Pendulum Powerlifting

I’m curious if anyone has tried CT’s Pendulum Powerlifting-program?
What kind of progress did you make?
I’m considering of giving at a go, but before that it’d be great to hear how people has responded to it…
Thanks.

I followed the program that’s more designed for athletes. Definitly felt like it helped develop power across the whole spectrum of strength.

I don’t know any specifics, but I was probably following it (with some small changes) for about a month or so and if I recall correctly my bench and squat each went up by at least 15 pounds each.

I did it a while back. I’m not sure if there was a mis-print in the article, but in the 2nd week, (i think) it asked for 10 sets of 3 @ 90% of your max. I duely attempted this and got injured. I’m pretty sure most powerlifters would recommend between 3-10 reps total at this weight.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
I followed the program that’s more designed for athletes. Definitly felt like it helped develop power across the whole spectrum of strength.

I don’t know any specifics, but I was probably following it (with some small changes) for about a month or so and if I recall correctly my bench and squat each went up by at least 15 pounds each.[/quote]

How many cycles of the pendulum did you do?

Only 1… so I guess that was 5 weeks?

I’m not sure why I stopped actually. I think a case of the program working so well I just had to change it up!

Come to think of it, it’s kind of similar to what I’m doing now though, which is working well for me.

The eccentric and isometric emphasis stuff really helped, I feel like.

Thanks for the responses… I think I’ll give it a go for, one or two cycles.
If I’ll do so, I’ll gladly post my gains from it later on.

I would definitly recommend two cycles. I don’t know why I stopped at 1, that was dumb.

Give an update after every week or so and let us know the progress you’ve made (or haven’t made) and any changes (if any) you made.

I personally think you would get much better results if you just followed a westside program. This pendulum program uses the same principles as the westside system. Max effort, dynamic effort, and repetition method. This one just spreads them out and focuses on one each week, which i think is a great way to lose the progress you gained the week before.

And doing 10 sets of 3 at 90% is just absolutely stupid and anyone who can actually complete that isn’t pushing theirselves hard enough on their 1 rep maxes. My squat max is 455 this means i would be doing 410 for 10 sets of 3, are you kidding me? And then after this he has you doing dynamic effort squats with 50% of your max? Do you think i would be able to be explosive after doing 10 sets of 3 with 410? I dont think so.

Maybe you are supposed to wave up to the 90%1RM x 3? Like a max effort triple.