T Nation

Pool Days Have Officially Ended

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
coolnatedawg wrote:
im supposed to start my bulk now? what are abs?

abs cant punch people in the face, that should be your motivation

Hell no! I’m not doing that bullshit bulking crap anymore! All that happens is that I get fat, look like shit, feel like shit and have to bust my ass for several months to get lean again. It’s a vicious cycle.

I’m staying lean(er) year round and focusing on getting bigger, stronger and faster at the same time!!!

I’ll take off my shirt so I can look good when I punch people in the face!

[/quote]

I think the 150 lb 5’4 beast is right, who needs to eat a lot of clean food 6 times a day to help pack on lean weight and muscle, it’s important to have a cut stomach while wearing layers of clothing.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Hell no! I’m not doing that bullshit bulking crap anymore! All that happens is that I get fat, look like shit, feel like shit and have to bust my ass for several months to get lean again. It’s a vicious cycle.

I’m staying lean(er) year round and focusing on getting bigger, stronger and faster at the same time!!!

I’ll take off my shirt so I can look good when I punch people in the face!

[/quote]

Finally someone with some sense. Unless you’re chemically enhanced, eating more than about a 250-500 calorie surplus won’t do anything but put fat on you. If you’re natural, you can only gain muscle so fast.

I’ve never understood people’s obsession with bulking and cutting. I call that yo-yo dieting. See Oprah for more info on yo-yo dieting. Do you want to be like Oprah?

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
HotCarl28 wrote:
hah ive been attempting to bulk since may

also jacked diesel… do u lift in the main part of fike or in the dungeon

you go to clemson too? whats your name, I lift in fike.
[/quote]

Yeah i go to clemson my names Jarrod Im in fike all the time alot of times im lifting with a girl

Are u the dude who wears wrist straps or wrist bands or something like that alot

ya, the camo wrist straps

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
. Unless you’re chemically enhanced, eating more than about a 250-500 calorie surplus won’t do anything but put fat on you. If you’re natural, you can only gain muscle so fast.

I’ve never understood people’s obsession with bulking and cutting. I call that yo-yo dieting. See Oprah for more info on yo-yo dieting. Do you want to be like Oprah?
[/quote]

Agreed with the second part, that drives me nuts. But I can’t say the first one is true for everyone, you are generalizing very much. Does the 120 lb beginner need the same surplus as the 250 lb rhino? Let’s not throw out imaginary numbers and pretend like they are for everyone.

were you doing squats with a girl last night?

You Clemson guys are taking over this board ha.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
coolnatedawg wrote:
im supposed to start my bulk now? what are abs?

abs cant punch people in the face, that should be your motivation

Hell no! I’m not doing that bullshit bulking crap anymore! All that happens is that I get fat, look like shit, feel like shit and have to bust my ass for several months to get lean again. It’s a vicious cycle.

I’m staying lean(er) year round and focusing on getting bigger, stronger and faster at the same time!!!

I’ll take off my shirt so I can look good when I punch people in the face!

I think the 150 lb 5’4 beast is right, who needs to eat a lot of clean food 6 times a day to help pack on lean weight and muscle, it’s important to have a cut stomach while wearing layers of clothing.[/quote]

In Florida, it’s rare that I ever have “layers” of clothing. The most I wear is a sweatshirt on a cold day or maybe a leather jacket and jeans. So I don’t keep myself “hidden” under layers of clothing.

Also, I can eat clean meals 6 times a day and stay fairly lean while gaining size and strength.

In addition, I like to look good when I take off my clothes since I don’t hide under the layers 24/7.

And yes, I’m a beast at 5’4" and 150lbs.

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
Agreed with the second part, that drives me nuts. But I can’t say the first one is true for everyone, you are generalizing very much. Does the 120 lb beginner need the same surplus as the 250 lb rhino? Let’s not throw out imaginary numbers and pretend like they are for everyone. [/quote]

Obviously it’s impossible to be exact and there are always exceptions, but yes I think you can generalize for the most part when it comes to how much of a surplus people need.

The difference is what constitutes a surplus for each person. The 120 lb beginner almost certainly doesn’t need as many calories as a 250 lb rhino. The approx. 100 lbs of extra muscle on the rhino is going to make his caloric needs much higher. However, the same principle holds true: If someone eats a shitload more than they need, they will gain a ton of fat without changing the amount of muscle they gain.

For the true hardgainer types with freaky metabolisms it may be near impossible to eat a shitload more than they need, but I’m sure if they managed to stuff 7000 calories down their throats everyday they would gain alot of fat.

If someone is a true endomorph with a slow metabolism, they may only need 2500 to reach a surplus. It doesn’t change the fact that they need to eat somewhat (but not a whole lot) more than they are burning.

Yes and I know what your thought process was, it’s just the numbers can me misleading to someone who doesn’t know any better.

the bottom line is i like to eat

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
ya, the camo wrist straps[/quote]

That way no one can see your wrists.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
ya, the camo wrist straps

That way no one can see your wrists.[/quote]

haha, thats the joke i have going with my friends

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:

In addition, I like to look good when I take off my clothes since I don’t hide under the layers 24/7.

…[/quote]

You always look good as long as you leave the bag on!

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
the bottom line is i like to eat[/quote]

Exactly. Who doesn’t? Keep it under control and you won’t even have to diet come spring. That equates to: MORE EATING! and more muscle gains instead of losing muscle while cutting.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

In addition, I like to look good when I take off my clothes since I don’t hide under the layers 24/7.

You always look good as long as you leave the bag on![/quote]

I’m going to market these bags to the general population so everyone will look as good as me!!!

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
the bottom line is i like to eat

Exactly. Who doesn’t? Keep it under control and you won’t even have to diet come spring. That equates to: MORE EATING! and more muscle gains instead of losing muscle while cutting.[/quote]

True.

I love to eat! I have no problem eating enough food, I have a problem stopping myself from overeating (even when it’s all clean food). And my body will just pile on the fat no matter how hard I train when I eat like I want to all the time. I’m not “blessed” like those skinny bastards that can get away with thousands of calories of food (even when it’s from junk food) or like “genetically gifted” people like most elite athletes.

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

Do you want to be like Oprah?
[/quote]

Do I want to look like Oprah? No

Do I want Oprah’s bank account? Yes

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

In addition, I like to look good when I take off my clothes since I don’t hide under the layers 24/7.

You always look good as long as you leave the bag on!

I’m going to market these bags to the general population so everyone will look as good as me!!!

[/quote]

I love the way you draw the smiley face on the bag. It makes you seem less threatening when you are naked.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
k1t0r5 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

Do you want to be like Oprah?

Do I want to look like Oprah? No

Do I want Oprah’s bank account? Yes[/quote]

Get her pregnant.