Replacing Some Test with Deca/NPP on TRT for Acne?

Currently on Test C 180mg/wk as TRT, but having some issues with back acne.

I’ve had acne since I hit puberty (now 29 y/o) but my back acne was always very minimal. Now it looks like I’m blasting and I can’t get control of it. Have already tried mitigating measures and it’s not enough. Possibly going to go the Accutane route later, but not now.

I’ve tried lowering dose to 140mg/wk and it did nothing; also tried including AI but all it did was give me huge headaches at very small doses. After doing some reading, it seems that DHT is what causes the increase in sebum secretion - which makes me think Deca or NPP might be a good way to go.

I already have high prolactin, which obviously doesn’t bode well for 19-nors, so I’d like to use the least effective dose to avoid adhedonia and deca dick. My estrogen is also pretty high, but not high enough for symptoms - i think I’d appreciate slightly lower estrogen though… my libido increased a good bit when using the AI, despite the headaches.

Anyways, I’d like to drop test down to say 120mg/wk (or less) and include Deca or NPP at maybe 60mg/wk… any thoughts or experience?

It’s your estrogen probably. Add in primo, start at 100-150 and it will lower your estrogen and give you good quality gains on trt. I wouldn’t go the 19 nor route

Edit - keep your test at 180 wk

Not sure the reason for the Nandrolone? It doesn’t aromarize much and it doesn’t mimic test. Low doses gave me ED just like high doses.

Yea, i dont get it also…

@blshaw @hankthetank89 deca does not convert to DHT, and DHT is the Test derivative that promotes sebum (skin oil) secretion.

@150mgaweek primo sounds great on paper, but I’ve heard it’s very pippy and hard/expensive to source. I’ll look into it though

EDIT:
Primo is a derivative of DHT but still converts to DHT, so I’ll probably put a pin in that for now. Have been eyeing it for a bit for sure.

1 Like

Primo does not convert to DHT but it acts like one. So yeah it may not be the best. Nandrolone converts to DHN, not sure it’s action on Acne but I’m also not sure what you’re gaining with it. It’s not a replacement for Test.

1 Like

My understanding is that it very much acts like Test, only with a significantly higher myotrophic/androgenic ratio (about 11 to 1 compared to Test’s 1 to 1).

Am I incorrect in my understanding that Deca acts like Test?

This is an interesting problem that affects some people. Most seemed to just tolerate it, or give up on AAS.

I support you being a guinea pig with the NNP or Deca, especially at the lower doses. Let’s see what results.

Is there a potential problem with your diet that you should address?

1 Like

It’s possible, but I don’t think the diet caused the uptick in acne for me… within a couple weeks of starting TRT, my back acne got worse. Used to be maybe 1 pimple a week, now it’s 2-3 per day.

You bring up a good point though - I could also adopt a low glycemic-index diet and cut out dairy entirely, but I’d honestly much rather take the easy route (I’m aware how silly that sounds) and use Accutane. Temporarily though, I think being a guinea pig for NPP/Deca in pursuit of reducing DHT while also on TRT would make a lot of sense… might also help my knees stop feeling like shit and reduce estrogen a tad.

1 Like

One of the best side effects of NNP/Deca

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Just remember that testosterone isn’t the sole culprit of acne. How else would you account for girls fighting acne?

1 Like

Here is a thought: as I recall I had to deal with a small amount of acne on my back, yet I NEVER had an acne problem when I competed.

1 Like

I’m aware of this, and I know I have high estrogen (just not high enough for symptoms/AI need). Deca/NPP would be double-effective if I am correct in thinking that estrogen can also cause acne, as both Deca and NPP would reduce overall estrogen values.
^had considered Primo for this as well, but I think NPP makes more sense as a go-to right now.

Any thoughts on why that is?

Very clean diet

1 Like

If DHT and or E2 are thought to be the culprit, I’d just address those. I think your odds of dick or libido issues with finasteride are miniscule compared to deca.

I’d try that first, then if that doesn’t help, try reducing E2 as well.

If neither of those work, accutane works.

2 Likes

Yeah, i always tought and also noticed that shit foods contribute to acne and also bloat. Like when people say that deca bloats and tren doesnt its always when someone bulked with pizza on deca but cuts on salads with tren.
I think its simmilar with acne AND the bad foods might not be classically bad, but for example some people get acne from milk. Some from certain fruits. It might be considered a good food but your body just doesnt tolerate it. I think there is a food tolerance blood tests available that might give some insight. it could turn out that you dont tolerate well your main carb source or favourite snack.

1 Like

@readalot if you don’t mind, id like to hear your opinions/expertise on this.

Ran last 2 weeks:
80mg Test C
80mg NPP

Running now (and hopefully on an ongoing basis):
60mg Test C
120mg NPP
*plan to add low dose HCG after stabilizing, maybe 250IU 2-3x/wk to reverse atrophy and keep fertility on idle.

**NPP chosen as a temporary Nandrolone ester. Will move to Deca once i get dialed in as NPP and Deca seem to have similar AUC (NPP might be a bit higher)

***I nodded to low estrogen symptoms in my last post. I will continue to monitor and increase Test C if needed to prevent these symptoms. Most symptoms went away towards the end of the 2nd week.

Any flaws you see in this plan? My acne has reduced a lot since doing this.

Also i wanted to ask, do you had any data on NPP/Deca being injected SubQ? Ive been doing this the whole time, certainly is still having an effect (noted by my knees being way less cranky RE Nandrolone). More or less, just asking if it’s safe to do.

1 Like

Keep in mind that NPP (like T Prop vs T Cyp) is more potent that Nandrolone D. So you may have to play around a bit when switching over.

2 Likes

How would you “measure” the difference?
Is there an empirical method, or just how you “feel”?