Okay, Masch. I will work on the video. I think my files are too large, though, since I don’t have software installed on my computer to reduce the file size.

To answer Jim’s question: In addition to hockey, my son also runs and bikes. My daughter is a gymnast.

Today’s training:

Bench
7/60 (pause)
5/65 (speed)
4/75 (touch and go)
2/80 (pause)
1/85 (pause)
2/85 (to board in shirt)
2/90 " "
3/95 (to chest in shirt)
3/100 " "
3/105 " " (I believe my coach “helped” on the last rep. He won’t admit it. He knows how I pout.)
5/115 (to board in cage with bands from top)
3/5/135 " "

Bentover Barbell Row
3/10/65

Tricep Overhead Rope Extension
2/8/85
1/6/85 (was supposed to be another set of 8 reps . . .)

Warmup Squat Set . . .

Sorry. It’s sideways.

Hi Karen,
I haven’t signed up yet, but it’s still my intention. I seem to remember an early deadline. I better check quick. Lovely squat! Now you’re in the club. Video is mandatory. :slight_smile:

You never mentioned what you deadlift. I am pleased to see your number and will try to catch you asap.
See you soon.

You have until March 5 to sign up, Arachne. This meet is combined with the high school state meet. Those high schoolers will have to squat to depth!

Heading off to deadlift . . . Must stay ahead of Arachne. Must stay ahead of Arachne.

Today’s training:

Deadlift
5/115 (DL suit with straps down)
5/135 " "
3/155 " "
2/185 " "
1/200 (DL suit with straps up and belt)
1/215 " "
1/230 " "
2/5/175 (DL suit with straps down)

Chinups
3/10

Seated Row (wide handle)
8/60
3/8/70

10 Chinups! I covet your chinup ability!

What RBlue said. 3 x 10 unassisted chinups is big.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Warmup Squat Set . . .

Sorry. It’s sideways.[/quote]

Miss “snapper”

Very impressive !!! You my dear have been very well coached

Try and be more explosive on warm up sets (bring the hips hard) it will pay off big time with the bigger weights

Jim

Thanks for the compliment, Jim. Do you mean to squeeze my glutes hard at the top? I know I need to work on explosiveness with all of my lifts.

RBlue and Kimba: Regarding the chins, my coach holds my feet to help target the back muscles more. I try not to push into his hands at all. HOWEVER, I can do ten unassisted chins. But three sets might look more like: 10, 8, 8. I will do them unaided next week and report back.

Yesterday’s training:

Power Cleans
8/45
6/55
3/6/65

Overhead Barbell Push Presses (explosive)
3/5/65

A) Straight Bar Low-Cable Bicep Curls
3/5/65

B) Tricep Cable Pushdown
3/5/100

C) Straight Bar Straight Arm Cable Pushdown
3/5/75

D) Seated DB Military Press
2/8/25 (didn’t complete a third set . . . extremely sore rotator cuff)

E) Decline Bench Situps
3/20

Saw Gov’t Mule last night. Two nights of dancing in a row. I’ll call my cardio good for the week.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
What RBlue said. 3 x 10 unassisted chinups is big.[/quote]

It’s superwoman big.

Yes bring the hips … Come up out of the hole like you are going to jump into the air. This starts with the bar.

Well I hope this helps and I hope u have a great day

Back to brunch :). (the brunch I am at has London broil as part of the buffet yummie I
might just stay here all day)

Jim

Squat form looks great! The chins? Incredible.

Good stuff woman!