Put On Your Shoes!!!

“The Gym” Carencro, LA.

Practically no dress code. No problems training barefoot if you like.

Dungeonesque kinda place where alot of cops and firefighters and amateur bodybuilders go to play.

[quote]AdamC wrote:
I can see the owner’s logic.

You stub your toe on a weight, or drop a weight on your foot, because you are barefoot you are more likely to get injured, therefore he’s more likely to have the hassle of having to apply first aid, use his insurance, or get his cheque book out if you sue. [/quote]

Really?? No, shoes do not protect you from dropped weights. And Im sure all professional gyms have it worded in the membership application that you proceed at your own risk. Im sure its an attire/image/hygene issue.

I found that after about four months of heavy use (running as well as lifting), the heel-part of my Frees are all torn up. Doesn’t seem to affect the performance, but makes it tough to take 'em off without making it worse.

Anyone else have this happen?

Sucks i know . But if you want to know why businesses ask you to wear safety equipment go here : http://www.darwinawards.com/
There’s another site that details the most ridiculous lawsuits , but i forget the name of it ATM .

We all know a pair of runners aint gonna stop that 80lb dumbbell from mashin your toes , but common sense isn’t all that common nowdays , especially in the legal system .

[quote]Bujo wrote:
“The Gym” Carencro, LA.

Practically no dress code. No problems training barefoot if you like.

Dungeonesque kinda place where alot of cops and firefighters and amateur bodybuilders go to play. [/quote]

What gym is this?