Russian Skills Training

Hey coach. A question concerning this program. On the manual labor day when you pick your 3 exercises to do 20 or more single in a circuit fashion, do you mean finish all the same exercise first then move on to the next one and then do another 20 singles or… do you want us to do a single of each exercise in succession?

[quote]SimplyFitCanada wrote:
Hey coach. A question concerning this program. On the manual labor day when you pick your 3 exercises to do 20 or more single in a circuit fashion, do you mean finish all the same exercise first then move on to the next one and then do another 20 singles or… do you want us to do a single of each exercise in succession?[/quote]

Answered it in your earlier thread

Thanks for the article. I have just a couple of questions regarding the workout template so I can make sure I am understanding it correctly.

If I choose the following,
Group 1: Back Squat & Clean
Group 2: Military Press & Bench Press

Workout 1:â??5 x 1 (85%), 1 X 3 (75%)
Workout 2:â??6 x 1 (85%), 1 x 3 (75%)
Workout 3:â??7 x 1 (85%), 1 x 3 (75%)
Workout 4:â??8 x 1 (85%), 1 x 3 (75%)
Workout 5:â??9 x 1 (85%), 1 x 3 (75%)
Workout 6:â??10 x 1 (85%)

So for Workout 1,
1 back squat at 85%, rest 30 sec, repeat 4 more times
Then 3 back squat at 75%

Is this correct?
Is 30 seconds the recommended rest period?
I ask about the rep scheme because I have seen it written different ways. I am interpreting this as “5 sets of 1 rep” and “1 set of 3 reps” for Workout 1.

For schedule, is this correct?

Monday: Group 1, Workout 1
Tuesday: Group 2, Workout 1
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Group 1, Workout 2
Friday: Group 2, Workout 2
Saturday: Manual labor workout
Sunday: OFF

Thanks again for the article!

My question is this also. With time relationship between repetitions, which would be the correct rest?

Hey Coach, was hoping you could chime in on my programming question. I surely appreciate your time! Thank you!

Hello,

not CT, and i am not interested in this program however if its 5*1 85% pauses of 30 seconds should be perfect. Longer pauses don’t make sense to me. Your weekly plan is the same as in the article.
Hope i could help

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Hello,

not CT, and i am not interested in this program however if its 5*1 85% pauses of 30 seconds should be perfect. Longer pauses don’t make sense to me. Your weekly plan is the same as in the article.
Hope i could help[/quote]

Thank you for your help!

[quote]wallball919 wrote:

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Hello,

Hope i could help[/quote]

Thank you for your help![/quote]

Not sure about the above advice, CT recommends about 120sec in another thread. Remember you are focusing on strength, as the weights start getting up there 30 sec rest would not be enough for most people.