Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Please take care young Slaya. If you got a slight hamstring tear, I don’t think stretching, RDL, Sprints will do you any good.
When recovered think about were you put your sprints, doing them the day after RDL’s, DL, squats is asking for trouble.
But listen to your body, it’ll tell you what to do.

1 Like

I have to agree. I’ve torn both hamstrings. The first one, more of a severe pull, I could of done without if I hadn’t stretched it so much. It can actually aggravate it more. Get some heat on it.

Pro tip - go for a long warm up jog before sprinting. At least 1km but preferably a bit longer. Than do 50m of the following:

1. Side steps left side. Run back.
  2. Side steps right side. Run back.
  3. High knees. Run back
  4. Heels to bum. Run back

All these should be done with warming up all the muscles and joints in mind.

3 Likes

@Yogi1 thankyou! Will try it after school.

I’ve never done them from a deficit, im going to try them and see how they go.

My recovery speed is coming back, doing legs ona tuesday then sprints on a Friday should be no problem. Last week i had to wait till saturday but that was because of my left hammy.

Im eyeing it closely, i mean my left hamstring is the only one to play up every now and then, im thinking strength imbalance.

My hamstring is feeling good today after yesterday’s rdl but im going to keep a close eye on it. Il heat pack it today just in case.

How did you tear your hamstrings?

Thanks guys btw

Thanks irish! I hope i dont die in the 1km warmup😂

2 Likes

First one was during football practice, doing butt kicks. It was after sprinting, bear crawls, etc. I kept going even though it felt strained. The original cause was growing too fast, but I continued with a strained hamstring and it made it far worse.

Second was a really cold day playing baseball and I reached down for a backhand and it snapped.

Screw that,Ouch. The closest I’ve come to pulling a hamstring was ages ago when i first started going to the gym, i trained legs the day before a school athletic carnival and during the 100m sprint (going all out), it stuffed my hamstring up for a few weeks.

food
Greek yogurt
4 pieces of toast
bowl of cereal
3 salad rolls
2 pieces of cake
plate of beef stirfry and rice
plate of meatballs, mashed potatos and vegetables.
1l milk

1 Like

food
3 eggs 3 pieces of toast
bowl of cereal
3 ham,salami,salad,cheese rolls
4 apples
watermelon
2 plates of chicken veggie noodle stirfry (like healthy as fuck version like the other food here, required by the goverment.)
even the pies are the healthy low fat versions lol
1l milk

no training today, no one wanted to accompany me to the gym so wasnt allowed to go. im thinking of going to the doctor, explaining to them the situation and getting them to write that i need the gym for (depression) which is true, hopefully will work.

so just did some pullups (in the bathroom where theres a ledge lol) and band pull aparts in the dorm.

2 Likes

Hey Duke, you could always just do a simple bodyweight workout when there isn’t a chaperone available. For example, you could do something like this:

5 sets of each of the following:
10 push-ups
5 (or more) chin-ups
5 (or more) split squats or lunges
10 band pull-aparts

Some bodyweight stuff would help you still do a workout on the days when you don’t have a chaperone. That would also help support some of those calories you’re eating :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Where are you from where healthy food is regulated?
Hope you get a doctors note, working out is one of the best medicines for depression.
And I am sorry if I missed it, but why do you need a chaperone at the gym?

Good luck with it mate, hopefully they will give you the note and not try to prescribe meds or anything. Any form of exercise to blow off steam will work mate, I think I’d go nuts without my “chillout” lifting time. Try a walk with some HIT Sprints mixed in even if you can’t lift, gets the heart rate up, and gets you away from everyone else. Your in the best spot with many good lifting years and gains ahead.

For BW circle try this ladder:
Pull ups
Push ups
Bulgarian split squat
start 1 rep each, then 2 reps then 3… up to 10 then back down to 1.
Time it, try to beat it next time.
I’ll bet you there’s no steam left

1 Like

Another good body weight option is
10 burpees
20 push ups
30 squats (can use split or lunges too)
1 mins skipping or 400m run
Repeat 4 times and record your time for the whole lot. Try to beat it next time. When it gets too easy add more rounds.

2 Likes

And if it’s too easy do two rounds :wink:

1 Like

I did some pull aparts and pullups last night, i also have a pair of 10ib/4.5kg dumbells in my room too i can do stuff with. Thanks man!

Im from australia, the food has to be healthy where i am because i stay at a residential college for high schoolers and its run by the department of education.

Thanks! Tbh im not a fan of school and what i look forward to in my day is lifting weights.

I need a chaperone because there’s this rule where you cant go by yourself, for safety. I tried getting the rule changed but they wont allow it.

Thanks @I_Luc. If they prescribe meds, il just refuse. I’ve had lots of pills in the past and im not a fan of things that arent natural/ i hate pills. Theres another reason too but i dont like talking about that.

I have sprints tomorrow. Thanks man!

You’re not trying to kill me are you lol :wink:

5 Likes

Oh yeah just to let yall know, im buying a CoC gripper + the hand bands, i wish i could say im a beast and going to rep out the Level #2 like @T3hPwnisher but im just starting off with the lowest level, the trainer :smiley:

3 Likes

Todays training
2 hrs volleyball at school
i really like the days of the week where i do some sport for a couple of hours, really gets the blood flowing and me feeling good for my workout later on. i mean tires me out a bit but thats fine once i relax a bit after school.

sprints after school
warmup
band pull aparts, discus throws and some jogging and warmup stuff that @Irishman92 suggested.

discus technique a little rusty and inaccurate but surprisingly throwing further than iv ever thrown before.

10 sets of sprints 70% intensity x 80 metres, added ten metres from last week at the same pace. i plan to do this till i get to 100m then up the pace a little and reset to 70.

again with the fucking chaperone shit!!! i did my sprints (only place i can) on the oval across from the college but you have to have someone accompany you for safety, two people came with and mucked around for a bit but left pretty quick. a supervisor came out and was yelling for me to come back in but i refused and did most of my workout, he just stood there and when i came back in i got like a twenty minute whinge fest about it. i almost felt like saying just because you clearly don’t value your fitness, doesn’t mean other people don’t either. (i didn’t because it probably wouldn’t end up good in my favor)
anyways a solid sprint session. hamstring going good too , whatever it was is healing pretty quick. regained my flexibility in it as well (can touch the floor with hands when standing up)

7 Likes

Food
2 pieces of toast
3 bananas
bowl of cereal
2 apples
4 ham,salami,salad,cheese rolls
2 pieces of cake
fish,chips and salad for dinner, had 2 plates of that.
bowl of icecream and chocolate mousse
1 litre of milk

well glad i had lots of exercise today lol

Wise beyond your years

2 Likes