Pres Debate: 10/16/2012

I’m curious how many people actually know somebody who is on the fence on who they vote for this election?

[quote]optheta wrote:
I’m curious how many people actually know somebody who is on the fence on who they vote for this election?[/quote]

Most of my students are voting for Obama, which is typical for college students, but I know a couple that are on the fence, and more then a few colleagues that are undecided. I am definitely voting for Romney, though.

Well, Obama is on fire question 1. All talking point bullshit, but he is fired up.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Well, Obama is on fire question 1. All talking point bullshit, but he is fired up.[/quote]

Yeah, but Romney knocked it out of the park on the follow up.

EDIT: Man, Obama has taken the gloves off. That response was brutal. Mostly inaccurate, but he is definitely up for a fight tonight.

Obama is on point thus far.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Well, Obama is on fire question 1. All talking point bullshit, but he is fired up.[/quote]

Yeah, but Romney knocked it out of the park on the follow up.

EDIT: Man, Obama has taken the gloves off. That response was brutal. Mostly inaccurate, but he is definitely up for a fight tonight.[/quote]

Yeah, his detroit (obama) rebuttal was total bullshit, lol.

Okay guys, here’s the game: every time one of the candidates calls the other one a liar, drink!

dude, Obama is killing this. Full of shit or not, he is fire right now.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
Okay guys, here’s the game: every time one of the candidates calls the other one a liar, drink![/quote]

cheers.

Romney just called Obama out on oil production, and Obama admits it.

OOOHHHHHH SHIT, bitch slap

From what limited understanding I have of economics, isn’t part of the price of gas now related partly to inflation? anyone? beans?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
From what limited understanding I have of economics, isn’t part of the price of gas now related partly to inflation? anyone? beans? [/quote]

The president has like zero control over gas prices. Speculators have more control over the price than a president.

He can control supply on the home front though.

Good to see people on this site actually follow politics…really wish more people in my generation were more concerned with what’s going on politically, or even just people in general. I’m in my mid-late 20’s and couldn’t tell you how many people I know, including friends, who don’t vote…for 2 reasons primarily…Either A, they don’t care, or B, they claim their vote won’t make a difference…

[quote]StevenF wrote:
From what limited understanding I have of economics, isn’t part of the price of gas now related partly to inflation? anyone? beans? [/quote]

Partly, yes, but we have not had 200% inflation over the last four years.

wow, I thought they were going to start fighting. I think Obama has Romney off his game a little. Obama is much better in this setting so far.

Romney looks bad when he pleads with the moderator for a response imo.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
wow, I thought they were going to start fighting. I think Obama has Romney off his game a little. Obama is much better in this setting so far. [/quote]

Yes, if he had shown up to the first debate with even half of what he has put into this debate it would have meant bad news for Romney. His answer to the tax question was very good. I don’t buy into his philosophy on taxes, but I am also biased because he wants to raise my tax rate, but a lot of people will like it.

good call ZEB, she cut him off again.

Here comes the female vote.