Should I Take Creatine Or No?

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
I guess I kind of take the opposite stance here; since creatine is so cheap and safe, it’d be worth it to use it for the first few months while you get things dialed in, then try dropping it for a little bit to see if it affects a performance drop. I obviously wouldn’t take this stance on most things since there’s some danger associated with a lot of supplements and most are fairly expensive. There’s also enough science behind creatine at this point that it’s a no-brainer sup if you’re a responder. The water weight gain is a good indicator that you’re a responder as well, so you can usually tell in the first week or so; if it doesn’t work, just sell it to a buddy for $10 or whatnot.

I’m also taking the guy on his word that he’s done some decent reading on training since I’d learned enough to put together a decent program at his age, too. It looks to me like he’s just getting defensive when others are attacking him; his writing style and verbiage looks pretty intelligent though.

-Dan[/quote]

So, you want a 125lbs beginner to take creatine, stop taking it after some time, and then discern the effects? This kid is a BEGINNER! He wouldn’t know shit about how his body works with or without it. Beginner gains would also skew any results of this “experiment” you just suggested. This kid didn’t say he had done some “decent reading AND training”. He wrote that he has read a lot. This is somehow supposed to take the place of years of training.

I am just laughing because I know out of all of the advice he gets, he will listen to the one guy who says he needs to use creatine now. There is no way a 125lbs kid who thinks reading equals training should be using anything but food and weights. Perhaps a multivitamin can be thrown in for good measure.

What the fuck are you all talking about? I just said I didn’t mean the “smarter” thing but I was just frustarated. I am actually very thanful for what you guys are all telling me, but I guess someone as “stupid” as I am would have no way of processing that information. I never once said I haven’t been going to the gym, I actually lift 3 times per week and also do cardio and basketball training.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:
I guess I kind of take the opposite stance here; since creatine is so cheap and safe, it’d be worth it to use it for the first few months while you get things dialed in, then try dropping it for a little bit to see if it affects a performance drop. I obviously wouldn’t take this stance on most things since there’s some danger associated with a lot of supplements and most are fairly expensive. There’s also enough science behind creatine at this point that it’s a no-brainer sup if you’re a responder. The water weight gain is a good indicator that you’re a responder as well, so you can usually tell in the first week or so; if it doesn’t work, just sell it to a buddy for $10 or whatnot.

I’m also taking the guy on his word that he’s done some decent reading on training since I’d learned enough to put together a decent program at his age, too. It looks to me like he’s just getting defensive when others are attacking him; his writing style and verbiage looks pretty intelligent though.

-Dan

So, you want a 125lbs beginner to take creatine, stop taking it after some time, and then discern the effects? This kid is a BEGINNER! He wouldn’t know shit about how his body works with or without it. Beginner gains would also skew any results of this “experiment” you just suggested. This kid didn’t say he had done some “decent reading AND training”. He wrote that he has read a lot. This is somehow supposed to take the place of years of training.

I am just laughing because I know out of all of the advice he gets, he will listen to the one guy who says he needs to use creatine now. There is no way a 125lbs kid who thinks reading equals training should be using anything but food and weights. Perhaps a multivitamin can be thrown in for good measure.[/quote]

I believe I already said I’ve been TRAINING for 4 years, but recently started reading about bulking…

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
I believe I already said I’ve been TRAINING for 4 years, but recently started reading about bulking…[/quote]

That actually makes it look worse. You trained to weigh 125lbs? You can see your skeleton when you inhale, can’t you?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
I believe I already said I’ve been TRAINING for 4 years, but recently started reading about bulking…

That actually makes it look worse. You trained to weigh 125lbs? You can see your skeleton when you inhale, can’t you?[/quote]

Apparently, you can’t understand what I’ve been saying, so I’ll spell it out nice and simple…

I WAS FAT AND WEAK, SO I CUT OFF THE FAT, AND GOT TWICE AS STRONG, WHILE GROWING 9 INCHES IN HEIGHT

If that was too complicated then lets just end this comversation here.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:

That actually makes it look worse. You trained to weigh 125lbs? You can see your skeleton when you inhale, can’t you?

Apparently, you can’t understand what I’ve been saying, so I’ll spell it out nice and simple…

I WAS FAT AND WEAK, SO I CUT OFF THE FAT, AND GOT TWICE AS STRONG, WHILE GROWING 9 INCHES IN HEIGHT

If that was too complicated then lets just end this comversation here.

[/quote]

Let’s…because you apprently think your case is so much different than thousands of other kids who get rid of “baby fat” by going through a growth spurt. That doesn’t mean you trained well. It means you were eating so little that you left your body with nothing but skin and bones after your body grew rapidly. But hey, you are the PhD in bodybuilding and weight lifting so maybe we should all be asking you questions. We are all happy you are lifting weights. I am sure we would all throw a party for you if we knew you with any friends you have invited. In fact, I doubt there is anything else you could possibly learn, you adonis you, so I would recommend you double up on the creatine. Smart people need twice as much.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:

[/quote]

Ever heard of puberty? I am 18, since last April I put on 40 pounds of muscle, added about 200 pound in my 3 lifts. IT DOESN’T MEAN JACK.

X BOX! No need for creatine if ya eat enough meat. [quote]LaJollaJoe wrote:
I’m not a big fan of Creatine. I took it years ago and ended up just putting on some water weight, which went away a week or so after stopping it. At the time, I was in marathon training and a pretty solid strength-training program, so the weight I put on was not because I was taking Creatine and playing Xbox.

Anyway, I’d say you’d do better to work on your diet and strength program.[/quote]

New rule of thumb:

If your post title is not a gramatically correct statement, you should not take creatine.

BlakedaMan,

I’m going to try not to bash you, mostly because I’m a beginner myself and thus I don’t think I’ve earned the right to bash anyone (although once I get my deadlift over 400#- by Jan 1 if everything goes well!- I might bash a few people here and there).

I would advise against you taking creatine right now. I posted on this a little earlier, but I’ll reiterate a little bit. I don’t think it is a good idea to take creatine RIGHT NOW, because it will be difficult to see how you respond.

I would advise you getting whatever training you’re doing and get your diet set. Go with that for two weeks. If you get positive results and you think your diet is good, add in a supplement.

I would suggest Vitamin C for recovery, 500mg pre-workout can make a huge difference in your ability to recover. Try that for a week or two. Then start with Surge to halt post-workout catabolism. See how that goes for a week or two. After you get those few ingredients in place, then I’d go with the creatine.

Although I’m not speaking from experience as I haven’t used creatine, I plan on starting in a few weeks to see if I’m a responder, that is the way I would go about it. I am definitly influenced by a lot of Berardi’s philosophies and he always talks about trying to isolate one variable in your training/diet/supplementation for two weeks to see the effects it has.

Mostly I am advising you to hold off on creatine for a bit is because I don’t view it to be as important as some other things and I think you gotta get them consistant for a few weeks. If you start taking say, creatine and Surge right now and you get good gains, you won’t know which is responsible for it. You could be taking the wrong amount of creatine or using it improperly, but the increased recovery you get from Surge could offset that, or vice versa. Then you’d continue using creatine improperly and not maximizng your gains for a while.

Basically, it is the case of waiting a couple of weeks to improve your results for a few years. But that’s just my opinions, take them for what they’re worth.

This whole thing was a joke, I was messing around because I have been reading all of the “skinny” guy’s threads and so I decided to make one as a joke. Sorry Prof. X I was just kidding about all the insults to you and everyone else, I’m really 5 10 170ish so I am pretty skinny but not as skinny as I said. I’ll just shut up now that eveyone hates me for fucking around.

Good that you have a sense of humour!

Fucker.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Fucker.[/quote]

really

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
This whole thing was a joke, I was messing around because I have been reading all of the “skinny” guy’s threads and so I decided to make one as a joke. Sorry Prof. X I was just kidding about all the insults to you and everyone else, I’m really 5 10 170ish so I am pretty skinny but not as skinny as I said. I’ll just shut up now that eveyone hates me for fucking around.[/quote]

I personally could care less. It only shows that anyone who told you to take creatine was talking out of their ass.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
This whole thing was a joke, I was messing around because I have been reading all of the “skinny” guy’s threads and so I decided to make one as a joke. Sorry Prof. X I was just kidding about all the insults to you and everyone else, I’m really 5 10 170ish so I am pretty skinny but not as skinny as I said. I’ll just shut up now that eveyone hates me for fucking around.[/quote]

Personally, I still think you are full of shit. After analyzing your two threads, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about. Now you say you were just kidding around? I call bullshit.

Quit trying to be something your not. Go train and shut up.

P.S. Please do not respond to this. I am tired of wasting my time on the hopeless.

5’10 170 lbs?