Really Really Hardgainers

John,

You’re thinking on fat is correct. There is no sense in going above 12 to 15% bodyfat. If you’re gaining fat quickly, you need to reduce your calories somewhat, not necessarily to below mantenance, but enough to slow down the rapid fat gains. I believe a rough rule of thumb is that your abs will start to disappear at 12 to 15% body fat. Also, I’m basically on a continuous keto diet. This way I can eat as much as possible without gaining much fat. If I ate carbs with impunity, I would blow up like your friend. Contrary to popular belief, many fruits and veggies can be consumed on a keto diet because they effectively have negligible carbs. Apparantly fiber is included in the carb count which as you know is not digestible. I bring up this point because many “nutritionists” say that a keto diet is unhealthy which is pure hogwash. Heart disease is practically unheard of in Eskimos.

Here’s what my protein drink contains:

milk, whey protein, casein, glutamine, cream, fish oil, flax oil and olive oil. Some frozen strawberries will give some flavor and fiber.

One of the best keto diet books I have seen is “Natural Hormonal Enhancement”.

Bill: Interesting response. If I read you correctly, should I then take 400/week for say 2&1/2 weeks in lieu of 200/week for 5 weeks. I am thinking, 400 Friday, 400 Monday, then 400 Friday and say 200 the following friday (1400 Total), 50mg Stromba each day for the 2 weeks and leave it at that. If this is the case, is 3000 cals sufficient at 166lbs(15%BF)and do I continue the 3000 cals for some weeks after the 2 week cycle. Glad to get all the positive feedback chaps. John

John, Deca isn’t very suitable for a short
cycle, because it’s so long acting.

To get blood levels up to the 400 mg/week
level (later on in the cycle, you don’t
have in your system the 400 mg you just
injected but also another 400 or so mg
left over from previous weeks) you need
to inject 800 mg on day 1. This should only
be done though if you know you are comfortable
with the 400 mg/week level… if not, use
half that, the price being that levels will
be kind of low until the third week or so.

200 mg/week is not a very good level because
it’s quite effective at suppressing natural
testosterone, yet much less effective in
building muscle than a higher dose would be.
However, if using something else like
enough Winstrol itself to give enough good
gains – like 50 mg of Depot per day –
then the 200 mg will add to that considerably though still not optimally.

3000 cal should be sufficient, and I go
to maintenance calories when off.

Bill:- sorry to labour this point, but others also might be interested. By my calculation, if John takes 400 on day 1(friday), 400 on day 4 (monday) and 400 on day 8 (friday), his level will peak at day 10 at about 450mg/day, the rise being fairly steady from about day 4. If he then takes 400 each friday thereafter, he will consistently have around 400-450mg/day in his system. Question:- Is this what you mean by 400 per week? or am I confused. If incorrect, would you mind giving us a correct example. If John tolerated his initial 200mg shots, with no side effects( I presume) and plenty of initial gain ( although not held), surely the proposed 400mg shots on days 1,4,8 etc, are much safer than 800 up front. That sounds a bit rough. Good forum this one, long may it continue. Graham.