Rocky.....I Can't Wait

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
He’s putting 7 time Mr. Olympia Arnold Schwarzenegger to shame. [/quote]

Except that Arnie has one of the toughest jobs in the world as opposed to being an actor who relies on his physique (in other words, Sly has plenty of time and incentive to stay in shape). I give him credit, he looks awesome, but you can’t really compare the two guys anymore.

A lot of folks without demanding professional careers and kids don’t know how hard it is to maintain a physique. (I don’t necessarily mean physically demanding labor, but long hours in meetings, travel, dinner meetings and drinks, sitting in front of a computer for long stretches, etc.) I was like that once too. Now, I know better.

DB

I’d like to thank all the idiots who go to brainless films like this piece of crap.

They just keep making them because you just keep watching them.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Ryu13 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
…an old fuck…Stallone…Oohhhh…its coming…I can’t wait.
Oh my

You should…fuck…Stallone… Oohhhh…its…FOXNEWS…You should…com…I can’t wait[/quote]

Oh my

Ryu13 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
…an old fuck…Stallone…Oohhhh…its coming…I can’t wait.
Oh my

You should…fuck…Stallone… Oohhhh…its…FOXNEWS…You should…com…I can’t wait[/quote]

Oh my

[quote]Valor wrote:
I’d like to thank all the idiots who go to brainless films like this piece of crap.

They just keep making them because you just keep watching them.[/quote]

What do you prefer? Ever single film be like The Constant Gardener?

That would get old realllll quick…

Movies are for entertainment, primarily.

[quote]Valor wrote:

No seriously, how do you really feel?

[quote]Valor wrote:

You like the Oprah book club movies huh?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

A lot of folks without demanding professional careers and kids don’t know how hard it is to maintain a physique.

DB[/quote]

True, but when I saw the picture of him all flabby I cried and cried. And cried.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I suppose we will have a “top 30 stallone facts” in not too long.[/quote]

I’m looking forward to it. Chuck Norris’s facts had me reading for hours (well… more like minutes, but I enjoyed them nonetheless).

His career was supposed to take a more dramatic turn after CopLand. It never really did, though. I thought he would pursue more challenging roles and less physical action movies. I do think he is an underrated actor.

I don’t know man, I pretty much lost all hope for him after Rocky V. His acting in that movie is violently awful.

That video… Stallone is one tough old bastard.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:
He’s putting 7 time Mr. Olympia Arnold Schwarzenegger to shame.

Except that Arnie has one of the toughest jobs in the world as opposed to being an actor who relies on his physique (in other words, Sly has plenty of time and incentive to stay in shape). I give him credit, he looks awesome, but you can’t really compare the two guys anymore.

A lot of folks without demanding professional careers and kids don’t know how hard it is to maintain a physique. (I don’t necessarily mean physically demanding labor, but long hours in meetings, travel, dinner meetings and drinks, sitting in front of a computer for long stretches, etc.) I was like that once too. Now, I know better.

DB[/quote]

That doesn’t excuse Arnold for being soft and flabby now. With Stallone, he’s maintained excellent conditioning for years. Arnold hasn’t. I’m sure everybody saw the pic of him at the beach with that spare tire just before the filming of T3. This was before he ran for politics. He only got in shape for the movie…in only 3 or 4 months, muscle memory aside, Arnie hit the juice. I have more respect for Sly, he’s maintained excellent conditioning for like 30 years, Arnold does not. He only gets in shape for movies.

I have to give Stallone credit - he has maintained a great level of muscularity and fitness. Also great success in business. He is really a butt kicker.

Unfortunatley, IMO, he takes himself too seriously. Arnie managed to make most of his movies tongue in cheek. I got the feeling that Sly really believed himself in most of his movies. Sorry, but he’s a bit over the top. I respect his work ethic and success, but crank the ego down a bit.

Jim Wendler from Westside and Elite Fitness had a good suggestion for coaches: don’t take yourself too seriously, but take your work seriously (paraphrased). Could be a motto for most of us.

still in pretty good shape…

part 2…

I read the book in the bookstore though, so I don’t remember some of the other shit.[/quote]

As long as you didn’t take it in the crapper with you.

[quote]Austro Canuck wrote:
I got the feeling that Sly really believed himself in most of his movies. Sorry, but he’s a bit over the top…[/quote]

“It’s like a switch”

Austro Canuck wrote:
I got the feeling that Sly really believed himself in most of his movies. Sorry, but he’s a bit over the top…

“It’s like a switch”[/quote]

[turns hat around, sticks out arm]

Que Sammy Hagar:

“Winner takes it all!
Loser takes the fall!
Fight to the begining of the end!”

Always wondered what the hell that last line was supposed to mean.

I can already see the Southpark Rocky6/Million Dollar Baby episode… I’m not sure which one I most look forward to…

[quote]nikolo wrote:
I just hope it’s done right. I think Stallone originally wanted Rocky to die in the ring for Rocky 5. The studio squashed the idea. I love when the hero dies, so I am hoping the franchise is ended the way he intended it to end.

If that happens, I will shed a tear or two then I will go home and watch Eddy Murphy’s Raw and laugh it all away…Alright Rocko…I’ll have the jujubee’s…

I do wonder if I have any tears left for any boxing movie after watching Million Dollar Baby. What a kick in the nuts that movie was.

[/quote]