Serious Business

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Trav’s forearms are funny! :smiley:

what about sipping on some gatorade before/during? [/quote]

Yeah I probably will along with more carbs preworkout. Probably will gain a bit of weight from increased water retention but I can’t let my performance suffer.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:

lol

[quote]little bit of a tension headache near the end, probably should hit up more sugary carbs next time. Felt pretty gassed the whole session but it went alright anyways
[/quote]

Does this feel like an ice cream headache? I get these occasionally as well :S[/quote]

It’s exactly like that except it’s in the gym so it’s way more hardcorezz!

Ahh yeah more carbs feels much better, got about 50g pre and 30g during and felt the difference.

8’s Intensification

recorded some of my bench accessory work for the lulz

Bench
45x50
95x10
135x5

185x3
205x3
225x8, 8, 11
I think I’ll start benching in a sweater from now on, last couple sessions my shoulders have felt too cold until I’m almost done benching.

Incline db
50x7
70x5
80x11 (vid)

dips
BWx5, 5 (messing around with different grips)
+25x11 (vid)

that felt like plenty today

Yeah carbs are awesome. Just had about 200 grams of carbs and i’m starting to get sleepy.

Keep gettin it done brother.

[quote]Heracles_rocks wrote:
Yeah carbs are awesome. Just had about 200 grams of carbs and i’m starting to get sleepy.

Keep gettin it done brother. [/quote]

Carbs are like crack for me now! Thanks dude.

now you all understand what its like when I consume humans

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
now you all understand what its like when I consume humans[/quote]

hmm really? I’d think that’d be more of P+F type meal

Lat/Bicep accessory

Gave myself a proper PR warmup on pullups so I could see how many unassisted I can do nowadays

Pullups
-205x20
-145x5
-115x5
-70x3
-40x1

BWx6
-100x10
Did them nice and strict with a pause at the bottom of each rep. Didn’t think I’d get that many so I am very pleased with this.

cable pullovers
2x15

BB curl
25x10
55x5
75x5
95x3

105x9
50x19

Reverse curl
25x28

Decent workout. Had these two dudes creepin on me the whole workout but I just ignored them. Was strange but familiar at the same time as I’ve been going to commercial gyms for a long time and getting stared at is not new lol.

Hey trav!

[quote]debraD wrote:
Hey trav![/quote]

Hi!

Hey Trav, getting creeped on is awesome, ain’t it? Haha, kicking ass bro!

Hey Trav, here is the video i promised of the apex presses.

Haha, i finally found the thread where i originally got it from as well, read scott m’s post, on the first page.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/can_you_name_this_triceps_exercise_are_there_more_like_this?pageNo=0#3914384

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Hey Trav, getting creeped on is awesome, ain’t it? Haha, kicking ass bro![/quote]

Sure is lol. Thanks!

Hey Trav, here is the video i promised of the apex presses.

Haha, i finally found the thread where i originally got it from as well, read scott m’s post, on the first page.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/can_you_name_this_triceps_exercise_are_there_more_like_this?pageNo=0#3914384[/quote]

Hey thanks dude, that look interesting I might have to throw it in one of these days!

BW squats for warmup

Front squats
45x5
95x5
135x5

155x3
175x3
185x8, 8, 10

HS ham curl
90x20
135x6–>90x10–>45xlots

Machine hack
0x50, and that was a hard set surprisingly lol, this old machine isn’t smooth

Mentally exhausted tonight, body was threatening to go into a carb coma after my preWO meal but I went anyways. Didn’t feel very good but I didn’t miss any reps or anything so it was probably all in my head. Actually got some assistance done on squat day for one though! lolz

Sleepy tiem

Edit: just watched the vid of my squatting and it looked fine, the bad feeling was all in my head. Form is looking decent. Not going to post it though cuz non failure/light work is boring as hell to watch lol

Standing press (paused)
20x20
45x5
75x5
95x5

105x3
115x3
125x8, 8, 9
Wow pausing reps on that movement is really hard on my scap area, not in a pain way but just in a fatigue way which is probably good. Also technique was cleaner so I didn’t lose any reps even though it was more difficult as I was able to ‘lean away’ from the weight every rep properly and not to mention hit the exact ROM I wanted to each time. Going to keep pausing.

Triceps: Wanted to try a different way of warming up to see if I could go back to skull crushers, basically took a very light db and did some high rep behind the head extensions emphasizing the stretch in the lat/tricep connection. Well it seemed to work actually, I kept doing warmups between each successive set of skull crushers and seemed to remove most of the discomfort I’ve been experiencing with that movement. but I will withhold judgement until I repeat this technique as it may have been due to me laying off from doing the movement fresh and not from the warmup.

Anyways

ez Skulls

25x20
65x15
95x8
105x10
75x16

RC/Scap circuit (various RC db rotations, rear delt flies, face pulls, cable scap retractions)

Videogame music from game I played when I was a kid:

max nostalgia

Yeah SNES was the SHIT! Well, except when playing Mortal Kombat and the “blood” was grey like sweat or something, but when you’d play it on the Sega Genesis it was red. Other than that…loved that system, haha!

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Yeah SNES was the SHIT! Well, except when playing Mortal Kombat and the “blood” was grey like sweat or something, but when you’d play it on the Sega Genesis it was red. Other than that…loved that system, haha![/quote]

Yeah that was weird, I was more about the Street Fighter and Final Fight’s anyways.

Haggar was so badass, like “I don’t usually beat up bad guys cuz I’m the mayor, but when I do I piledrive everyone with an epic mustache”

lolz

No problem trav.

Dang i wish they still made video games as awesome as they used to.

Nostalgia indeed.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Standing press (paused)
20x20
45x5
75x5
95x5

105x3
115x3
125x8, 8, 9
Wow pausing reps on that movement is really hard on my scap area, not in a pain way but just in a fatigue way which is probably good. Also technique was cleaner so I didn’t lose any reps even though it was more difficult as I was able to ‘lean away’ from the weight every rep properly and not to mention hit the exact ROM I wanted to each time. Going to keep pausing.

Triceps: Wanted to try a different way of warming up to see if I could go back to skull crushers, basically took a very light db and did some high rep behind the head extensions emphasizing the stretch in the lat/tricep connection. Well it seemed to work actually, I kept doing warmups between each successive set of skull crushers and seemed to remove most of the discomfort I’ve been experiencing with that movement. but I will withhold judgement until I repeat this technique as it may have been due to me laying off from doing the movement fresh and not from the warmup.

Anyways

ez Skulls

25x20
65x15
95x8
105x10
75x16

RC/Scap circuit (various RC db rotations, rear delt flies, face pulls, cable scap retractions)

Videogame music from game I played when I was a kid:

max nostalgia[/quote]

Nice work, dude. Your press seems to be coming along nicely.

Super Nintendo?

I don’t think I made it that far…I thought I was making it big with the power pad(duck hunt?) hehe

Those Apex presses look cool!

No problem trav.

Dang i wish they still made video games as awesome as they used to.

Nostalgia indeed.[/quote]

Inorite? 2D ftw!

[quote]wiggles wrote:

Nice work, dude. Your press seems to be coming along nicely.[/quote]

Thank you sir! I hope I can push its max up this cycle!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Super Nintendo?

I don’t think I made it that far…I thought I was making it big with the power pad(duck hunt?) hehe

Those Apex presses look cool! [/quote]

lol that’s okay it probably saved you from the geek life :P. Duck hunt was awesome though

Duck hunt still is awesome. I got the original NES at home in a closet, with duck hunt and the gun…guess I’ll try and hook it up to the flat screen and bust a cap!!

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Duck hunt still is awesome. I got the original NES at home in a closet, with duck hunt and the gun…guess I’ll try and hook it up to the flat screen and bust a cap!![/quote]

Do it!

Last day of 8’s intensification

BW squats for warmup

DL, dual overhand grip
45x10
135x5
185x5
225x3

245x3
275x3
295x8, 8, 9 (last set I had to switch to mixed grip after the 4th rep)

BB row
135x8
185x8
205x8
225x9 or 10 (vid)

Deads felt really easy today (except for the grip fail obviously) but they looked slow on video. Form was tight but the concentric portions weren’t as fast as usual, which is probably why they felt easier today.