Realistic TRT Recomp Progress

He’s a sweet little baby to me. I had a girl stay over the other night and while she was sleeping I went and took a shower. He crawled under the covers and bit her eye brow lol. He’s a little shit but he’s like my child. He’s extremely intelligent. He rides on the back of the dog for fun, says a bunch of phrases, and anytime someone laughs on TV he mimics their laugh. When we have a party people love him until you put your face too close and he bites it.

2 Likes

Talk about a unique pet – he looks and sounds awesome, man! Named after Sly’s character?

Lol, so what is going to be on my mind (fitness-wise) at 42? I have found that love handles bother me way less at 28 than they did at, say, 21. With age other things just matter more.

P.S. Bis and tris are on point! Definitely your strongest body part, I’d say

1 Like

I did 30g 1/2" into my right delt this morning. I’m right-handed and actually find it easier to inject with my left for some reason. It was completely painless, no stinging or blood, etc. Might be the new go-to! When I did delts previously, it was always with 27g, which allows the T to come out faster but also stings more.

This felt a lot better than going into belly fat. My naval region has really been getting beaten up by 2X/day injections. I’m actually relieved to be running out of Ipamorelin. I don’t think it’s helped and don’t plan on continuing. Probably time for a break from peptides…I haven’t noticed any benefits.

If I’m going to add anything to the T again, the next step would probably be Anavar or Deca.

Haha that’s awesome. It’s almost scary how smart they can be.

My wife wants a pet so badly and I know how much emotional support and connection they can provide. But they also feel like a hassle. At this point, we can drop everything and travel for a weekend on a whim. It’s awesome and a time in our lives we’ll never have again (with kids coming in the next couple years). But maybe a less time and money consuming pet would be a good solution.

You can pretty much leave a cat for a weekend and be fine, so there’s that. Not that I like cats, I prefer dogs, but they can be a hassle for sure.

@bkb333
There’s apps where you can drop your dog off with someone else (who likely has a dog themselves) for cheap with little notice to stay for however long. Dog food costs $50/month (at most) for my 50 lb Australian cattle dog. Get her a dog and I promise both of your lives will be drastically better.

Dieting is hard for me as well. Keto is really the only way for me to get really lean and stay that way. I just like good food. Growing up Italian with a father who ran many of the top restaurants in New Orleans food is a big part of life. I find it fairly easy to eat high protein/high fat very little carbs though. Coupled with TRT you can make good lean gainz. If diet is your issue I’d look into keto. One of the bigger guys here has been on keto for a while and has had a lot of success with it. The pics above are of me when I fall off of keto and eat my weight in carbs.

Keto worked well for me too. It’s the first dieting strategy that ever helped me get lean. The rules are so black and white and you just feel satiated. Plus the clear-headedness is awesome.

I will say, though, that I think it played a role in my hormonal dysfunction, so it’s important to get bloodwork and make sure things aren’t going haywire. It’s also probably important to cycle carbs in – I was following keto for 2-3 years with no breaks in there.

When I’m dieting, I prefer now to just be strategic with carbs. In a perfect world, my day goes keto-carb-keto – high protein/fat in the AM, clean carbs around an afternoon workout, and back to high protein/fat for nighttime. I’m currently eating 250g carbs but bring it as low as 100 when dieting.

@rise80 @bkb333

This is how my keto has evolved as well. I usually have one day a week I go heavier on carbs and my overall protein intake is much more than keto really recommends. Now that I’m going back to it I’ll be doing it that way as well.

I have run keto a few times. That is the one I can stick to better than others being that it is so clear cut.

When I ran it, I kept my protein higher also. Too long of lifting to get myself to lower it to 25% or whatever the old school keto recommends.

What you guys are talking about is actually just low carb dieting and carb cycling. It’s not really keto, even though they call it “modified keto”. The high protein intake keeps you from actually going into dietary ketosis.

I don’t recommend true keto dieting for more than 6 weeks btw, not that I’m any kind of expert or one to listen to… just my opinion based on my own experience and research.

@bmbrady77
Read the post I quoted above. There’s quite a bit of info showing higher protein doesn’t knock you out of ketosis. Dr Dominic D’Agostino changed his thought on this view as well after researching keto’s effect on athletes and their diets.

I’ve read it before. Consider though, athletes train for endurance multiple hours every day. All of the glucose being converted from the high protein intake is going straight to muscle stores and not into serum blood concentrations, so of course they maintain higher ketones to support normal vital functions because all converted glucose is being utilized (burned up) for available energy.

If you train like an athlete then my statement doesn’t apply to you. If you’re like most of us with full time jobs and train only an hour to 2 hours a day, then my statement stands.

I personally won’t carb cycle in keto because when I am on it I dont want to kick myself out of ketosis at all and have to get back in it. On the glucogenesis with protein from what I have heard it only happens as a last resort. Cant remember for sure, as its been a while, but I want to say you would have to be extremely low calorie for it to occur. I may be off on that and it could of been something else that would cause it but it doesnt just happen normally. Edit: It was extreme amounts of protein that would cause glucogenesis that would kick you out. Not an expert by any means but was told that and shown citations from doctors that I am not sure where to find now.

Your body prefers glucose for quick energy. Your muscles run on glycogen. Carbs are already in this state for the most part. Fat can’t be converted to glycogen directly, but protein can. The body can utilize ketones, but it performs much more efficiently with glucose, and the brain runs in glucose explicitly.

That’s why keto ONLY really works without a performance hit in athletes with high protein intake. They have to get glucose from somewhere. The body can run vital functions on ketones and use the glucose for muscle energy and brain function. Athletes who remain in dietary ketosis are eating a higher protein diet, but utilizing all converted glycogen with energy expenditure.

Yeah, I was just calling it keto for shorthand. It’s far from nutritional ketosis-inducing and not even TKD or CKD – just a way of eating that’s lower-carb, derived from what I learned while going keto.

It’s pretty simple for me, really: carbs improve my performance and contribute to muscle gain but also make me hungrier. So I eat them all day when I’m trying to gain weight and eat them at strategic times when I’m trying to lose weight. If I’m too hungry, I just lower carbs and increase protein and fat. This way of eating also helps with eating ‘cleaner.’

1 Like

You have the right idea padewan!! Lol