Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Better than a chiro?

I used to see a chiro a few years back (for a couple of years). The chiro was always very good at adjusting my spine and neck but I always felt like they did the same adjustments no matter how I felt or where I was stiff. With the osteo I get a full 30 mins which includes massage and manipulation and is more specific to where I am tight. Both make me feel better after but I prefer the osteo.

1 Like

Yeah I’m starting to feel like that now,
I’ts the same adjustment regardless of whats tight.

Maybe search out a local osteo and give them a shot. You can always speak to them first and see what experience they have of treating what type of pain or problem to have and also if they are used treating sports people or weight lifters.

1 Like

What’s the difference between an osteo and chiro? They sound the same to me.

I have two chiropractors that I’ll visit. One does ART (active release technique) which is tissue work. The other does dry needling. Both adjust me afterwards.

The ART is mostly the pin and stretch work. Find a tight muscle, put it in the relaxed/shortened state, press down on it, then stretch it. Sometimes it feels good. Sometimes it doesn’t.

Your description of osteo and chiro just sound like the difference between a good and bad chiro here.

I think I am having déjà vu, I am sure we had this conversation before !! There is deff a difference over here. Chiro tends to only do adjustments, they may involve a small amount of massage to loosen you up but an appointment is usually short, circa 15 mins and is just adjustment. An osteo also do manipulation but this is done through massage, body positioning and stretching as you described above. Then here we have physio which deal more with muscle sprains strains and will also do dry needling, massage, electro therapy etc. I guess is doesn’t matter what they are called, they are all witch doctors!!

1 Like

We don’t have osteos here. I guess the chiropractors have just expanded their skill set to improve business. I like it because I get more treatment for the same copay.

That would explain it, over here they seperate it as it is another service you can add to your health insurance extras!! It’s always about the money man.

We don’t have those choices but my insurance decided chiropractors are a specialty service so the copay doubled from $25 to $50 in 2017. I definitely don’t go as often now.

Jerks. With chiros adding these new services it’s beneficial to go as prehab or routine maintenance. I used to have a standing appointment every two weeks. I always had something that hurt that needed attention. Now I typically limit my visits to when I’m out of alignment and in pain.

This is me, I should go more often but tend to forget until I’m all jacked up and then go a bunch of times. … not too clever !

1 Like

@mortdk @Frank_C @losthog @Irishman92 @duketheslaya @MarkKO @littlesleeper @I_Luc @bulldog9899 @muskratlifts and all the others I have forgot who check in here.
I want to say thanks, the support, positivity and williness to share ideas and give encouragement on here is amazing. It is so different from the narcissistic self indulged side of gym life. When you train at home alone it is sometimes hard to keep motivated, but with all you guys sharing your progress and smashing out PR’s it is easy to stay on track and work harder. Keep up the hard work boys and keep staying positive. I am glad to call you all friends, even if you are virtual.

14 Likes

Cheers :beers:

It is a good community, and who knows maybe one day we can clang glasses in real life!

6 Likes

Totally agree man. I’m lucky currently working out with my son, but it won’t last forever. I’ll either need to find a gym buddy or buy enough crap to have a home gym and lure someone into my private dungeon.

1 Like

thank%20you

2 Likes

Cheers Simo :beer: I think it’s awesome that there is someone behind the computer screen on the other side of the world who is trying hard to improve himself, just like me. Thanks for the nice words man. Means a great deal to me

2 Likes

Thanks mate

1 Like

@painter27 @anon96032531 sorry guys missed you from above.

3 Likes

It’s alright *wipes tear from eye. It’s not like it I care that you forgot about me…

Lol seriously though, How great is T Nation.
I’ll definitely hit you up for a thick shake next time I’m in Melbourne :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks mate, if you ever find your travels anywhere near sydney, Im more then happy to catch up and have a drink
Come to think about it, ill be in melbourne next march for the arnolds so paths may cross there!

1 Like

I completely agree and appreciate the tag. Great group of folks on here who definitely inspire me to not skip a workout. I did not take training nearly as seriously as I do now until I started becoming active on these forums.

2 Likes