Random Muscle Twitches

polo have you been drinking apple cider vinegar? I am pretty sure taking shots of organic apple cider vinegar wwas making my eyelid twitch.

Eat a banana.

You may be potassium deficient.

I get this in my quads alot, it makes me think i’ve got a text and i’m popular… but no, its just a twitch :slight_smile:

[quote]Cherrymennos wrote:
I agree, it is a power surge. It seems that there are many causes of muscle twitches, but low dehydration or low electrolytes commonly cause them. I cannot verify ths, but I have also heard that muscle growth and low blood sugar can also cause it.[/quote]

Ive been getting it in my glutes and quads alot recently… and im pretty sure i fit into your profile…

hmm… it is strange when it happens. lol

I get it whenever I’m not recovering fast enough. Like if I haven’t had enough sleep, enough water, enough food. I eat a bunch, drink a bunch, and take a massive dump and it’s gone.

I always get one in my right delt. It will last for hours and hours.

I always get a cramp in my right foot between two of my toes, same spot every time. I get this about every couple of months and it lasts 10-20 minutes. Never figured it out.

I’ve got them before too.

A non-gym friend of mine said it had something to do with the muscle recovering/growing.
Your guess is as good as mine.

At least you know your not the only one.

i get them if i’m laying in bed.

delts, and my ass.

My left brachial has been at it all day. Glad I am not the only one.

Yeah I’ve been getting these for a good two years all the time… It’s a specific muscle for a good couple of weeks then it changes again… It’s great fun.

Btw look out for eyelid twitches, I only got on of them when I was amazingly stressed.
I’ve had magnesium supplements recommended but never tried them, I’d definitely look into the bananas for potassium, along with electrolytes and better hydration.

I think the repeating trend here is to make a banana smoothie. With powerade instead of water. I call it the twitch-buster. (patent pending)

[quote]Harizard wrote:
I think the repeating trend here is to make a banana smoothie. With powerade instead of water. I call it the twitch-buster. (patent pending)[/quote]

Sounds pretty good, I’ll try it just for shits a giggles.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Harizard wrote:
I think the repeating trend here is to make a banana smoothie. With powerade instead of water. I call it the twitch-buster. (patent pending)

Sounds pretty good, I’ll try it just for shits a giggles.[/quote]

Awesome, tell me what you think :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, it is a power surge. It seems that there are many causes of muscle twitches, but low dehydration or low electrolytes commonly cause them. [/quote]

This.

When I was in Thailand, I was drinking tons of ionized water. My eyelid twitched daily. Once I started putting electrolyte packs in my water, they stopped.

It seems that there are many causes of muscle twitches, but low dehydration or low electrolytes commonly cause them. [/quote]

Coming from a guy (the OP) whose avatar loudly proclaims “STAY HYDRATED”, the above garnered a hearty chuckle from yours truly :smiley:

Carry on. Twitching freaks! :wink: (I kid, I get them too on a fairly regular basis)

I get them whenever i drink a lot of whey (calcium) and don’t take my magnesium. i think it has something to do with minerals. i know the two are dependent on eachother… maybe its the imbalance…too much Ca, too little Mg. its funny i stumbled upon this because recently i started drinking whey again, after a few months of not drinking it (i dont drink milk either) and i ran out of Mg around that time too. i felt fine up until recently, as of which ive been drinking 3-5 shakes a day and not taking any Mg. i have twitches in my lat and delt (had them before) and now ive added in 1 gram of good Mg. theyll go away soon. ive done this before…

My friends dad firmly believes this occurs when new muscle is being built. I like his explanation :slight_smile:

[quote]crimson_lily wrote:

You may be potassium deficient. [/quote]

I was told else where this may be the reason.