Please Critique my Cutting Diet

I am following a diet plan in order to lose excess fat for summer. Upon reading numerous articles on this site, I have decided that a low-carb option is best for me; this is what I have been following for the past 6 weeks or so.

I always eat relatively low carb, but recently have gone extra-low. I am fairly carb-intolerant (white grains and sugar especially) and, therefore attempt to stay away from them where I can. I have recently been keeping my carbs as low as possible and relying on protein and healthy fats for the mainstay of my caloric intake.

Waffling aside, please offer any constructive criticism on my daily intake, macronutrient split or anything else you think would help me achieve my goals.

Height: 5�?? 10

Weight: 167

BF%: 11%

Meal 1: 1 scoop whey protein
3 large eggs
Green tea
2 HOT-ROX (prior to food)
7 omega 3 capsules
multivatamin
1000mg vitamin c

Meal 2: 6 oz chicken/turkey/
4 cups spinach

Meal 3: 2 HOT-ROX (prior to food)
8 oz chicken/turkey/tuna
1 cup cucumber
4-6 cups spinach/mixed salad greens
1tbsp olive oil

Meal 4: 1.5 scoops whey protein
20 almonds
Green tea

Meal 5: 6 oz some form of lean meat/fish
1 tbsp olive oil
4-6 cups spinach/mixed salad greens, or equivalent broccoli

Meal 6: 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
8 capsules fish oil
Green tea

all meats are interchangeable with equivalent fish or meat options; as long as the calories and nutrient profiles add up at the end of the day, it’s all good.

On workout days (3 days a week, full body lifting) I take 1 (experienced) serving of
Pulse (pre-workout), which contains:
�?� Dual Carb (Dextrose, Palatinose®): 10g
�?� Perform and Pump (AAKG, CEE, Beta Alanine): 6g
�?� Focus Matrix: (Glucuronolactone, Tyrosine, Guarana): 2g
Energy 58.0Kcal
Energy 216.0kJ
Protein (as-is) 0.0g
Carbohydrates 13.0g
Fat 0.0g

and 1 serving of Recovery XS (post-workout), which contains:
�?� Waxy Maize Starch: 50g
�?� Whey Protein Isolate: 27g
�?� Leucine: 5.5g
�?� Glutamine: 4.5g
�?� Creapure®: 3g
�?� Vitamin C: 550mg
�?� Electrolytes: 360mg
Energy 999.9kJ
Energy 275.9Kcal
Protein (as-is) 24.3g
Carbohydrates 50.2g
Fat 0.3g

Combined, these 2 replace meal 5; I will compensate on the protein intake somehow throughout the day. Whilst I realise these two products increase my carb intake massively, they really help me to still make strength and size gains, as well as losing fat.

Although I know that, in order to maximise fat loss I should drop them both, how much of an issue is this, given that they are pre/post-workout nutrition?

Roughly, I�??m operating at about 1000 calories below maintenance, as I burn around 3-400 calories from walking/cycling/sport every day, in addition to my workouts. This is quite a lot below maintenance, but I have found it difficult to lose weight and in the event I consume something through extra through the day (fruit, cheese, more sweet sweet PB) I am still ok.

I tend to go by hunger: if I have eaten 1000 cals under and am ravenous, I�??ll eat a bit more; if not, I won�??t. I have dropped about 2-3% BF in 6 weeks and gained strength, so I feel good. Still, I would appreciate any kind of input on my diet that you guys can give me.

Thanks a lot and happy training (and eating!)

if you want any extra information on my diet or training, don’t hesitate to ask.

also, I’m shortly to go camping with a bunch of friends (no gym, no fridge, not many options for healthy eating). Any suggestions? I’m thinking pre-cooked chicken, cottage cheese, lots of salad and almonds ha ha. . help though seriously, I don’t want to ruin all the hard work.

Greetings. Cuttings diets have been catching my eye lately, I just went through June on one myself. I’m 5’10" as well and just cut from about 185 to 170 (in about 7 weeks total, last 4 weeks, very strict). I basically was eating as you have described, minus the eggs. Zero dry carbs period. And only gatorade carbs post-workout. This was pretty hard for me, and I was going a little, what’s the phrase…bat-shit-crazy? Training wise, I did high-rep supersets a lot. Weird combos, huffy and puffing, no actual cardio to speak of. Every two weeks I did a fullbody lift, heavy, just to monitor my strength. Seemed to work pretty well. You’ve probably read, as I have, that lifting for strengh while dieting can be very effective as well. I tried the opposite approached and it worked for me. That is of course, our bottom line. Good luck and god speed. Your well on your way.

You’re cutting at 167 lbs? you’re kidding right? Skinny kid with abs is all you’ll be.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
You’re cutting at 167 lbs? you’re kidding right? Skinny kid with abs is all you’ll be.[/quote]

Maybe he want’s to be a skinny kid with abs =\

I personally prefer the Brad Pitt in fight club look.