Shrimp Becoming a Lobster

and something to think about for today.

I love back days…because they mean I get to do pushups :slight_smile: <3 it

I hate when life happens and you have to change plans. Yesterday I got home late from work and had to go to a work thing just 2 hrs after I got home so I had no time to train :frowning: That ment double trouble today (that I like, I always love training during weekends).

sets x reps

Bike 20 minutes warm up

Bent over BB row 3 x 30 super set (ss) with 1minute plank each time
bent over DB row 4 x 10 each arm (ss) with bench crunches
seated Pulldown 3 x 10
wide grip cable row 3 x 10
standing cable lat pulldown single arm 3 x 10
standing cable lat lat pulldown 3 x 10 (ss) with hanging leg raises 3 x 12
Abdominal machine 5 x 10 (heavy!) (ss) with back extensions 5 x 10 (heavy!)
Bearcrawls 6 x 30yrds
sprints 10 x 40yrds (not on treadmeal: the real deal!)
knealing cable crunches 3 x 10 (heavy!)

Bike (interval) for 20 minutes

stretching :slight_smile: and shower! :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

p.s.
cant belive I forgot to do my push-ups :frowning: booo

Well what is a log with out pictures (note to self take a class in how to pose like those ladys do, I can only bring my shoulders and back out when I do it in front of a mirror…for some reason its harder when you have someone taking a picture for you…I felt super silly)

february 2nd 2012
bodyfat: 19,5%
weight: 64kg

and then the front and back…

im not as brave as some of you lady’s to show my face :wink:

Looking good! I like the feel of this log. You have a great sense of humor :slight_smile:

you are ridiculously strong. ill be following along!

BOOB’S training today!

warmup:
20 minutes on stationary bike

Incline DB bench:
1 x 10 x 12kg
1 x 10 x 16kg
3 x 8 x 20kg

Decline BB bench;:
1 x 10 x 20kg
1 x 10 x 30kg
1 x 8 x 40kg
1 x 8 x 45kg
1 x 8 x 50kg

Hanging leg raises:
3 x 12

Chest cable fly:
1 x 10 x 5kg
1 x 10 x 7,5kg
2 x 10 x 10kg
1 x 10 x 5kg (higher on the chest

Sprints on da Parket at the gym:
6 x 30yards

Sprints on the tredmill:
5 x 20 sec at 18km incline 2

pushups with legs elevated on a box:
3 x 10

Stationary bike:
10 minutes ranging from 5-8-10-12 at 100mph

Coach feedback:
Take out all dairy from my diet, increase protein to 30gr per meal. Bought everything today and the game is on! HOOOOOOT …

Why I do sprints…

Leg development, I want a hammie that is razor sharp! Kick ass delts and abs on the sides… yummmyness

Lookin’ good!

I dropped dairy from my diet and it made a huge difference in my tummy. Now I only use Silk coconut milk in my protein shakes. No more bloating.

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:
Lookin’ good!

I dropped dairy from my diet and it made a huge difference in my tummy. Now I only use Silk coconut milk in my protein shakes. No more bloating. [/quote]

I agree with the dairy, it also makes me very bloated. Yummm coconut milk or even water sound ymmy in protein shakes! But ther is a catch, coach has me currently not taking any suppliments :confused: I take BCAA and GLutamine and vitamins but thats all I get to take. He wants me to eat food, and to get 30gr of protein in every meal…I’LL be honest, im struggling a bit. But putting together a menu that I will start following around/during the weekend :slight_smile:

yesterday: LEGS

20 minutes bike

Stiff leg dl
1 x 10 x 10kg
1 x 10 x 30kg
1 x 10 x 40kg
1 x 10 x 45kg
1 x 10 x 50kg
1 x 10 x 60kg

Squats
4 x 10 x 40kg

1 x 10box jumps (sit with box inbetween my legs and jump up)
1 x 1 minute plank
1 x 20 x ski bench jumps(side to side up to a bench)
1 x 1 minute plank
1 x 20 x ski bench jumps
1 x 1 minute plank
1 x 20 x ski bench jumps

6 x 30 yards bear crawl sprints with a 20kg plate…damn I love those!

5 minutes cool down on a treadmill

I was pressed for time since I was going out to dinner with some friends :slight_smile: Can you say Lobster Pizza? Damn I am making the most of these days leading up to the diet starting this weekend !

today is shoulders :slight_smile:

at 1 minute in this vide you can see bear crawl variations, i do mine pushing a plate :slight_smile:

shoulder training = Pulled a muscle (trapezeus)… enough said… :frowning: boo
borrowed a cooling spray, sprayed the heck out of it, but no resaults, training was little to none, since I pulled it in my 4th set of shoulder press and the first heavy one when I was cleaning the bar up. Well tomorrow I got ass training, so resting and cooling it tonight and this weekend. Monday is the start of a diet thats at 1500cals, seeing how that works and just go from there :slight_smile:

the truth always appears very simple

[quote]babyshrimp wrote:
shoulder training = Pulled a muscle (trapezeus)… enough said… :frowning: boo
borrowed a cooling spray, sprayed the heck out of it, but no resaults, training was little to none, since I pulled it in my 4th set of shoulder press and the first heavy one when I was cleaning the bar up. Well tomorrow I got ass training, so resting and cooling it tonight and this weekend. Monday is the start of a diet thats at 1500cals, seeing how that works and just go from there :)[/quote]

So sorry to hear this. Hope you recover quickly.

Could be levator rather than trap. That’s the one that tends to go for me and it’s painful for a day or two then goes away. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for the bear crawl vid. I have my kids do those (I’m a PE teacher - I don’t have children of my own) and it’s nice to see some different ways of doing them. I tried to get them doing bear crawls while pushing a ball but they couldn’t really handle it. I think the ball is too light.

Those are some mighty impressive numbers! I’ll be following this thread!

Why did you leave powerlifting? At your body weight, a 220-lb. bench would probably have won a national title in my federation. I can’t imagine walking away from a sport in which I had so much talent.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Could be levator rather than trap. That’s the one that tends to go for me and it’s painful for a day or two then goes away. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for the bear crawl vid. I have my kids do those (I’m a PE teacher - I don’t have children of my own) and it’s nice to see some different ways of doing them. I tried to get them doing bear crawls while pushing a ball but they couldn’t really handle it. I think the ball is too light.[/quote]

Yeah could be, i still feel it in my neck, didnt train yesterday nor this weekend but today I will head back in since I started the diet and since im going nuts with out going. Plus I once heard that “You must training!” I think it was Zydrunas Savickas that said that… And I have a rule, always listen to people bigger than you!

Im also a PE teacher, I had never thought about having bearcrawls in my class, Ive done loads of tabata conditioning stuff for the older ones but that gives me a whole new idea :slight_smile: thank you! But your right a ball is prob too light, maybe a sack of sand, if its hard wood floor… hummm…

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Why did you leave powerlifting? At your body weight, a 220-lb. bench would probably have won a national title in my federation. I can’t imagine walking away from a sport in which I had so much talent.[/quote]

Well the reason I left powerflifting (at least for a little while, never say never!) was that I tore a ligament in my knee, beeing raised with the mentality "if your body aint hurting, your not training hard enough! I ignored it wraped my kneeses and kept lifting as heavy as I could for a few weeks. Then it became unberable and it resaulted in cartalige damage, crooked patella that holds on to every drop of liquid it can! wooo hoo… so 1 year of therapy over took my life. Well then I guess I could have kept on doing bench only but what is powerlifting with out squats and dl? im not sure I could do it (well I could, but not sure i want to though) but I will see. I havent totally abandoned the world of powerlifting, I still love it, and Im sure one day I will do it again :slight_smile:

I did get some titles, and records under my belt both in my country and internationally for Jr. and open class, but my 1st year in the open class I busted my knee (2010) During highland games, so at least the exit was a fun one!